Windows 10: Getting out of memory errors in a lot of applications

Discus and support Getting out of memory errors in a lot of applications in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://imgur.com/a/LZsrzY3 Hello, recently I've been having a lot of games and applications crash due to what seems like a lack of memory. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dank_nTn, Jan 14, 2020 at 5:37 AM.

1. Getting out of memory errors in a lot of applications

https://imgur.com/a/LZsrzY3

Hello, recently I've been having a lot of games and applications crash due to what seems like a lack of memory. This shouldn't be happening though, as I have 16 gigs of ram. On average I use about 7/16 gigs when browsing the internet, having spotify open and such.

What I found odd is that my paging file is located on my data drive, which is an HDD. it's minimum allowed is 16mb and currently allocated is 49 gigs, which seems like a hell of a lot.

I've included a screenshot of my task manager where you can see how much is commited and such.

Any ideas? Thanks!

submitted by /u/Dank_nTn
    [link] [comments]

:)

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

3. Jan Del Win User
    Winlogon.exe Application error

Hi,

There are a lot of factors that could affect your computer performance ranging from memory storage to system conflicts. However, the error message that you are getting now is usually a result of a virus/malware infection or a damage file due to faulty hardware.
    We suggest checking this thread and follow the troubleshooting steps provided
    by Aileen Alf that resolved the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

4. Shiels.T Win User

Getting out of memory errors in a lot of applications

Windows 10 explorer.exe memory error on shutdown

Did all of that and did not work so far this has worked but not sure for how long?

I changed my virtual memory size from 16GB (16000) to 1.5 times the size to (24000)

So far the trick worked to correct the "explorer.exe-application" error

See the link for instructions.

Explorer.exe application error in Windows 10 [BEST SOLUTIONS]

Thema:

Getting out of memory errors in a lot of applications

1. Getting out of memory errors in a lot of applications - Similar Threads - Getting memory errors

2. Getting a lot of blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a lot of blue screens: For the past couple months, I've been getting a lot of blue screens with different codes (IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL being one of them.) My PC is custom built, here are the specs: OS: Windows 64bit CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 @ 3.20GHz (no overclock) RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX...
  3. I am getting a lot of 0x80090016 errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting a lot of 0x80090016 errors: I am having a lot of trouble downloading apps from the app store and a lot of other random commands that have to do with my Microsoft. I am really up set because I can't do anything but s.earch the web. Every time I try to down load a app from the app store I am getting a...
  4. softwaredistribution.bak folder takes a lot of memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    softwaredistribution.bak folder takes a lot of memory: The softwaredistribution.bak folder on Win 10 takes 11.2 gb of memory and the windows folder takes a whole of 34.2 gb. I have a 128 ssd and this is taking a lot of space, I don't think it should take this much space. I'm thinking of deleting the backup folder, is it alright?...
  5. Application Error : The instruction at 0x00000000786 referenced memory at 0x00000000777 The...

Application Error : The instruction at 0x00000000786 referenced memory at 0x00000000777 The...: [ATTACH] I have ask the same question but didn't get second reply which is totally disappointed. I am using numbers of windows systems (Windows 10 Pro : Version 1803 (OS build 17134.648)). No changes in system, except windows updates installation from last one year....
  6. Application Error : The instruction at xxxxxxxxxxx referenced memory at xxxxxxx The memory...

Application Error : The instruction at xxxxxxxxxxx referenced memory at xxxxxxx The memory...: [ATTACH] I am using numbers of windows systems and I am getting this error when jar (java) application is running on it. This error doesn't comes on regular basis but it comes randomly. Some time it occurs twice a week or sometime it doesn't occur in a week. I have...
  7. Out of memory problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Out of memory problems: I am again getting problems with my 4 GB Ram TabletPC which is being brought to a halt frequently by 'out of memory' problems. Mostly it happens when browsing, usually with Opera. Sometimes it occurs right at the start with only one tab in use when trying to play a YouTube...
  8. FSX out of memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX out of memory: Since upgrading to win 10 pro 64-bit, I now get OOM from FSX. My worst one is iFly 737. In win 7 I had no problems. I even started at a default airport with my ifly 737 and once in the air, headed out over the ocean. Using VAS monitor, the memory usage kept climbing till it...
  9. unknown "windows" software taking lots of memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    unknown "windows" software taking lots of memory: I tried google searching just the direct phrase of "system and compressed memory", but came up with nothing. I have never seen it before until recently, and it is using half a gig average. When I open file location, it does bring me to the windows folder, but it does not mean...
  10. Windows Defender and wsappx using lots of memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Defender and wsappx using lots of memory: This could be what is slowing my system down? [img] 55401