Windows 10: Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

Discus and support Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I've been getting nvlddmkm errors in event viewer every time I play the game Outlast 2 which was just released. I'm using Lenovo IdeaPad laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Sui, May 26, 2017.

1. SUI
    Sui Win User

Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

Hi,

I've been getting nvlddmkm errors in event viewer every time I play the game Outlast 2 which was just released. I'm using Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, while not high specs, it can run the game at 60fps at mid-high settings with no problem so I highly doubt that it's not meeting minimum requirements. Gonna keep it point form for easy read.

Symptoms:

• Within 1-10min of gameplay, game would freeze for a few seconds then throw a "Outlast 2 has stopped working" Windows error
    • Few seconds after clicking "close program" in the error, it would throw a "Rendering thread exception - fatal error"
    • After closing that, it would finally throw a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error "RUNTIME ERROR! R6025 -pure virtual function call"
    • In event viewer, I get about 16 or so error events, "The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer" (screenshot)
    • Also get a warning event in event viewer usually on top of error events, "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"
    • Only game crashes, windows not affected

Specs:

• Windows 10 64-bit with anniversary update, no creators edition
    • i7-4700MQ
    • 8GB RAM
    • Nvidia GT750M Optimus, latest driver as of this post which is 383.22

Things already tried:

• Absolute minimum graphic settings in-game + windowed mode
    • Disable hibernate/quick start in power options and restart computer
    • Use DDU-safe mode to uninstall everything Nvidia related, then manually download 383.22 and reinstall it, didn't install GeForce Experience or PhysX
    • Use DDU-safe mode to uninstall everything Nvidia related, then manually download 368.81 to roll back, didn't install GeForce Experience or PhysX
    • Power options -> PCI Express -> maximum power settings
    • Power options -> processor power management -> max processor state -> change to 99% instead of 100%
    • sfc scannow in CMD (no errors)
    • DISM checkhealth in CMD (no errors)
    • Adding TDRDelay registry key and set it to 10
    • Whitelist entire game directory in Windows Defender
    • Create new windows user account and launch game from that account
    • Force game to use integrated Intel HD graphics -> this would prevent any crash, but obviously be unplayable at like 5fps. So this means it's something wrong with Nvidia drivers, and not my computer?
    I even chatted with service rep from Nvidia, they're out of ideas too and told me "check with Lenovo", lol.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

:)

2. RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 reports in event viewer.

Hi.

My rams are 16gb 2x8 DDR4, 6700K,Asus Z170-P, Windows 10.

Everytime i am opening some application which is fine and opening. But on event viewer i get : RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 errors. Applications are opening fine but windows 10 reporting this as RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 in event viewer.

If games not crashes and i have that logs in event viewer do something, or leave it alone?

I have that radar errors in event viewer almost everytime when i am opening some game or benchmark , thats all. But not crashing.

Example from BlackOps3:

Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing [​IMG]

sewewewassasasa, May 26, 2017
  3. Chriso747 Win User
    Windows 10 Frequent crashes especially while gaming

When a game crashes, take a note of the time of that event and go into Event Viewer (Custom views - Administrative events). Double click on the event and note details given for the crash; could be a faulting module or an error code. It will help narrow
    down the reason for that particular event.

Chriso747, May 26, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

1) Run Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    At least 8 runs

2) run administrative command prompt:
    sfc /scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    chkdsk /x /f /r
    For the chkdsk it will require a reboot and may take many hours. Plan to run it overnight.
    To view the chkdsk results run administrative command prompt or powershell: get-winevent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.providername –match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message | out-file Desktop\CHKDSKResults.txt

Let us know the results of each study.

Let's troubleshoot performing many of the steps for the driver in this link once memory, chkdsk, operating system integrity steps have been completed.

nvlddmkm.sys on Windows 10 Blue Screen Failure [Solved] - Driver Easy

zbook, May 26, 2017
  5. SUI
    Sui Win User
    I already ran sfc scannow yesterday, as well as DISM checkhealth, neither returned error. I didn't run DISM restorehealth or chkdsk though, is it still needed?

Btw I'm not getting any BSOD's or any windows problems, only issue is game is freezing and crashing.

6. zbook New Member
    zbook, May 27, 2017
  7. SUI
    Sui Win User
    I don't understand what you mean. Just said I didn't have any BSOD's.

• Do I still run DISM restore health + chkdsk?
    • Do I run this new furmark thing? Before or after the above?

8. Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

Is Outlast 2 the only game you are having an issue with? If you are plying through Steam verify the integrity of the game files.

Josey Wales, May 27, 2017
  9. SUI
    Sui Win User
    It's the only game where I get the "rendering thread exception - fatal error" then game crashes. In another MMO sometimes my screen would freeze for 2-3 seconds, then go black for another 2-3 seconds, then resume normal (but huge FPS drop for a few seconds before it recovers). I assume that means the driver crashed and recovered? But game doesn't crash. I don't play many games though, besides Outlast 2 I just have 1 MMO and Outlast 1 installed. No problems with Outlast 1, I'm guessing it's because it's much lower stress on GPU.

And yeah already verified files. I even re-installed it.

Thema:

1. Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing - Similar Threads - Getting nvlddmkm error

2. ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..: The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer....
  3. ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..: The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer....
  4. nvlddmkm gaming/video crash error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvlddmkm gaming/video crash error: i experienced a crash while playing games or using graphic-intensive applications. while playing screen go black screen, crash to desktop,unresponsive system or sometimes immediate system restart,and my graphic cardGTX 1650 Tiis stop working0 percent usage in task manager i...
  5. nvlddmkm gaming/video crash error

nvlddmkm gaming/video crash error: i experienced a crash while playing games or using graphic-intensive applications. while playing screen go black screen, crash to desktop,unresponsive system or sometimes immediate system restart,and my graphic cardGTX 1650 Tiis stop working0 percent usage in task manager i...
  6. PC Games crashes after 2minutes-10minutes of playing result event viewer error nvlddmkm

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Games crashes after 2minutes-10minutes of playing result event viewer error nvlddmkm: Hello,The problem only occurs while I play video games like Warzone, Diablo2R, Fortnite, etc etc.... the game will play for a few minutes 2 -10 usually then it will crash. usually the screen freezes then goes black. I have multiple monitors so I simply task manager ,end task,...
  7. PC Games crashes after 2minutes-10minutes of playing result event viewer error nvlddmkm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Games crashes after 2minutes-10minutes of playing result event viewer error nvlddmkm: Hello,The problem only occurs while I play video games like Warzone, Diablo2R, Fortnite, etc etc.... the game will play for a few minutes 2 -10 usually then it will crash. usually the screen freezes then goes black. I have multiple monitors so I simply task manager ,end task,...
  8. PC Games crashes after 2minutes-10minutes of playing result event viewer error nvlddmkm

9. Games keep crashing with this error in event viewer

Games keep crashing with this error in event viewer: So i play alot of games but some of my games keep crashing (not all) on thing noticed is the games that crash are multiplayer games so i checked my event viewer and i got this error after i crashed i just need help fixing it to see if thats the problem Log Name: System...
  10. Event viewer showing errors , that keep crashing games

Event viewer showing errors , that keep crashing games: so for the past few days ive beeen trying to troubleshoot this issue. it seems to have arisen from a windows update , but now i cant play a game for more than 5 minutes. IN event viewer i was getting dcom erorr 10016 but having seemingly fixed that issue now im lucky if i can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. radar_pre_leak_64 crashing nvlddmkm