Windows 10: Getting Random Crashes

Discus and support Getting Random Crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my main issue I am having right now is that my computer is crashing and I can't figure out how to fix it. I have been monitoring the temperature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndyGavoutian, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Getting Random Crashes

Hello, my main issue I am having right now is that my computer is crashing and I can't figure out how to fix it. I have been monitoring the temperature for a few of the crashes and ruled out that anything is over heating. The latest crash gave this in the reliability report:

Event 1002, Application Hang

The program mmc.exe version 10.0.17134.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 5a8

Start Time: 01d4bb79bc480cc3

Termination Time: 9

Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\mmc.exe

Report Id: 1a74ac82-0afa-4d39-850b-cf7aaa540e04

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

If anyone can give any suggestions on how to fix this, I'm all ears. Thanks!

P.S. I am not that computer savvy so anything I have done is just trying to google search and see what people with similar problems have done.

:)

AndyGavoutian, Feb 3, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 3, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. vinsterX Win User

Getting Random Crashes

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Getting Random Crashes

1. Getting Random Crashes - Similar Threads - Getting Random Crashes

2. Random crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes: Recently my PC has been crashing randomly. It starts with a screen hang while the cpu fan is still running. After 1-2 minutes, it restarts. Sometimes i even force restart it . Not sure why this is happening. I went to the reliability history and these are all the crashes.Hope...
  3. random crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random crashes: recently did a fresh install of windows 11 since upgrading some parts but when i ran sfc /scannow it had some corrupt files and wanted someone to look over the cbs and tell me whats wrong, also how do i send the log i can only put hyperlinks or pictures it wont let me attach...
  4. Random Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Crashes: Hi,I'm getting random crashes when ever I played Video Games and I already posted a thread here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gettin-random-bluescreens-not-sure-why/a3cb22df-290d-4122-b064-00bdaeb9ef52 the other day which determined that it was a...
  5. Random Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes: Hi,I'm getting random crashes when ever I played Video Games and I already posted a thread here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gettin-random-bluescreens-not-sure-why/a3cb22df-290d-4122-b064-00bdaeb9ef52 the other day which determined that it was a...
  6. Random crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random crashes: I have been having periodic random crashes on my PC, with no particular trigger. They have been showing as bugcheck code 159. I've tried using winDbg but I haven't been able to figure out the cause. I've updated my BIOS, chipset, all drivers and reinstalled windows to no...
  7. Random Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes: Hi there, I have recently run into an issue where my computer freezes but does not shut off and cannot be used unless I manually restart it with the power button. This issue does not occur when the system is underload and I have 0 performance issues when gaming. It only seems...
  8. Random crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes: My PC randomly when playing games will crash and i will be able to hear a buzzing sound coming through my headphones. I also have a problem where my HDD is under 100% load after booting the PC for around 5 minutes due to services such as Antimalware Service Executable,...
  9. Random Crashes

Random Crashes: When im using my computer it randomly crashes. I could be playing or just watching a video and crash everything. I sometimes get the blue screen of death and other times my screen goes black. It's very frustrating because i cant do my office work without the worry losing my...
  10. Random crashing

Random crashing: Hi, I have been getting random crashes starting about 2-3 weeks ago.This is when I am playing games, both screens crash, but the system does seem to still be working.I need to reset to beable to get the screens up .From what I could see it was LightingServices which I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4489868 game crash