Windows 10: Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full

Discus and support Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, RAM-hungry apps such as chrome or games often give me this error. Also, sometimes, everything in the computer begins to misbehave, freeze and crash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gael_the_druid, May 23, 2020.

1. Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full

So, RAM-hungry apps such as chrome or games often give me this error. Also, sometimes, everything in the computer begins to misbehave, freeze and crash as if there was really not enough memory, but it only shows like 18GB/46GB "Committed" in task manager. It just started today morning, wasn't happening previously. The computer was running all night and wasn't restarted. It's definitely not Windows Updates because I have them paused at the moment. Also wasn't downloading or opening any shady stuff lately, so most likely not malware either. Disk isn't full either.

Restarting the computer doesn't help. What could it be?

submitted by /u/gael_the_druid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gael_the_druid, May 23, 2020

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, May 23, 2020
  3. LemP Win User
    Virtual Memory / Pagefile Service does not exist in my Win 7 anymore.

You'll need to be more explicit.

Windows 7 does not have anything called "Virtual Memory Service" or "Pagefile Service" (or "Virtual Memory/Pagefile Service") -- what exactly do you think is missing and what is the basis for your conclusion?

What happens when you try to "set my pagefile"? If you get an error message, please provide the complete text.

Why are you attempting to adjust the pagefile in the first place? Windows 7 does a good job of handling the pagefile on its own.

Which edition of Windows 7 do you have -- Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, etc.?

How much physical RAM is installed in your computer?

4. Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full

Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10

Hi,
    Nice one Shawn
    What's the listing above about is that to help with the new fake shut down features ?

Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full [​IMG]

ThrashZone, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full

1. Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full - Similar Threads - Getting memory errors

2. getting no full screen notification even though everything is turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting no full screen notification even though everything is turned on: Hello,I have the same problem as many others. But, even though I've turned off the "turn on do not disturb automatically when using full screen mode", set the settings from the app I want to get notifications from to "work even during do not disturb" and so on, it still...
  3. getting no full screen notification even though everything is turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting no full screen notification even though everything is turned on: Hello,I have the same problem as many others. But, even though I've turned off the "turn on do not disturb automatically when using full screen mode", set the settings from the app I want to get notifications from to "work even during do not disturb" and so on, it still...
  4. MemTest64 causes error popups even though other memory tests don’t

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MemTest64 causes error popups even though other memory tests don’t: I’m using a G.Skill Flare X5 6000 CL36 with EXPO enabled. Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fpfDLs I ran MemTest64 with Task Manager and HWiNFO. Both TestMem5 and Task Manager crashed. I also got an error message later saying "MemTest64.exe - System Error: Exception...
  5. Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, all kinds of software start reporting "being out of memory" browser tabs crashing with the "out_of_memory" error code, programs reporting being unable to allocate more memory to debug outputs, etc.. Whenever I check task manager though,...
  6. Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, all kinds of software start reporting "being out of memory" browser tabs crashing with the "out_of_memory" error code, programs reporting being unable to allocate more memory to debug outputs, etc.. Whenever I check task manager though,...
  7. Out of memory error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Out of memory error: For a few weeks now I have been having problems when I open 3 or 4 programs simultaneously. The error indicated by the Brave, Edge and Chrome browsers is the same, Out of memory. Now I can't even open a game, I don't understand why this happens, since this error appears even...
  8. Out of memory error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Out of memory error: I keep running into an error which tells me that I'm out of memory, even if I'm only on a browser and nothing RAM exhausting (I have 16GB RAM). It even happens with pages sometimes, it just tells me out of RAM and the page won't load. Once even the entire Chrome closed with...
  9. Getting out of memory errors in a lot of applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting out of memory errors in a lot of applications: https://imgur.com/a/LZsrzY3 Hello, recently I've been having a lot of games and applications crash due to what seems like a lack of memory. This shouldn't be happening though, as I have 16 gigs of ram. On average I use about 7/16 gigs when browsing the internet, having...
  10. Memory full warnings even though I have 6GB physical memory available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory full warnings even though I have 6GB physical memory available: I constantly get memory full warnings in Windows 10, but I don't use much memory at all. See attached photo. I'm so tired of this, is Windows really this horrible at managing memory? I have tried setting the page file to custom size 3000-5000MB (Recommended is 2931MB)....