Windows 10: getting peripheral CD/DVD players to work with Windows 10 on a machine that doesn't have a...

Discus and support getting peripheral CD/DVD players to work with Windows 10 on a machine that doesn't have a... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My question is how to get a Rioddas DVD/CD player to work with my machine that doesn't have a built in DVD player. I've tried most of the apps but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tom. XP, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Tom. XP Win User

getting peripheral CD/DVD players to work with Windows 10 on a machine that doesn't have a...

My question is how to get a Rioddas DVD/CD player to work with my machine that doesn't have a built in DVD player. I've tried most of the apps but nothing seems to work.

:)

Tom. XP, Aug 22, 2019
  2. Ivann1938 Win User

DVD/CD Player not working

I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been into Device Manager and uninstalled and reinstalled both the DVD player and the associated controller without success. The DVD player appears to be working OK ( I can hear it working and the small power light comes on ) but for some reason the system does not recognise it . I am reluctant to get involved in registry changes ( suggested as a possible source of the problem ) as I am not too computer savvy.

Ivann1938, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Johni2 Win User
    CD/DVD Player not working

The CD/DVD player on my desktop pc, has become very unreliable, since updating to windows 10

Problem:

With a CD/DVD inserted into the player .

• 1% of the time it works correctly and play a CD without any problems.

• 99% of the time it does not acknowledge the disk, a green light flashes 6 or 7 times and then goes back to do nothing mode.

• If I try to start the CD directly in windows explorer, a dialog box appears instructing me to insert a disk. I know these disks to be working.

Troubleshooting carried out

• The device manager reports the device is working properly.
    • Checked the drivers are up-to date,
    • Uninstalled the drivers
    • Scanned for hardware changes
    • Uninstalled the hardware
    • Rebooted several times
    • Scanned with DeviceDiagnostic Troubleshooting Pack Cabinet (.diagcab)
    • Checked all the cable connections
    • Did a control panel troubleshoot and Reconfigure hardware (cd player worked when I did a restart, but only the once and then continued the error)

Johni2, Aug 22, 2019
  4. getting peripheral CD/DVD players to work with Windows 10 on a machine that doesn't have a...

Issues with playing cd and dvds through Windows DVD Player on Windows 10.

Hi Cang,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with .Windows 10.

This issue might occur if DVD player is not installed properly.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Which type of DVDs have you tried to run through DVD player app?
    • Are you facing issue through both CDs and DVDs?

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the DVD player app on the computer.

Please get back to us with an update on using DVD player app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

getting peripheral CD/DVD players to work with Windows 10 on a machine that doesn't have a...

1. getting peripheral CD/DVD players to work with Windows 10 on a machine that doesn't have a... - Similar Threads - getting peripheral DVD

2. CD/DVD player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD player: I've plugged my external cd/dvd player in, and I can see it under this PC, but it wont load the disc to play. When the disc is partially in the player, I can use the eject button to eject the disc....
  3. cd dvd players

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd dvd players: All 3 of my Dell computers Windows 10, latest updates installed} freeze up when trying to read DVD+rw discs. When I click on a file on ANY disc,tried many discs the computers just lock up, D drive is deleted, and I have to do a reboot to get them started again. Tried...
  4. CD/DVD player will not work

CD/DVD player will not work: Has there been an update to fix the issue with the CD/DVD players not working after the change to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-player-will-not-work/8583962c-d624-4909-9590-8028aa769419
  5. DVD/CD player not working

DVD/CD player not working: There is some kind of glitch with my windows media player on my windows 10, possibly the last up date? At first a few DVDs did play automatically but now nothing will play. There is no way to prompt the media player to play a CD or DVD! And even my other DVD player VLC will...
  6. Windows 10 - cd/dvd player will not work

Windows 10 - cd/dvd player will not work: Windows 10 - cd/dvd player will not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cddvd-player-will-not-work/eef6c511-259d-4a78-80dc-39728d21289a
  7. DVD/CD player

DVD/CD player: I need help. My DVD/CD player is not working on my HP laptop. It just whirs around but never opens. I did play a music video not long ago and it worked great but now the CD does not work. I really would like to get the CD pictures off it....
  8. dvd/cd Player not working

dvd/cd Player not working: hi since windows 10 upgrade I am unable to play CDs on my laptop or DVDs DVD/CD player will not open to play , I have checked bios, reloaded drivers ect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-player-not-working/bdc8115e-a5f3-41f3-8095-a35a335422dc
  9. DVD/CD player with Windows 10?

DVD/CD player with Windows 10?: How do I work the DVD/CD player after I downloaded Windows 10? I manage a Computer Center for Seniors and since we updated a couple of the desktops to Window 10, we can no longer use the DVD/CD players. Suggestions? and thanks....
  10. DVD/CD Player not working

DVD/CD Player not working: I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been into Device Manager and uninstalled and reinstalled both the DVD player and the associated controller without success. The DVD...