Windows 10: Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full

Discus and support Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, RAM-hungry apps such as chrome or games often give me this error. Also, sometimes, everything in the computer begins to misbehave, freeze and crash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gael_the_druid, May 23, 2020.

1. Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full

So, RAM-hungry apps such as chrome or games often give me this error. Also, sometimes, everything in the computer begins to misbehave, freeze and crash as if there was really not enough memory, but it only shows like 18GB/46GB "Committed" in task manager. It just started today morning, wasn't happening previously. The computer was running all night and wasn't restarted. It's definitely not Windows Updates because I have them paused at the moment. Also wasn't downloading or opening any shady stuff lately, so most likely not malware either. Disk isn't full either.

Restarting the computer doesn't help. What could it be?

submitted by /u/gael_the_druid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gael_the_druid, May 23, 2020

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, May 23, 2020
  3. LemP Win User
    Virtual Memory / Pagefile Service does not exist in my Win 7 anymore.

You'll need to be more explicit.

Windows 7 does not have anything called "Virtual Memory Service" or "Pagefile Service" (or "Virtual Memory/Pagefile Service") -- what exactly do you think is missing and what is the basis for your conclusion?

What happens when you try to "set my pagefile"? If you get an error message, please provide the complete text.

Why are you attempting to adjust the pagefile in the first place? Windows 7 does a good job of handling the pagefile on its own.

Which edition of Windows 7 do you have -- Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, etc.?

How much physical RAM is installed in your computer?

4. Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full

Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10

Hi,
    Nice one Shawn
    What's the listing above about is that to help with the new fake shut down features ?

Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full [​IMG]

ThrashZone, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full

1. Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full - Similar Threads - Getting memory errors

2. Administor error even though I'm administor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administor error even though I'm administor?: Hello there, here's the problem. I want to install the driver for a graphics tablet. Unfortunately I always get an error message that an "administor blocked the app". The settings of the user account control are already adjusted downwards and the tip " Then open the path...
  3. Get Even Less Out Of Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Get Even Less Out Of Windows: I have a little render farm in my flat consisting of 6 headless Windows 10 boxes. Today I fired up the system and all machines were showing offline. One thing I hate is troubleshooting network issues... I went into each box with RDP and found every one was stopped at a...
  4. Hyper V can't allocate memory even though tons of memory are available...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper V can't allocate memory even though tons of memory are available...: Hello I stumbled upon a very frustrating issue where HyperV "Cant" allocate memory and I think a picture is worth a thousand words: [ATTACH] Could you kindly walk me through this absurd? Thank you...
  5. Getting out of memory errors in a lot of applications

Getting out of memory errors in a lot of applications: https://imgur.com/a/LZsrzY3 Hello, recently I've been having a lot of games and applications crash due to what seems like a lack of memory. This shouldn't be happening though, as I have 16 gigs of ram. On average I use about 7/16 gigs when browsing the internet, having...
  6. OneDrive keeps telling me my storage is full even though it's not.

OneDrive keeps telling me my storage is full even though it's not.: I have over 300gb of space, but it keeps telling me my storage is full. I think I even duplicated the file trying to save it elsewhere. submitted by /u/GQManOfTheYear [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows keeps shutting down even though battery is full

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows keeps shutting down even though battery is full: Hi, I have an Acer S7 with windows 10. Was working fine. But in last week, something changed, perhaps a windows update, and my laptop doesn't stay on without power plugged I'm even though the battery is full. I have since then did the usual battery reset, deleted battery...
  8. Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions: Hi guys! I have an external drive with a lot of files (about 2,000,000 files). For about 500 of them (which are all located in sub-folders of the same folder), Windows 10 says I don't have the permissions to access the files no matter which application I use to try to open...
  9. Screen times out even though it is set to never time out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen times out even though it is set to never time out: Split from this thread. I have exactly the same problem. It started for no apparent reason. I called Microsoft support and they reloaded Windows 10 but the problem still persists. The only time I do not have a problem is in Powerpoint slide presentation mode. If I have...
  10. Memory full warnings even though I have 6GB physical memory available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory full warnings even though I have 6GB physical memory available: I constantly get memory full warnings in Windows 10, but I don't use much memory at all. See attached photo. I'm so tired of this, is Windows really this horrible at managing memory? I have tried setting the page file to custom size 3000-5000MB (Recommended is 2931MB)....