Windows 10: Getting "Performing a TLS handshake to" message when trying to connect

Discus and support Getting "Performing a TLS handshake to" message when trying to connect in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi everyone: I tried this on Chrome and Firefox. Here's the FF result. Since about a few days ago, I'm trying to connect to this small local bank's... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ahmd, Jul 7, 2018.

1. ahmd Win User

Getting "Performing a TLS handshake to" message when trying to connect

Hi everyone:

I tried this on Chrome and Firefox. Here's the FF result. Since about a few days ago, I'm trying to connect to this small local bank's website. But it hangs up on this message:

Code: Performing a TLS handshake to <website>[/quote] Here's the screenshots:

Getting "Performing a TLS handshake to" message when trying to connect [​IMG]

and at the bottom:

It sits like this for about a minute and then displays "Secure Connection Failed":

So what is going on?

PS. I can use the internet and pull up any other site just fine. Moreover, if I go to that site using my smartphone (that's on AT&T cellular internet) it comes up without a problem. Additionally, when I went to that bank in person, I asked a teller lady and she looked quite puzzled by it. She tried it on her screen and it came right up. It's something on my end that started happening about a week ago.

:)

ahmd, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Gilbeh Win User

Intermittent problems with TLS handshake and being timed out

Hi

I have a new Dell laptop running Windows 10 and Kaspersky.

When using MS Edge for Internet banking, I can sometimes connect straight through security and right through to statements. Other times I get the error code INET E CONNECTION TIMEOUT very quickly. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason when this will happen or how far into the bank site I get.

Using Mozilla Firefox, I get the same intermittent problem but this time it gets stuck on TLS handshake and just goes round and round.

I have just been successful in getting right through to statements at Lloyds on both browsers and have also ordered an item online successfully. So, I tried Halifax - no joy, now I get the error message or TLS handshake and on Firefox I can't even get Google, as it sticks on handshake for that site too.

All the rest of the computer is fine and I can run BBC I-player OK.

Any suggestions as to how to cure this would be welcome as it is very frustrating.

Thanks.

Gilbeh, Jul 7, 2018
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Getting "Performing a TLS handshake to" message when trying to connect

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

I run Webmin on my local LAN.
    Firefox opens and runs this without any problem.
    When I try Webmin to open with Microsoft Edge I get the fommowing error:

Can’t connect securely to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

Your TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults, which could also be causing this error.

Can anyone help me find a setting where I can set, as suggested in the error message, the TLS security settings to the defaults?

aliskander, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Getting "Performing a TLS handshake to" message when trying to connect

1. Getting "Performing a TLS handshake to" message when trying to connect - Similar Threads - Getting Performing TLS

2. SSL handshake failed when trying to update Bodno software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSL handshake failed when trying to update Bodno software: SSL handshake failed when trying to update Bodno software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssl-handshake-failed-when-trying-to-update-bodno/602a5ca1-c6c0-42fc-915a-0edc59a1c79a
  3. SSL handshake failed when trying to update Bodno software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSL handshake failed when trying to update Bodno software: SSL handshake failed when trying to update Bodno software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssl-handshake-failed-when-trying-to-update-bodno/602a5ca1-c6c0-42fc-915a-0edc59a1c79a
  4. SSL handshake failed when trying to update Bodno software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...: Hello,When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for setting up an encrypted channel of communication between a client and server disabled?We still need TLS 1.1, so when it will be disabled? By a Microsoft patch? And how could we...
  6. When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...: Hello,When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for setting up an encrypted channel of communication between a client and server disabled?We still need TLS 1.1, so when it will be disabled? By a Microsoft patch? And how could we...
  7. getting error message when trying to install in virtual box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting error message when trying to install in virtual box: getting error message when trying to install in virtual box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-message-when-trying-to-install-in/7f420a85-829e-4eac-8188-708a29960297
  8. getting error message when trying to install in virtual box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    getting error message when trying to install in virtual box: getting error message when trying to install in virtual box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-message-when-trying-to-install-in/7f420a85-829e-4eac-8188-708a29960297
  9. TLS handshake with apod.nasa.gov fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TLS handshake with apod.nasa.gov fails: When I input the URL apod.nasa.gov into any Web browser on my Win 10 1903 Ethernet/fiber-connected tower, the status line says it's doing a TLS handshake with the site, but just sits there, and never connects, eventually giving the error "Problem loading page. Secure...
  10. Intermittent problems with TLS handshake and being timed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent problems with TLS handshake and being timed out: Hi I have a new Dell laptop running Windows 10 and Kaspersky. When using MS Edge for Internet banking, I can sometimes connect straight through security and right through to statements. Other times I get the error code INET E CONNECTION TIMEOUT very quickly. There seems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. performing a tls handshake

2. performing a tls handshake to

3. performing tls handshake windows 10

4. perfoming a tls handshake,
  5. tls handshake timeout zoom.us,
  6. att email error performing tls handshake,
  7. error message: performing TLS handshake,
  8. performing handshake with,
  9. performing a tls handshake hangs,
  10. performing TLS,
  11. attempting tls handshake but no internet,