Windows 10: Getting No Display

Discus and support Getting No Display in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I had my HD TV (monitor) connected via my graphics card. I removed the HDMI cable from the graphics card and plugged it into my motherboard instead.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jimlau, Oct 9, 2018.

1. jimlau Win User

Getting No Display

I had my HD TV (monitor) connected via my graphics card. I removed the HDMI cable from the graphics card and plugged it into my motherboard instead.

This is because a video editing software program I use, Resolve, apparently uses the on-board GPU if the display port from the nVidia card is used. Instead, I want the display to go through the motherboard, allowing the GPU to do the processing.

But now, after plugging the HDMI cable into the motherboard, I get no signal. An empty display.

Any ideas why? Do I need to change a default display setting to on-board? I dig turn off then on the monitor and computer, but no change.

Thanks.

CPU - i7 6700K
    Board - Z170A M3 Gaming
    RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM
    OS - Windows 10 Pro
    GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 1050

:)

jimlau, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 9, 2018
  3. MomentoMoir Win User
    Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Chicken Patty Win User

Getting No Display

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Getting No Display

1. Getting No Display - Similar Threads - Getting Display

2. How to get Win 10 to use the Geforce Graphics card rather than the Microsoft Basic Display...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get Win 10 to use the Geforce Graphics card rather than the Microsoft Basic Display...: How to get Win 10 to use the Geforce Graphics card rather than the Microsoft Basic Display adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-win-10-to-use-the-geforce-graphics-card/f13116eb-8bbb-45e3-9d81-753c0f41a30b
  3. Cannot get Background display to work as a slide show.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot get Background display to work as a slide show.: I have tried to set the Background Display to point to a folder that contains JPG photos to use as wallpaper. However, the laptop will not save the setting where I select SLIDESHOW even though the my WALLPAPER folder is still showing. It seems like the only option that...
  4. how can i get the preview pane inWindows 10 Explorer to display .pdf files?

how can i get the preview pane inWindows 10 Explorer to display .pdf files?: When I select a file in Windows 10 Explorer, most files will display a preview in the preview pane. However .pdf files apparently cannot be previewed. Is there a solution?...
  5. Can I get 144hz if I plug my laptop via mini display to display port into an external monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I get 144hz if I plug my laptop via mini display to display port into an external monitor?: Hi I'm planning to buy a new external monitor for my laptop because my laptop monitor is too small. I want to get a 144hz monitor because it's smoother than 60hz. I looked on Amazon and I came down to the Viewsonic XG2402 monitor found here:...
  6. I'm getting trouble while typing as it is displaying some other language how to change that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm getting trouble while typing as it is displaying some other language how to change that...: I'm getting trouble while typing as it is displaying some other language how to change that to display in English https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/im-getting-trouble-while-typing-as-it-is/936dde73-9ebf-498f-9065-99cc79e0e5fd
  7. How do I get a Win 7 Pro computer to display users on a Win 10 Pro com

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get a Win 7 Pro computer to display users on a Win 10 Pro com: When I log onto a desktop computer running Windows 7 Pro and click on the icon for Windows Explorer/Networking my Windows 10 Pro notebook is shown, however the only User is Public. The configuration on the Win 10 Pro notebook for Network and Sharing Center/Advance sharing...
  8. Cannot get display to show all items (I've updated drivers, changed to every possible...

Cannot get display to show all items (I've updated drivers, changed to every possible...: HELP, My HP Envy 750-524 compute (Driver Graphics 1803) suddenly changed such that my monitor (Dynex DX-32L200NA14) no longer shows all of the items. This is true on Home Screen and all apps. This has happened to me many times before, usually after a software update, but...
  9. XP-Pen Artist 15.6 or 16 pro pen display : What should I get?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    XP-Pen Artist 15.6 or 16 pro pen display : What should I get?: Hello Should I get the xp-pen Artist 15.6 or the 16 pro ?I am currently looking for one to go with my main system win 10 pro . So I can use my traditional drawing skills I have learned for a few semesters in college on digital media . The Keyboard and mouse doesn't work...
  10. Can't get monitor to display until Windows fires up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't get monitor to display until Windows fires up: My older PC will not fire up the screen until I get to the login screen for windows. This means I do not get to see the boot options or able to enter the BIOS. Once the screen is up I can shutdown and restart and the monitor gets fed fine and I see the boot options and able...