Windows 10: Getting my Windows license back after re-installation even though I didn't register it on...

Discus and support Getting my Windows license back after re-installation even though I didn't register it on... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, so I've just upgraded my old laptop (running Windows 7) from using HDD to SSD. After cloning the data from the internal HDD to SSD, I swapped them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HafidzHilmawan, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Getting my Windows license back after re-installation even though I didn't register it on...

Hi, so I've just upgraded my old laptop (running Windows 7) from using HDD to SSD. After cloning the data from the internal HDD to SSD, I swapped them and loaded the Windows using the SSD and then updated it to Windows 10. It worked just fine but then I had an issue with the laptop's battery that can't be detected and I tried changing the battery but it didn't work. I could only use my laptop while the AC adapter is plugged in. Because of that I just wanted to use the SSD as an external hard drive for other purposes and put the HDD back inside the laptop. I cloned the data from the SSD to HDD and swapped them again. The thing is now I can't load the windows from the HDD, it says bootmgr is missing. I tried repairing the Windows with the bootable flash drive but none of the repairing options worked. All I assume I can do is clean installing the Windows 10 again. But the thing is I haven't registered the Windows license with my Microsoft account so I am not sure if I can get the license back if I try to reinstall the windows. And unfortunately I have formatted my SSD already so I can't reload the windows using it and register it first.

So.... is there a way for me to get the license back after I re-install the Windows?

:)

HafidzHilmawan, Oct 10, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Getting my Windows license back after re-installation even though I didn't register it on...

why won't windows launch after install new MB and CPU?

To repair windows properly-
    • Boot into install CD for XP (if you don't have one, go buy it. For the repair to work, it has to coincide with the version of XP you have).
    • Act as if you're going to install Windows, press "install windows", agree to license.
    • Wait for it to detect all previous installations of Windows. It will then ask if you would like to repair any of them.
    • Select the partition you want to repair, and then go play firsbee...or whatever you do for fun.

zekrahminator, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Getting my Windows license back after re-installation even though I didn't register it on...

1. Getting my Windows license back after re-installation even though I didn't register it on... - Similar Threads - Getting license installation

2. Windows Update freeze even after re-installing windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update freeze even after re-installing windows.: Hello, For more than a year I have been having issues with updating my Windows 10 computer. Whenever there is an update scheduled when turning off the computer, it will freeze at around 30% (the moving circling dots will freeze as well), and it will stay like that for hours...
  3. Your Windows license will expire soon even though my Windows is activated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Your Windows license will expire soon even though my Windows is activated?: [title] Any help? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-windows-license-will-expire-soon-even-though/08da4b6b-adf8-45d2-b445-55c8612beffe"
  4. Getting my old licensed window back

Getting my old licensed window back: Hii, i have recently brought a asus vivobook 14 laptop which has windows 10 preinstalled , after some time i change the proruct key of window , but it expires yesterday ,and now my window is not activated . So i want to go back to my previous window 10 with onboard licence...
  5. Warzone 2100 not installing even though it says it is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Warzone 2100 not installing even though it says it is: Trying to install Warzone 2100. The installer runs just fine and at the end its says it has been 'installed succesfully on your computer' but there's nothing there. No launcher, no folder anywhere on the system. Anyone know why this is and how I can fix it? 136585
  6. I cannot minimise my active windows even though the icon is there.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot minimise my active windows even though the icon is there.: I cannot minimise my active windows even though the icon is there. However the 'X' button on the Edge app has disappeared altogether which means that I cannot easily see all my active icons...
  7. Windows won't activate even though i have online license

Windows won't activate even though i have online license: "Waiting to be filled by oem" I know that my hardwared is locked to a different motherboard, I forgot to tell microsoft i was switching hardware, which seems kind of ridiculous. But anyway i no longer have that motherboard because i sold it. Is there anyway to activate...
  8. My Computer Sleeps even though I told it not to

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Computer Sleeps even though I told it not to: Hello everyone. I have a problem concerning my laptop sleeping. In my power options, I have set it not to sleep, when charging or not. But when I ask it to sleep manually, every time I open it and leave it idle, it sleeps. The problem goes away when I restart my laptop but...
  9. Can you register an application that didn't have an installer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you register an application that didn't have an installer?: Can you register an application that didn't have an installer, i.e. an application that you simply unpacked from a zip file, so that it can be accessed from Explorer? I want to the unobtrusive Audacious to be the main sound player on my audio workstation, but since it wasn't...
  10. Trying to install Windows 10 1709 even though I have it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Windows 10 1709 even though I have it: So guys I installed KB4093105 via the standalone installer and made English(US) the only language and guess what!!!! [img] It worked thank you so much Special thanks to you ----- You are welcome.