Windows 10: Getting reeeeaaaally tired of this - Windows stuck on dots (Again)

Discus and support Getting reeeeaaaally tired of this - Windows stuck on dots (Again) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Windows has always been each times more creative/random to freeze/bug. The specific computer i work on had got around 5 problems since 2018,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Robinspinard, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Getting reeeeaaaally tired of this - Windows stuck on dots (Again)

Hello,

Windows has always been each times more creative/random to freeze/bug.
    The specific computer i work on had got around 5 problems since 2018, and this one is depressing. Since EACH UPDATE, I had to repair the computer, I disabled Windows Update once and for all, because it kept restarting itself without my consent.
    (Considering WuAuServ drains 90% HDD resources, RAM and destroys the computer at each times it could, I had to stop this slaughter.)
    Now I went through the millionth topic, where a Microsoft Tech support gives the standard useless answer that works 10% of the case, and locks it as if it were solved.

Among many topics, I think that disabling Windows Update is blocking Windows boot, because it seems you can't decide when you want to settle on a stable release for a fragile system. Even when you paid a hundred euros for it

So far I tried:

- Standard boot procedure : Freezes on loading dots and black screen.
    - Removing all USB dongles, booting : Same.
    - Booting in Safe mode : Not possible because F8 Safemode isnt a thing anymore. As if it could have been useful, you guys disabled it. I'm not even impressed anymore at this point.
    - Creating a USB Repair tool : Freezes on loading dots and black screen. Tried on other computers, it worked. So it's not boot sequence nor USB failure.

So I am really getting tired of these trivial problems that makes people lose more time than ever.

:)

Robinspinard, Jul 22, 2018

2. Login from lock screen stuck on circular rotating dots

The following happens intermittently:

• I'm working and use the Windows+L key combination to lock my screen to leave for a period (can be short or long).
    • I return and use Ctrl+Alt+Del to log back in.
    • I get a blue screen with a small circle of spinning dots, which goes on indefinitely.
    • I have to hard boot my laptop by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds.
    This started happening only after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. This appears to be a common problem with Windows 10:

I've tried most of the suggestions from these an other sources, but nothing has solved this issue -- which is very disruptive to productivity and seems to be specific to Windows 10. Please reply with only real solutions.

teancum144, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Xela9000 Win User
    Anniversary update stuck on spinning dots

I cannot install the anniversary update on my desktop. It shows a never ending spinning dots after rebooting during the update. I was waiting overnight with no progress. Hard drive stays idle. It behaves the same when Windows updates automatically or when
    I run the update from a USB drive created with media creation tool. As suggested somewhere here, I uninstalled Norton antivirus, made sure Microsoft Defender and firewall were disabled, unpugged a network cable, disabled the network card in BIOS and did a
    clean boot (disabled all non-Microsoft services) before running the update. Still, update gets stuck at the same point.

I uploaded pictures of the screen for three steps the update comes through (stuck on the third step) as well as System Information to OneDrive. The link is Windows10_anniversary_update

Can someone please help me to perform the update?

Xela9000, Jul 22, 2018
  4. huiwang1 Win User

Getting reeeeaaaally tired of this - Windows stuck on dots (Again)

Windows 10 Update dot's never end moving ( Stuck )

I tried this suggestions and I'm still stuck with the never ending dots in windows update.

Getting reeeeaaaally tired of this - Windows stuck on dots (Again) c9059a8f-6437-4da6-9513-bd6d8dd444c1.gif

huiwang1, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Getting reeeeaaaally tired of this - Windows stuck on dots (Again)

1. Getting reeeeaaaally tired of this - Windows stuck on dots (Again) - Similar Threads - Getting reeeeaaaally tired

2. Getting so tired of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting so tired of windows: I'm pissed. I've declined windows 11 several times. I just turned on my computer and it upgraded to windows 11 anyways. Without my permission. Your article says, "not a big deal." Well, to me it is a big deal. Plus you know darn well that most of these updates are Microsoft...
  3. Getting so tired of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting so tired of windows: I'm pissed. I've declined windows 11 several times. I just turned on my computer and it upgraded to windows 11 anyways. Without my permission. Your article says, "not a big deal." Well, to me it is a big deal. Plus you know darn well that most of these updates are Microsoft...
  4. Windows stuck on spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on spinning dots: Hi, I i have a desktop, which has been running Windows 10, updated from Windows 7. Yesterday when I tried to start it up, it got stuck at the black screen with the Asus logo and black spinning usually, but now frozen dots. In the past it has occasionally been slow at this...
  5. Windows 10 gets stuck on loading dots.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 gets stuck on loading dots.: Story time. A couple of days ago my friend gave me a hard drive since I had mentioned that I dont have much space. Before this, I had two drives: an ssd, and a hard drive. The SSD contains Windows 10 OS and some files and the HDD contains most other files. I connected this...
  6. Computer crashed again really tired of it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashed again really tired of it: BSOD really tired of this crap just let me know what it is. Updated bios and drivers and I'm still not sure what the issue is. also not sure if the dump file is uploading https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aiv6T9qpPR6GgYxxQ_NQ9-uQHaKeJw?e=7GmFp7...
  7. Games getting stuck again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games getting stuck again and again: My settings are all at low, and my games run at 30fps and im ok with that, but every 2 mins, fps drops to 5-10 for a solid minute, before going back upto 30. ive checked and my processor and graphics are at like 70-80 and 80% respectively..so its not throttling, help 143717
  8. Games getting stuck again and again

in Windows 10 Support
    Games getting stuck again and again: My settings are all at low, and my games run at 30fps and im ok with that, but every 2 mins, fps drops to 5-10 for a solid minute, before going back upto 30. ive checked and my processor and graphics are at like 70-80 and 80% respectively..so its not throttling, help 143717
  9. Stuck at Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at Spinning Dots: I have a Dell Precision 7910 on windows 10 1803. I updated a couple weeks ago through windows update. I have booted the machine several times since updating. A few days ago I update the NVIDIA driver. I have dual K620 cards. Booted a couple of times sine that update. Today...
  10. Stuck at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at spinning dots: Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...