Windows 10: Getting pop up message about Microsoft Security

Discus and support Getting pop up message about Microsoft Security in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Keep getting the pop up message from Windows Security need to enter name and password to download a file from a web site that I have an account with.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lip505, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Lip505 Win User

Getting pop up message about Microsoft Security

Keep getting the pop up message from Windows Security need to enter name and password to download a file from a web site that I have an account with. The message specified a specific web address for the download. Put in the correct info and then get message that "Access to the resource denied. If you have signed into and saved your Microsoft account with a web site, sign out of that web site and try this operation again." Have logged out of the site referenced in the request for name and password. Didn't work. Logged out of my Microsoft account, didn't work. Even tried logging into the w

:)

Lip505, Jan 15, 2022
  2. Sharief K Win User

Pop up blocked message in Microsoft Edge

Hi Michael,

• When do you get the message?
    • Does it happens with any specific website?

To enable and disable the popup blocker, follow these steps:

• Click the "..." button in the upper right-hand corner to access the Microsoft Edge menu.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on View Advanced settings.
    • Block up Pop ups. From here you can turn off or on the pop up blocker.

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Jan 15, 2022
  3. security and pop ups

Hi Robie,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I apologize for the inconvenience.

- Do you get any error message, if yes what is the exact error message?

- When you say "blocked my security from McAfee ", what exactly happens?

- When exactly are you get the Pop ups?

Please let us know the update that has been installed before this issue.

To see which Windows updates are installed

Follow these steps to see which Windows updates are installed on your computer.

• Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type
      Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

• In the left pane, click View update history.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Jan 15, 2022
  4. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Getting pop up message about Microsoft Security - Similar Threads - Getting pop message

2. Pop up message from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop up message from Microsoft: I'm getting small pop up notice from Microsoft Solitaire while I'm working on other programs. How can I stop this? It's not a paid advertisement. It's pop up window for Microsoft....
  3. Pop up message from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop up message from Microsoft: I'm getting small pop up notice from Microsoft Solitaire while I'm working on other programs. How can I stop this? It's not a paid advertisement. It's pop up window for Microsoft....
  4. Getting pop up message about Microsoft Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting pop up message about Microsoft Security: Keep getting the pop up message from Windows Security need to enter name and password to download a file from a web site that I have an account with. The message specified a specific web address for the download. Put in the correct info and then get message that "Access to...
  5. Getting pop up message about Microsoft Security

Getting pop up message about Microsoft Security: Keep getting the pop up message from Windows Security need to enter name and password to download a file from a web site that I have an account with. The message specified a specific web address for the download. Put in the correct info and then get message that "Access to...
  6. pop up message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pop up message: I keep getting the message "New content is available. Please refresh web page" How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-message/ae61184e-5313-4c23-b49d-02c845cf5f9b
  7. pop up message

pop up message: I keep getting the message "New content is available. Please refresh web page" How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-message/ae61184e-5313-4c23-b49d-02c845cf5f9b
  8. Message pops ups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message pops ups: A message pops up every time I start my computer. The message being the following ''Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PortraitDisplays.HPDisplayControl_4.6.44.0_x64_2dg...\Startup Task.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.''...
  9. POP up message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    POP up message: why do I keep getting the following message? C:\Windows\Systems32\cmd.exe with a black box screen in the background what can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-message/4da6dc13-7dc6-44bd-91d7-f9d1816e05e2
  10. cmd window popping up with a message about BITSAdmin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cmd window popping up with a message about BITSAdmin: Hi I recently got a new laptop and I think I might have downloaded a virus or spyware while downloading something else. The command prompt window randomly pops up and disappears within a split second. It doesn't seem to do anything when I'm in the desktop mode, but when I...