Windows 10: Getting No Display

Discus and support Getting No Display in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I had my HD TV (monitor) connected via my graphics card. I removed the HDMI cable from the graphics card and plugged it into my motherboard instead.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jimlau, Oct 9, 2018.

1. jimlau Win User

Getting No Display

I had my HD TV (monitor) connected via my graphics card. I removed the HDMI cable from the graphics card and plugged it into my motherboard instead.

This is because a video editing software program I use, Resolve, apparently uses the on-board GPU if the display port from the nVidia card is used. Instead, I want the display to go through the motherboard, allowing the GPU to do the processing.

But now, after plugging the HDMI cable into the motherboard, I get no signal. An empty display.

Any ideas why? Do I need to change a default display setting to on-board? I dig turn off then on the monitor and computer, but no change.

Thanks.

CPU - i7 6700K
    Board - Z170A M3 Gaming
    RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM
    OS - Windows 10 Pro
    GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 1050

:)

jimlau, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Getting No Display

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Getting No Display

1. Getting No Display - Similar Threads - Getting Display

2. How to get rid of the Caps Lock ON/OFF visual display [WINDOWS 11; HP]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of the Caps Lock ON/OFF visual display [WINDOWS 11; HP]: Hi all,All of a sudden this annoying box has turned on and for some reason please see attached images below. Not sure what's caused it, for the life of me I can't seem to find out how to turn this back off. First time I've encountered this, tried results from other pages on...
  3. How to get rid of the Caps Lock ON/OFF visual display [WINDOWS 11; HP]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of the Caps Lock ON/OFF visual display [WINDOWS 11; HP]: Hi all,All of a sudden this annoying box has turned on and for some reason please see attached images below. Not sure what's caused it, for the life of me I can't seem to find out how to turn this back off. First time I've encountered this, tried results from other pages on...
  4. Any way to get rid of this bar, using my tablet as wireless extended display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to get rid of this bar, using my tablet as wireless extended display: [ATTACH] Casual use and work mode it's not a problem. I'm usually not clicking up there. But when I'm gaming if I click on it, it minimizes the game. Annoying especially if you're in the middle of some action submitted by /u/ElGrandrei [link] [comments]...
  5. WIndows 10 getting locked automatically even after turning off the screensaver, display,...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIndows 10 getting locked automatically even after turning off the screensaver, display,...: I am using a Windows 10 OS which is getting locked automatically after sometime I leave it without any activity. I have tried to change multiple settings on other popular recommendations including turning screensaver, display off and sleep settings to "never". Yet the issue...
  6. my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up?: my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up? Zoorui monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-monitor-will-not-come-up-on-the/65ddb6a9-d3c5-4767-b31f-ccc7bc78693f
  7. my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up?

my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up?: my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up? Zoorui monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-monitor-will-not-come-up-on-the/65ddb6a9-d3c5-4767-b31f-ccc7bc78693f
  8. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...: I did a reset of Windows 10 on my laptop today and afterwards the update and security link directs back to my laptop display instead of opening in the settings. I haven't done anything else because I don't know what to do!...
  9. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...: I did a reset of Windows 10 on my laptop today and afterwards the update and security link directs back to my laptop display instead of opening in the settings. I haven't done anything else because I don't know what to do!...
  10. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

in Windows 10 Customization