Windows 10: Getting my Windows license back after re-installation even though I didn't register it on...

Discus and support Getting my Windows license back after re-installation even though I didn't register it on... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, so I've just upgraded my old laptop (running Windows 7) from using HDD to SSD. After cloning the data from the internal HDD to SSD, I swapped them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HafidzHilmawan, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Getting my Windows license back after re-installation even though I didn't register it on...

Hi, so I've just upgraded my old laptop (running Windows 7) from using HDD to SSD. After cloning the data from the internal HDD to SSD, I swapped them and loaded the Windows using the SSD and then updated it to Windows 10. It worked just fine but then I had an issue with the laptop's battery that can't be detected and I tried changing the battery but it didn't work. I could only use my laptop while the AC adapter is plugged in. Because of that I just wanted to use the SSD as an external hard drive for other purposes and put the HDD back inside the laptop. I cloned the data from the SSD to HDD and swapped them again. The thing is now I can't load the windows from the HDD, it says bootmgr is missing. I tried repairing the Windows with the bootable flash drive but none of the repairing options worked. All I assume I can do is clean installing the Windows 10 again. But the thing is I haven't registered the Windows license with my Microsoft account so I am not sure if I can get the license back if I try to reinstall the windows. And unfortunately I have formatted my SSD already so I can't reload the windows using it and register it first.

So.... is there a way for me to get the license back after I re-install the Windows?

:)

HafidzHilmawan, Oct 10, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Getting my Windows license back after re-installation even though I didn't register it on...

why won't windows launch after install new MB and CPU?

To repair windows properly-
    • Boot into install CD for XP (if you don't have one, go buy it. For the repair to work, it has to coincide with the version of XP you have).
    • Act as if you're going to install Windows, press "install windows", agree to license.
    • Wait for it to detect all previous installations of Windows. It will then ask if you would like to repair any of them.
    • Select the partition you want to repair, and then go play firsbee...or whatever you do for fun.

zekrahminator, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Getting my Windows license back after re-installation even though I didn't register it on...

1. Getting my Windows license back after re-installation even though I didn't register it on... - Similar Threads - Getting license installation

2. I am not able to register my fingerprint after Windows 11 Re-install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to register my fingerprint after Windows 11 Re-install.: Hi Experts,I am facing an issue while registering my fingerprint after Windows re-install.Getting the following message - Sorry, something went wrong. That fingerprint is too similar to one that's already set up. Try a different finger.I tried updating the drivers and removed...
  3. I am not able to register my fingerprint after Windows 11 Re-install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to register my fingerprint after Windows 11 Re-install.: Hi Experts,I am facing an issue while registering my fingerprint after Windows re-install.Getting the following message - Sorry, something went wrong. That fingerprint is too similar to one that's already set up. Try a different finger.I tried updating the drivers and removed...
  4. Windows activated with a license key even though I didn't put one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activated with a license key even though I didn't put one.: I recently found out that my technician had installed pirated Windows 11 to my computer instead of genuine, but when I reinstalled it intending to buy a key the next day, I found out that it was activated permanently with a product key from the RETAIL channel. How in the...
  5. Windows activated with a license key even though I didn't put one.

Windows activated with a license key even though I didn't put one.: I recently found out that my technician had installed pirated Windows 11 to my computer instead of genuine, but when I reinstalled it intending to buy a key the next day, I found out that it was activated permanently with a product key from the RETAIL channel. How in the...
  6. get my license back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    get my license back: my windows 10 license came with my laptop, my hard drive failed - how can i get that license back today when i have a new drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-my-license-back/36f81962-13e7-41ab-a531-c6f0677094cc
  7. get my license back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    get my license back: my windows 10 license came with my laptop, my hard drive failed - how can i get that license back today when i have a new drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-my-license-back/36f81962-13e7-41ab-a531-c6f0677094cc
  8. get my license back

9. My purchase was denied and i didn't get money back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My purchase was denied and i didn't get money back: As in the title, I tried to purchase the game twice and didn't get nor game nor money back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-purchase-was-denied-and-i-didnt-get-money-back/2286bca0-b580-4b0c-9e7c-298630cfc329
  10. Windows License on re-installing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows License on re-installing: My PC is seriously messed up. Don't bother asking me the specifics-It's just too painful I can't even open my settings So I have decided to nuke the hard drive and do a clean install. My question is: What happens to my license key? Do I have to buy another one? I did not buy...