Windows 10: Getting nowhere with sharing drives

Discus and support Getting nowhere with sharing drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Could someone tell me how to share drives? I've spent hours doing everything imaginable but not succeeding. From win10-pc I can see "D" and "E" in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James1093, Jan 20, 2021.

1. James1093 Win User

Getting nowhere with sharing drives

Hi,
    Could someone tell me how to share drives? I've spent hours doing everything imaginable but not succeeding.

From win10-pc I can see "D" and "E" in Explorer-Network-Win10-pc2 but both drives give this message when trying to access them.

Windows cannot access \\Win10pc2\e
    You do not have permission to access \\Win10-pc2\e. Contact your network administrator to
    request access.

Although win10-pc can access some folders on win10-pc2, just not the drives.

On the win10-pc2 machine under Network they are accessible.
    I have tried to set full access Permissions for Everyone on win10-pc2 but it just won't work

Many thanks for any help.

:)

James1093, Jan 20, 2021

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 20, 2021
  4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. Getting nowhere with sharing drives - Similar Threads - Getting nowhere sharing

2. Share Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share Drive: Good morning The issue is at its follows. I'm trying to map a share drive for a user, I can see the drive and add it but the system gives me the "Network error" that the user doesn't have access to it. User is already added to the corresponding security groups, system is up...
  3. Share Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share Drive: Good morning The issue is at its follows. I'm trying to map a share drive for a user, I can see the drive and add it but the system gives me the "Network error" that the user doesn't have access to it. User is already added to the corresponding security groups, system is up...
  4. Drive Detected in Bios but Nowhere else.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive Detected in Bios but Nowhere else.: I have 2 SSDs and only one is detected anywhere else except the bios, I have tried a fix but it did not work. Both drives were working, however one has stopped....
  5. Drive Detected in Bios but Nowhere else.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive Detected in Bios but Nowhere else.: I have 2 SSDs and only one is detected anywhere else except the bios, I have tried a fix but it did not work. Both drives were working, however one has stopped....
  6. Drive Detected in Bios but Nowhere else.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Share a drive

Share a drive: Hello. I have set up a second computer on my home network. I am trying to share a drive from one to the other. Everything seemed to work fine until I was asked for my credentials to connect by windows security I have tried my microsoft account name and PW, tried what settings...
  8. Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer: A little background, I had a computer that had a WD external hard drive that i used for storage. I recently built a new PC, but and i would like to use this external hard drive on this new computer because it has the majority of my files. Anyways, I've plugged in my drive to...
  9. Shared Drives

Shared Drives: I am not able to map a drive or connect to a shared network drive using Win 10. I have win 10 home on one system and win 7 home on other. The C and F drives on the win 7 are shared with everyone and when I try and connect to either drive using a win 7 system all is ok. If I...
  10. Drive Sharing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Drive Sharing: I believe that an outside source has gotten into my computer. I have detected a drive sharing indication when signing on to the internet. I have been unable to delete the drive sharing. How do I do it?...