Windows 10: Getting old files between to drives with windows.

Discus and support Getting old files between to drives with windows. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed windows on to my SSD and now have two instances of windows installed. Is there a way I can “fuse” folders like Downloads, Documents,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zeddovic, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Getting old files between to drives with windows.

I installed windows on to my SSD and now have two instances of windows installed. Is there a way I can “fuse” folders like Downloads, Documents, Program Files, and Program files(x86) so I wouldn’t have to switch between my drives? This is the first time I’ve ever done anything like this.

I essentially want to use my old hard old hardrive as storage and keep all my older folders.

Can I just copy/paste all the stuff between windows installs?

submitted by /u/Zeddovic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zeddovic, Sep 6, 2020

2. How to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive?

I use the external drive
    for File History and have a lot of information there. I want to restart the File History process on a new drive and place the previous File History drive off-site.

Please suggest the steps to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive.

CindyRomero, Sep 6, 2020
  3. TUngsten Win User
    getting files off old HD

quick question:

I've got an old HD that has a ton of image scans on it that I want to get, but it's an old machine and I can't get it to boot all the way since it's an office/work machine that is no longer recognized by the network here...

Can I simply pull the HD, plug it into my current machine, and look at the files that way? I know there's a method, but I've just never tried it.

If I hook the old drive up to my mobo as a 2nd drive, and boot the machine as usual from it's current drive, are there any steps I need to access the 2nd drive? Or should it just appear in "my computer" and I'll have access?

I plan on hooking this up to my old backup machine, which boots off a sata HD. The old drive in question is an IDE drive.

I'm asking because the IT guys here at work haven't gotten around to helping me and the damn workorder is more that a month old already...

TUngsten, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Getting old files between to drives with windows.

little cat, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Getting old files between to drives with windows.

1. Getting old files between to drives with windows. - Similar Threads - Getting old files

2. Can Launch windows on old drive but i cant view the files on my old drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Launch windows on old drive but i cant view the files on my old drive: I downloaded windows on my hard drive, but then after a few days i downloaded windows on my ssd but now i cant view the windows files on my hard drive but i have the opption to launch windows on my hard drive and my ssd please help!...
  3. Can Launch windows on old drive but i cant view the files on my old drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Launch windows on old drive but i cant view the files on my old drive: I downloaded windows on my hard drive, but then after a few days i downloaded windows on my ssd but now i cant view the windows files on my hard drive but i have the opption to launch windows on my hard drive and my ssd please help!...
  4. File Drag & Drop Between Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Drag & Drop Between Drives: How do I disable the feature that leaves a copy of the file on the source drive when dragging to another drive? Dragging a file to another folder on the same drive moves it to the new location while dragging a file from drive 1 to drive 2 puts a copy on both drives....
  5. File Drag & Drop Between Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Drag & Drop Between Drives: How do I disable the feature that leaves a copy of the file on the source drive when dragging to another drive? Dragging a file to another folder on the same drive moves it to the new location while dragging a file from drive 1 to drive 2 puts a copy on both drives....
  6. File Drag & Drop Between Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Transfer files between drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Transfer files between drives: I have 2 external drives attached to my Windows 10 computer. Drive A is 8TB, drive B is 4TB. Drive B is running low on space (Drive A has plenty) and I want to transfer/move files from a similar folder on B to A. There are a lot of Sub folders and files in both locations....
  8. moving files between to drives

moving files between to drives: How can I show two file folders and move files between them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-files-between-to-drives/533348dd-18dc-4584-8eea-3bc909c496ef"
  9. delete system files on old drive

delete system files on old drive: How do I delete system files on a hard disk that is no longer the boot disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-system-files-on-old-drive/fcca3c2d-6e30-4ad0-84a0-d416759010aa"
  10. MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS

MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS: I have two personal One Drive accounts, each on its own email address. I need to move files from one of those accounts to the other. I am downloading each file or folder and then copying them into the other account and it is a nightmare! I have been working on it for days and...