Windows 10: Getting phone calls saying MicroSoft is going out of business

Discus and support Getting phone calls saying MicroSoft is going out of business in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Over several months now I have been getting calls from a machine that MicroSoft is going out of business and that I Should call their # to claim my"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SusanRadley, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Getting phone calls saying MicroSoft is going out of business

Over several months now I have been getting calls from a machine that MicroSoft is going out of business and that I Should call their # to claim my" MicroSoft Rebate". So far, I haven't returned any of these calls, I just let my answering machine take them. Also they have used different phone #'s from time to time, but the message is always the same. Should I be worried?

:)

SusanRadley, Dec 11, 2018
  2. ste2425 Win User

Another phone call scam pretending to be Microsoft

A thread was posted on another forum I frequent about a phone call scam where they claim to be Microsoft and ask you install some things to repair the security breach they've detected.

Thought id post the number used here to make you guys n gals aware in case you get a phone call.

number is : 0203 286 9239
    Apparently the lad who started the thread Googled it and its a 'Cost Trap'.

Thread is here (I realise it's against the rules but due to its nature thought it might be helpful. Pm me if not and ill remove it.) :

Just had a phone call....... - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

So yea, Heads up.

Shame we don't have some form of list of all these numbers, I bet people on here get it quite often.

ste2425, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows Phone apps Skype for Business, Teams, and Yammer discontinued

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...s-and-yammer-a

Brink, Dec 11, 2018
  4. Whelan189 Win User

Getting phone calls saying MicroSoft is going out of business

Skype For business sends call to my computer not my phone (both Open)

We use Skype for business here for instant chat and I use mine for phone calls, however when someone calls me to more often then not sends the request on my laptop and get no option on my phone to pickup the call, sometimes it will come up on my phone but most the time just a prompt on my laptop.

might be wrong forum to ask but hoping someone might know Getting phone calls saying MicroSoft is going out of business :)

Whelan189, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

Getting phone calls saying MicroSoft is going out of business

1. Getting phone calls saying MicroSoft is going out of business - Similar Threads - Getting phone calls

2. Phone call by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone call by Microsoft: Hello,Yesterday I received a phone call from the UK. Didn’t answer and a minute later I received another phone call from a local number.The person, identified as Miller, said that he was a microsoft technician and asked me to write down a special code. That code was the proof...
  3. Phone call by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone call by Microsoft: Hello,Yesterday I received a phone call from the UK. Didn’t answer and a minute later I received another phone call from a local number.The person, identified as Miller, said that he was a microsoft technician and asked me to write down a special code. That code was the proof...
  4. Phone call by Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Locked Out Voice saying to call Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked Out Voice saying to call Microsoft: My mothers computer locked up and it is blasting a message saying that her IP address was used without her knowledge to access sites with identity theft or something like that. It says do not turn off your computer and please call Microsoft support and it gives a number. I’m...
  6. Locked Out Voice saying to call Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked Out Voice saying to call Microsoft: My mothers computer locked up and it is blasting a message saying that her IP address was used without her knowledge to access sites with identity theft or something like that. It says do not turn off your computer and please call Microsoft support and it gives a number. I’m...
  7. Locked Out Voice saying to call Microsoft

8. Is Windows going out of business?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Windows going out of business?: Is Windows going out of business? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-going-out-of-business/cf77f35c-7505-456c-9e64-711f33474ecb
  9. Microsoft Phone Call

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Phone Call: I have had 3 calls this morning on a recorded voice that my microsoft license will be locked in the next 24 hours. When I press 1 as indicated the call hangs up. Is this truly a microsoft call?...
  10. Microsoft phone call?

Microsoft phone call?: So I got a call from some guy with a thick accent that I could hardly understand today. As near as I could figure he was calling from Microsoft about some sort of security violation and he wanted me to go to some website that would allow him to remotely access my computer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows going out of business

2. is there a scam saying windows seruity is going out of business

3. call from windows indicating that security is out of business - is this a fraud

4. microsoft going out of business,
  5. miccrosoft out of business phone calls,
  6. phone call from computer company going out of business,
  7. phone call Microsoft has gone out of business,
  8. microsoft is going out of business phone calls,
  9. scam that windows is going out of business,
  10. windows out of business calls