Windows 10: getting new pc how to keep my free upgrade windows 10

Discus and support getting new pc how to keep my free upgrade windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; my apologies if a current response to my question was already asked and correctly answered, I only found info from 2-3 yrs back. I am getting a new pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lcrrg, Dec 8, 2018.

1. lcrrg Win User

getting new pc how to keep my free upgrade windows 10

my apologies if a current response to my question was already asked and correctly answered, I only found info from 2-3 yrs back.

I am getting a new pc built soon. My current pc has had the free upgrade to windows 10, which originated from my windows 7, which I still have in a drawer somewhere.

How do I get my current free windows 10 on my new computer and properly activated etc? do I have to call windows support? do I have to initially install my old copy of windows 7 then go for the clean install of windows 10? Im told the original key activation is tied to my old motherboard so I presumed that means putting in my current ssd that has windows 10 on it would not work? correct?. I do have a usb image of windows 10 recently made for clean install, so do I just install windows 10 and pray it all gets figured out? Also I don't know if this matters or not, my intent with my new pc is to have a brand new ssd that will still be boot with windows 10 on it.

appreciate any help,

Laura

:)

lcrrg, Dec 8, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 8, 2018
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. getting new pc how to keep my free upgrade windows 10 - Similar Threads - getting keep free

2. How to upgrade to windows 10 for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade to windows 10 for free: I looking to upgrade to windows 10 for free on my windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-for-free/a72f701a-1354-400a-b2aa-6210da309dbe
  3. How to upgrade to windows 10 for free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade to windows 10 for free: I looking to upgrade to windows 10 for free on my windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-for-free/a72f701a-1354-400a-b2aa-6210da309dbe
  4. How to upgrade to windows 10 for free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Free upgrade onto new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free upgrade onto new PC?: Hello. I am building a new PC soon and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have heard that I may be able to get this for free because Microsoft didn't stop the free upgrades despite the program officially ending. The problem I am having is that the articles I have read and...
  6. My Windows 10 Free Upgrade PC HD crashed - Free reinstall?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows 10 Free Upgrade PC HD crashed - Free reinstall?: I have an old PC that had an OEM Windows 8 install (and i do have that product key) that died - My SSD completely crashed and I have to install a new hard drive and start over from scratch. I still have my old Windows 8 install discs and the product keys, but I don’t know...
  7. Windows 10 reactivation from free upgrade to new PC

Windows 10 reactivation from free upgrade to new PC: Heyall. Says from the title itself. I just bought myself a new pc and I'm trying to transfer my digital license from my old one to this new system. I've read you can transfer the free windows 10 upgrade given a couple of requirements that require me to know what OS version...
  8. Getting Win10 free upgrade installed on new drive

Getting Win10 free upgrade installed on new drive: Greetings, I've researched this but have a bit of a unique situation. I am running windows 7 on a SATA2 SSD but I plan to upgrade to a PCIe SSD when I install Windows 10. Up until now I thought I would have to spring for a new OEM windows 10 disk, however I wonder if this...
  9. Transferring a Win 10 to a new PC, with a free upgrade license

Transferring a Win 10 to a new PC, with a free upgrade license: This may already have been answered, but I haven't seen it answered in a way that I thought captured the significant details. Scenario: I have a PC with a retail copy of Win 8.1 Pro installed and activated. I get the free Win 10 Pro upgrade by download. I create an .iso...
  10. Windows 10 Free Upgrade DESTROYED my brand new Notebook PC

Windows 10 Free Upgrade DESTROYED my brand new Notebook PC: Last Friday, I received my alert about my Notebook PC (previously running Windows 8.1, that I just purchased in November and had yet to actually use much because it was bought to be a school-PC for me to use for college) was ready to upgrade for free to Windows 10. I followed...