Windows 10: Getting new PC with Windows 10 HOME trial and want to use my existing license?

Discus and support Getting new PC with Windows 10 HOME trial and want to use my existing license? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't quite know how to go about this practically.I have Windows 10 Home installation that was upgraded to Windows 10 PRO by buying a retail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TooPicky, Oct 16, 2022.

1. TooPicky Win User

Getting new PC with Windows 10 HOME trial and want to use my existing license?

I don't quite know how to go about this practically.I have Windows 10 Home installation that was upgraded to Windows 10 PRO by buying a retail license.Then the Windows 10 PRO was updated to Windows 11 via Windows updates.Now I am buying a new PC that will come preinstalled with Windows 10 Home Trial.My thought was to use the existing trial license and my retail key to upgrade it to Windows 10 PRO and then update it to Windows 11 Pro.I keep thinking there is an easier way. I am using a digital license I think... how can I confirm? Does not show up in subscriptions as the retail license was no

:)

TooPicky, Oct 16, 2022

2. Windows 10 License question - New PC and old computer still exists.

Hi Microsoft Community!

I'm in the process of assembling a new PC and am going to give the old PC to my younger brother. I want to transfer my existing license to the new computer and if possible "de-license" the old one. These are the particulars:

• My Windows 10 license was purchased on the Microsoft website and originally activated with a product key.
    • I still have this product key.
    • I have since formatted the PC and after re-installing Windows 10 the activation is now with a digital license.
    • I prefer using local accounts on my PC and thus haven't created a Microsoft account enabled user.

My question is how to best go about transferring the license? Can I just format the old PC and activate my license on the new PC with the product key? If I do that will I get a problem when my brother installs Windows on the old computer again, since it
    now has a digital license?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Daniel Door, Oct 16, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2022
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Oct 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Getting new PC with Windows 10 HOME trial and want to use my existing license? - Similar Threads - Getting HOME trial

2. Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial: I have a Windows 10 Professional license from a laptop that I purchased a while ago. Recently, I built a new pc, which I installed the trial version of Windows 10 Home on. My plan was to transfer the license from the laptop onto the pc once I upgraded the laptop. I have,...
  3. Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial: I have a Windows 10 Professional license from a laptop that I purchased a while ago. Recently, I built a new pc, which I installed the trial version of Windows 10 Home on. My plan was to transfer the license from the laptop onto the pc once I upgraded the laptop. I have,...
  4. Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. upgrading PC completely, want to use existing Windows 10 license on new computer and no...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading PC completely, want to use existing Windows 10 license on new computer and no...: If I were to install Windows 10 or 11 directly from USB flash drive onto brand new motherboard CPU SSD combo, can I use my existing Windows 10 key?...
  6. upgrading PC completely, want to use existing Windows 10 license on new computer and no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrading PC completely, want to use existing Windows 10 license on new computer and no...: If I were to install Windows 10 or 11 directly from USB flash drive onto brand new motherboard CPU SSD combo, can I use my existing Windows 10 key?...
  7. upgrading PC completely, want to use existing Windows 10 license on new computer and no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Getting new PC with Windows 10 HOME trial and want to use my existing license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting new PC with Windows 10 HOME trial and want to use my existing license?: I don't quite know how to go about this practically.I have Windows 10 Home installation that was upgraded to Windows 10 PRO by buying a retail license.Then the Windows 10 PRO was updated to Windows 11 via Windows updates.Now I am buying a new PC that will come preinstalled...
  9. New Drives in New Dell PC’s, can I use existing licenses?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Drives in New Dell PC’s, can I use existing licenses?: Hello all Am not sure if this should be in the install and upgrade section as is more a licensing/purchase question not a tech question I think, but if the mods disagree please feel free to move. So I ordered (3) new Dell PC’s for work that will be coming with Windows 10...
  10. New Drives in New Dell PC’s, can I use existing licenses?

in Windows 10 Support
    New Drives in New Dell PC’s, can I use existing licenses?: Hello all Am not sure if this should be in the install and upgrade section as is more a licensing/purchase question not a tech question I think, but if the mods disagree please feel free to move. So I ordered (3) new Dell PC’s for work that will be coming with Windows 10...