Windows 10: Getting notifications Account requires attention in Mail app

Discus and support Getting notifications Account requires attention in Mail app in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Not long ago I received a notice of suspicious behavior regarding my Google account, and I didn't recognize the location of the activity (log in).... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kth765, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Kth765 Win User

Getting notifications Account requires attention in Mail app

Not long ago I received a notice of suspicious behavior regarding my Google account, and I didn't recognize the location of the activity (log in).

The Mail app is suddenly giving me the "account requires attention", message, and the gmail address in question is not usable.

Due to the circumstances (this has happened previously, and was harmless) I want to double check with you, is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" legit?

"commapps" gives some strange search results.

Thanks

***Modified title from: "Windows wants access to your account" Mail version16005. "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"***

:)

Kth765, Apr 17, 2019

2. 'Attention Required' notification in Windows 10 Mail

Hi, I am getting an 'Attention Required' notification in Windows 10 Mail with a warning triangle next to the Accounts list on the left hand side of the screen against the Hotmail account. The trouble is when I click on it and select Fix Account, a pop up
    appears titles 'Attention Required, with the words Fixing Account... , but fro0m there it just hangs. Nothing else happens.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Rolandh(2), Apr 17, 2019
  3. edreded Win User
    'Attention Required' notification in Windows 10 Mail

Im having same problem since Windows Phone 10 update (1607) (build 10.0.14393.2007) on MS Lumia 535. Keeps asking to "Fix" password. Enter correct password SAVE then wait. Then loops back to "Attention Needed", "Fix" ad-infinitum. Update has rendered Outlook
    Mail app useless.

Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Mail/Outlook Mail

edreded, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Helmut Win User

Mail sounds required, but not notification banners

Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Notifications > get notifications from apps and other senders > On.
    Scroll down to Mail > On.
    Click on that
    Notifications > On
    Show notifications in Action centre > Off.
    Then switch On what you require for each account.

Some of those settings (and some different) are repeated in the Mail App itself.

You will get rather variable results as to what actually works on what accounts, all rather flaky, and confusing.

Helmut, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Getting notifications Account requires attention in Mail app - Similar Threads - Getting notifications Account

2. Windows 10 mail app always show "attention required" for icloud account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 mail app always show "attention required" for icloud account: Windows 10 mail app always show "attention required" for icloud account Unable to access my icloud emails on my PC on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-always-show-attention-required/539cf535-f959-48c7-a70a-7ce9cad94257
  3. "Some of your accounts require attention"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Some of your accounts require attention": Every so often I get a notification from Windows saying "Some of your accounts require attention" When I go to Start -> Settings -> Shared Experiences I see the same message in red above a "Fix now" button, which when clicked asks me to enter my PIN. And when I enter my PIN...
  4. Mail App "Attention Required" and Update Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App "Attention Required" and Update Password: Hello. I have a button on my screen in the Mail app that says "Attention Required". I could not figure it out, even after I deleted and re-setup my email on it. I have my gmail on it, but can not get my main email on it. It also says "Sync Error" and my iCloud settings are...
  5. Mail Attention Required and Update Password

Mail Attention Required and Update Password: Hello. I have a button on my screen in the Mail app that says "Attention Required". I could not figure it out, even after I deleted and re-setup my email on it. I have my gmail on it, but can not get my main email on it....
  6. Accounts requiring attention?

Accounts requiring attention?: So that account problem pop up showed up on my laptop. Yellow text in Shared experiences and I'm asked for my pin again. How does an account go out of date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accounts-requiring-attention/8ad36110-d950-4817-92e0-79f70acb30e6
  7. Attention Required-Email accounts

Attention Required-Email accounts: my email accounts are in need of " require attention", I update password to fix it and manage accounts, and still get Attention required, what am I doing wrong?...
  8. Getting notifications Account requires attention in Mail app

Getting notifications Account requires attention in Mail app: Not long ago I received a notice of suspicious behavior regarding my Google account, and I didn't recognize the location of the activity (log in). The Mail app is suddenly giving me the "account requires attention", message, and the gmail address in question is not usable....
  9. Attention required for email account

Attention required for email account: Hello! I have setup multiple email accounts and this is the only one that is giving me trouble. It's a "Yahoo" account and every time I enter my credentials it will connect, show me my new emails and then about 1 minute later it is back to saying "Attention Required" and...
  10. Attention required for Outlook Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Attention required for Outlook Account: I use Outlook 2013 on my PC. Since the anniversary upgrade I keep getting the message "you need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device." Since I don't use Outlook.com I assume that I can...