Windows 10: Getting persistent echo sound on Windows 10.

Discus and support Getting persistent echo sound on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI, I have a new Dell Inspiron 5770, with a Realtek audio card and I'm having issues with the sound. When I play any audio source at all through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnAllison3, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Getting persistent echo sound on Windows 10.

HI,

I have a new Dell Inspiron 5770, with a Realtek audio card and I'm having issues with the sound. When I play any audio source at all through the speakers, I get a persistent echo, as if the same audio is playing a fraction of a millisecond after the other. This happens irrespective of the audio source. This all happened shortly after I tried to get an old Yamaha electric piano to work via a midi interface with Studio One music software (I couldn't get it to work, but eventually managed to get a midi input from the piano into NCH mixpad midi software). And now, even though the piano and the midi cable are disconnected from my laptop, I'm left with this annoying echo all the time. Even when there is no audio playing, for example when I'm typing in a word processing package, I can still hear a faint intermittent and periodic fizz and crackle from the speakers.

When I delve deep into the system menus, in the Device Manager menu, under Audio inputs and outputs, I see that there are seven items listed, three of which have icons which are fully visible compared with the other four which are more 'greyed out' that the others.

The Audio Inputs list is as follows:

Microphone (Realtek audio)

Microphone (Realtek audio) - this icon is partly greyed out

Microphone (2 - high definition audio device) - this icon is partly greyed out

Speakers / Headphones (Realtek audio)

Speakers / Headphones (Realtek audio) - this icon is partly greyed out

Speakers (2 High definition audio device) - this icon is partly greyed out

Stereo mix (Realtek audio)

For all the greyed out entries, when I go to properties for each of them, I get a Code 45 - not connected to the computer - message.

I initially assumed that there has been some sort of duplication at work here, and that if I uninstalled one of the greyed out icons, this would solve the echo problems. But when I attempt to do so, I am given a warning that I will be deleting it completely from my system. I am afraid that if I go beyond this point and continue the uninstallation, I will be left with no sound whatsoever.

How should I proceed?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

John Allison

**Original Title**

Audio Drivers

:)

JohnAllison3, Jun 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 Sound is Echoing?!

Hi Savannah,

• What is the make and model of your Computer?
    • Are you using any external audio devices?

This issue could have happened due to any corrupted or outdated drivers.

As an initial step, let's Install all the pending updates on your computer and check if the issue still persist; Follow the below steps to check for pending updates.

• Click on Update & security, then click on
      Windows Update.

• Select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.
    • Press Windows key+ I to open the
      Settings.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to refer to the below link and try all the troubleshooting steps provided.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...67a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the issue will get resolved.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Echo sound effect since last update.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Audio Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your
    sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1:
    Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following
    the instructions given in the website.

Step 3:

Test the sound from Control Panel.

1. Here’s how: Right-click on sound icon in the taskbar and select Recording Devices“”.

2. Select “Playback”.

3. Go to “Configure” Tab and click on Test. Is there any echo?

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Getting persistent echo sound on Windows 10.

Sound echo from Microphone on Windows 10.

Hi Aiden,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you face issues with sound echo from Microphone on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

• Is this issue occurs with any particular application?

This issue might occur, when some of the settings got corrupted or audio drivers are not updated.

Please refer to the article, created by Deepika Gowda, replied on October 8, 2015, to fix your issue with sound echo from Microphone on Windows 10.

Problems with the microphone

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Getting persistent echo sound on Windows 10.

1. Getting persistent echo sound on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Getting persistent echo

2. Echoing sound with headphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Echoing sound with headphone mic: Hi. Does anyone know how to stop the sound from being tinny and echoing when recording using the camera app and a headphone mic set? I don't really understand what the sound settings do, so I might have set them wrong....
  3. Sound echo after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound echo after Windows update: I have a HP spectre x360 ae13 computer running windows 10. After doing an update 2020-01 Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems KB4497165 and feature update 1909 on Tuesday 26th the internal speaker on my laptop echos all sounds. This computer uses Realtek...
  4. Siren Sound and Voice Echo Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Siren Sound and Voice Echo Windows 10: Hello. I was wondering what could possibly be causing my computer to make a loud siren noise and echo my voice when I talk. This has been going on for about a month now, and it's been happening at random times. I've read about the sirens fans, CPU, etc. but I haven't heard...
  5. echo sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    echo sound: Why dose the sound on my new dell G7 17 laptop have an echo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/echo-sound/cd7930b9-e7ab-4e02-9a4e-682ac6644349
  6. STOP ECHO SOUNDS!

STOP ECHO SOUNDS!: ECHO SOUNDS IN WINDOWS 10 HOW CAN BE STOPPED? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-echo-sounds/cf75ad51-19c2-49c0-916d-c78ec6dadcb1
  7. Windows 10 sound buzzing problem persists

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 sound buzzing problem persists: Hi There I am having trouble with my windows 10 audio. When the system sleep and reopen, there is constant buzzing sound in any audio outputs (headphones, build-in speakers etc. ). I suspect there is a driver problem so I went to sound setting and check for sound driver...
  8. echo sound

echo sound: My laptop has distorted sound and an echo, iv'e tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers witch has made enhancement tab disappear but i did try turning them off before drivers and it did not help....
  9. sound echo

sound echo: my laptop is replaying every sound around it as an echo, even with no mics or headphones attached, I tried and disabled my laptop mice and it stopped the echo , then I tried to disable speakers, and that stopped the echo too, but I need them both to work, what to do? I have...
  10. Sound Echo using windows10

Sound Echo using windows10: I'm using windows 10. I don't know how to fix the echo/noise in my laptop, when I unplug the microphone, there is this irritating noise and there is also a time that noise occurs even plugging the microphone. In the sound setting,there is no equilizer/echo etc unlike when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. persistent fizz and crackle sound from the speakers