Windows 10: Getting out through my firewall?

Discus and support Getting out through my firewall? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am on a home network and receive wifi internet. I have a 2.4ghz-5ghz ip cam that has a hard time conncting 5ghz. I want to hook an old Linksys... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarkMcCune1, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Getting out through my firewall?

I am on a home network and receive wifi internet. I have a 2.4ghz-5ghz ip cam that has a hard time conncting 5ghz. I want to hook an old Linksys Wireless G broadband 2.4ghz router (mod. WRT54GS) to my computer to send the signal to my camera but I don't think it is getting through my firewall. Because I cant connect to 192.168.1.1 How do I let it? Thanks

:)

MarkMcCune1, Aug 6, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Aug 6, 2019
  3. firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Getting out through my firewall?

Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Getting out through my firewall?

1. Getting out through my firewall? - Similar Threads - Getting through firewall

2. Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.: I am trying to allow an app through my firewall but when I go to the settings the options are all grayed out and I can't figure out why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-through-firewall-is-grayed-out/d47ccb51-c94f-4218-9e7e-393ce15aa1ca
  3. Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.: I am trying to allow an app through my firewall but when I go to the settings the options are all grayed out and I can't figure out why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-through-firewall-is-grayed-out/d47ccb51-c94f-4218-9e7e-393ce15aa1ca
  4. Is an unsigned WindowsPackageManagerServer.exe safe to allow through my firewall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is an unsigned WindowsPackageManagerServer.exe safe to allow through my firewall?: Is an unsigned WindowsPackageManagerServer.exe safe to allow through my firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-an-unsigned-windowspackagemanagerserverexe-safe/323585cb-4bb7-41a2-8588-c36ebcfe6603
  5. Can't get Signal through Windows Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get Signal through Windows Firewall: When I install Signal for Desktop, it throws me an error that it can't connect to its servers. I found an Audit Failure event in Event Viewer for this app: "The Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a connection.". So then I went and allowed the application through Windows...
  6. add printer through Firewall

add printer through Firewall: Hello I want to add my brother printer to my windows 10. Every time I print I have to deactivate my firewall Can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-printer-through-firewall/2822c00a-2e84-4b3f-91ff-0e1bcd33e26a
  7. apps through firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps through firewall: please tell me is it safe to have all boxes checked , public and private apps that can communicate through firewalls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-through-firewall/2e837977-a4b0-4db9-9938-01f52f37d5cd
  8. Help: rule exists but the program doesn't get through the firewall

Help: rule exists but the program doesn't get through the firewall: Hi there, I'm trying to allow a program (Cinema 4D) through the firewall but no matter what I do the access to the Internet for this particular program it's always blocked. I'm using Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control (so far it worked fine with all the other software...
  9. Permission to communicate through firewall

Permission to communicate through firewall: How do you determine which App is legitimate communicating through the firewall (privately vs publicly). I notice some which concerns me greatly... a string of capital letters and numbers...
  10. allowing a webpage through firewall

allowing a webpage through firewall: I am trying to access a webpage and do not know how to allow it through either my Chrome firewall or my Bitdefender. Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings....