Windows 10: Getting offered already installed updates for the 2nd month

Discus and support Getting offered already installed updates for the 2nd month in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last month I installed updates and got the same updates offered post-reboot. Event viewer shows they were successfully changed the the Installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StephenDeane, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Getting offered already installed updates for the 2nd month

Last month I installed updates and got the same updates offered post-reboot. Event viewer shows they were successfully changed the the Installed state. I figured it was a fluke, so I waited until this month's updates. However, I get the same results. Packages move to the installed state and then show in Windows Update after the reboot.

I see a "Current state is Invalid Installed" when I rerun any of these updates but haven't found a specific fix for that yet.

Restarted the Win service, same results.

I have reset the Windows Update components as suggested here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d-to-the/95fb9837-6551-48a3-863d-f70109e459c7

:)

StephenDeane, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

windows update keeps offering the same update

We understand that it is important to you to update your Windows 10. The
    SoftwareDistribution
    folder contains the files of Windows Update. The files inside that folder may be corrupted that is why you're encountering the issue. We suggest that you rename the folder to SoftwareDistribution.old folder so
    that Windows will create a new SoftwareDistribution folder. To do this, follow these steps:

• Access the link that we've provided in our last reply, and then follow the 2nd step.
    • Access File Explorer. Go to C:\Windows, and then look for
      SoftwareDistribution folder.
    • Right-click the folder, and then select Rename.
    • Rename the folder to SoftwareDistribution.old.
    • Access the link that we've provided again, and then follow the 9th step.
    • Restart the computer.

Windows Update is failing to install the updates that is why it keeps offering you the same updates. There may be a third party program running in the background that is why you're encountering the issue. We suggest that you
    perform a clean boot for us to know if you can update your Windows 10 while your third party apps are disabled.
    You can perform a clean boot on your computer after following steps 1-5.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Sep 1, 2020
  3. mlee49 Win User
    Driver Update/install

Ok, so let me get the basics down first.

1st delete the old driver(software or one by one)
    2nd Install new drivers from download
    3rd test new drivers

Reboot after steps 1 & 2?

mlee49, Sep 1, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Getting offered already installed updates for the 2nd month

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Getting offered already installed updates for the 2nd month

1. Getting offered already installed updates for the 2nd month - Similar Threads - Getting offered already

2. Windows update thinks an update is already installed but it isn't. Now it won't offer it again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update thinks an update is already installed but it isn't. Now it won't offer it again: I'm in the Windows insider program, I'm on Canary version 25951. But today my PC restarted to install version .25967. But it only took 15 minutes and said it was done. No rollback or error message. But the bottom right corner of my screen still shows that I am on 25951. My...
  3. Windows update thinks an update is already installed but it isn't. Now it won't offer it again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update thinks an update is already installed but it isn't. Now it won't offer it again: I'm in the Windows insider program, I'm on Canary version 25951. But today my PC restarted to install version .25967. But it only took 15 minutes and said it was done. No rollback or error message. But the bottom right corner of my screen still shows that I am on 25951. My...
  4. Why does Windows 10 updates offer to install kb5030300 when I've already manually upgraded...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Windows 10 updates offer to install kb5030300 when I've already manually upgraded...: Ok,... so I've gone to UUP dump & got their latest Windows 10 Build 19045.3513 ISO,... & manually upgraded my system to this new build,...Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 19045.3513 amd64 So after it completed perfectly, Windows updates the auto crazy stuff offers...
  5. Getting notified for the update already installed earlier

Getting notified for the update already installed earlier: I am using windows 10 2004 and recieved a cumulative update on 9 Sept 2020 today I was trying to install the update went to update history found the same update have already been installed on 9th also the update the failing today again and again I would like to tell that I...
  6. Updating to a update that I've already installed

Updating to a update that I've already installed: What happens if i download an update I've already updated to like the Windows 1909 update which i installed on Intel drivers and Support Assistant....
  7. Re-install Applications Already Installed on 2nd HDD

Re-install Applications Already Installed on 2nd HDD: I just reset my Windows 10 OS and now I have to reinstall all the applications. However, install most of of apps on a 2nd HDD, and was wondering if there is anyway to avoid having to redownload all these apps. This computer sits in a remote site with limited internet...
  8. UNABLE TO GET MONTHLY UPDATES

UNABLE TO GET MONTHLY UPDATES: [ATTACH] I AM GETTING THIS ERROR FOR WHILE I CHECK FOR UPDATES. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-get-monthly-updates/b434133d-d53a-4971-8398-c6ecee72a994
  9. Windows 10 updates offers already installed updates (via .msu)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 updates offers already installed updates (via .msu): I reformat and clean-reinstall Windows roughly on a monthly basis. Now using the Windows 10 1709 iso for this purpose. I have all auto-updates turned off (Windows 10 Pro) via group policy editor. After first boot, I run a batch file that installs Windows updates (.msu...
  10. Will monthly update install for machines?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will monthly update install for machines?: Will monthly update install for machines yet to install the Win 10 anniversary update? 60150