Windows 10: getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

Discus and support getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It is a completely fresh install on a completely wiped drive. I have gone through all steps I could find regarding this. Last I tried was messing with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Katerpie, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Katerpie Win User

getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

It is a completely fresh install on a completely wiped drive. I have gone through all steps I could find regarding this. Last I tried was messing with netplwiz and that process before I gave in and just started from fresh. only to have the same problem. The big issue is, I can open up Any web browser, and log into my microsoft account just fine, and am using that same account on other devices with no problems. I can make an entirely new account, which works just fine on that pc. But This account I cannot even log into.It was previously a windows 11 install on affected pc before I forma

:)

Katerpie, Feb 24, 2024
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 24, 2024
  3. Trying to switch to Microsoft account from local, unable to...

I tried that, more than once. I go thru the complete procedure of getting a new Microsoft account password, then when I reach the final step to key in the Windows password, I try my NEW Microsoft account password, and I get the same message-invalid password. No luck. Any other suggestions.

Charliedog, Feb 24, 2024
  4. Tariqfoa Win User

getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account

I have Windows 10 Pro since its release. Today, I decided to switch the email account for the computer administrator account. The following steps outline the sequence of events;

1. I logged in as a local account.
    2. Clicked on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
    3. Followed the steps prompted. I entered my email of choice and the corrected password, then verified through the authenticator app.
    4. I was asked to enter the password again, and now I am getting an error message that the password is incorrect
      but the password is correct 100%
    5. Researched possible solutions
      • Used the English (United States) keyboard
      • Used on-screen keyboard
      • Reverting to Windows 7 is not possible as I never had it on my laptop
      • Reset my password
        • Nth worked
    Please help me sign to my email account on this computer as an administrator

Tariqfoa, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

1. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account. - Similar Threads - getting password incorrect

2. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.: It is a completely fresh install on a completely wiped drive. I have gone through all steps I could find regarding this. Last I tried was messing with netplwiz and that process before I gave in and just started from fresh. only to have the same problem. The big issue is, I...
  3. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.: It is a completely fresh install on a completely wiped drive. I have gone through all steps I could find regarding this. Last I tried was messing with netplwiz and that process before I gave in and just started from fresh. only to have the same problem. The big issue is, I...
  4. "Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect: I tried to to sign in to microsoft account instead from my local account, but the password that I was sure of was correct is incorrect. It works on apps and websites because of my PIN, but it does not recognize my password. Any idea how to fix this?...
  5. "Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect

"Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect: I tried to to sign in to microsoft account instead from my local account, but the password that I was sure of was correct is incorrect. It works on apps and websites because of my PIN, but it does not recognize my password. Any idea how to fix this?...
  6. Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings

Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings: I am running on Windows 10 Pro and I want to log in to my Microsoft account from the Windows settings by clicking Sign In on the profile at the top of the settings. I manage to connect with my password but then the following message shows up :"Next time you sign in to this...
  7. Tried logging into outlook account but password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried logging into outlook account but password is incorrect: Hi, I am having problems with my laptop. A problem happened and it keeps going into automatic repair mode and so I'm trying to do a start up repair.The problem:My password won't work no matter how many times I have tried it. I also changed it too and it still says "The...
  8. Tried logging into outlook account but password is incorrect

Tried logging into outlook account but password is incorrect: Hi, I am having problems with my laptop. A problem happened and it keeps going into automatic repair mode and so I'm trying to do a start up repair.The problem:My password won't work no matter how many times I have tried it. I also changed it too and it still says "The...
  9. Tried logging into outlook account but password is incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Can't log in with my Microsoft account instead of local - asking for local password can't...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in with my Microsoft account instead of local - asking for local password can't...: Hi, Is there anyone who knows how to bypass or reset local Windows 10 password using my current PIN? I'm trying to use my Microsoft account instead of my local account but it's asking for my local password not my PIN to proceed. I can't remember my local password as...