Windows 10: Getting regular BSOD's playing games, tried almost everything

Discus and support Getting regular BSOD's playing games, tried almost everything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Not sure where to begin, recently I have been experiencing Blue Screens and the cause appeared to be ntoskrnl.exe giving the error. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Moonky, May 7, 2016.

1. Moonky Win User

Getting regular BSOD's playing games, tried almost everything

Not sure where to begin, recently I have been experiencing Blue Screens and the cause appeared to be ntoskrnl.exe giving the error. I have tried updating all the drivers and even checking RAM but so far nothing seems to help, I removed a few dud drivers (AsUpIo.sys and AsIO.sys) which seemed to help but now it's still doing it.

I also tried several Nvidia drivers which seemed to help at first but now it seems to happen more frequently.

Really not sure what's causing the error now, short of reinstalling Windows 10 (which I'd want to avoid if possible) there isn't much else I can do *Sad

:)

Moonky, May 7, 2016
  2. 東鎮 Win User

Bsod problem

Bsod problem
    Since I turn on my pc and just for Internet , YouTube , that's was no problem , after I start to play steam's games , almost 20-30 mins it's will automatic get a bsod , ok reboot for me and then the funny thing is after the bsod I continue to play my games
    but won't get any bsod problem again at that day , until tomorrow I do the same things , on pc , YouTube then play games in steam , poop ! Bsod again ! Reboot and no problem no bsod again ... Everyday I need to reboot once . This really annoying !

東鎮, May 7, 2016
  3. P. Stone Win User
    Windows 10, BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe problem

Just had the BSOD error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA"

I was trying to play the game Firewatch at the time, launched into a save state. Almost immediately froze and then the BSOD appeared.

Any suggestions?

P. Stone, May 7, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Moonky,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

The crashes are 0xD1, an indication of a driver, it seems you've used driver verifier already although I'm wondering where you get those settings.
    Code: STANDARD FLAGS: [X] (0x00000000) Automatic Checks [X] (0x00000001) Special pool [X] (0x00000002) Force IRQL checking [X] (0x00000008) Pool tracking [ ] (0x00000010) I/O verification [X] (0x00000020) Deadlock detection [ ] (0x00000080) DMA checking [X] (0x00000100) Security checks [X] (0x00000800) Miscellaneous checks [X] (0x00020000) DDI compliance checking ADDITIONAL FLAGS: [ ] (0x00000004) Randomized low resources simulation [ ] (0x00000200) Force pending I/O requests [ ] (0x00000400) IRP logging [ ] (0x00002000) Invariant MDL checking for stack [ ] (0x00004000) Invariant MDL checking for driver [ ] (0x00008000) Power framework delay fuzzing [ ] (0x00010000) Port/miniport interface checking [ ] (0x00040000) Systematic low resources simulation [ ] (0x00080000) DDI compliance checking (additional) [ ] (0x00200000) NDIS/WIFI verification [ ] (0x00800000) Kernel synchronization delay fuzzing [ ] (0x01000000) VM switch verification [ ] (0x02000000) Code integrity checks [X] Indicates flag is enabled[/quote] However since driver verifier was unable to flag any driver + pagefaults (drivers passing bad data to memory or passing data to corrupted memory) there are 2 options.
    1. Driver verifier didn't flag any driver because it didn't check the setting that was violating
    2. The pagefault was caused due to bad memory.

I suggest that you start with running MemTest86+ for 8 straight completed passes or until errors show up as the tutorial describes.

Getting regular BSOD's playing games, tried almost everything [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it please.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.
    Code: 6: kd> k # Child-SP RetAddr Call Site 00 ffffd001`869472f8 fffff803`5fbd62e9 nt!KeBugCheckEx 01 ffffd001`86947300 fffff803`5fbd4ac7 nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69 02 ffffd001`86947440 00000000`00000000 nt!KiPageFault+0x247[/quote]

axe0, May 7, 2016
  5. Moonky Win User
    However since driver verifier was unable to flag any driver + pagefaults (drivers passing bad data to memory or passing data to corrupted memory) there are 2 options.
    1. Driver verifier didn't flag any driver because it didn't check the setting that was violating
    2. The pagefault was caused due to bad memory.

I suggest that you start with running MemTest86+ for 8 straight completed passes or until errors show up as the tutorial describes.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST[/quote]

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it please.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.
    Code: 6: kd> k # Child-SP RetAddr Call Site 00 ffffd001`869472f8 fffff803`5fbd62e9 nt!KeBugCheckEx 01 ffffd001`86947300 fffff803`5fbd4ac7 nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69 02 ffffd001`86947440 00000000`00000000 nt!KiPageFault+0x247[/quote] Hey thanks for replying, I am not actually sure where I found the settings for verifier because I was searching so many places to find a fix that it's hard to keep track of where I found it.

I've ran Memtest previously but it didn't really find anything, I will test it again and see if it does produce anything this time. Also I have since disabled something which I heard can cause memory leaks so we'll see if that helped.

Will report back!

Moonky, May 7, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    What exactly is it that you've disabled?

axe0, May 7, 2016
  7. Moonky Win User
    Moonky, May 7, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Standard that setting is disabled, the page file isn't something that causes memory leaks (unless there is a bug), the way it works is to make your system keep running smooth without any interference.
    What you've said to the system is to empty the page file when you shut down, the page file works similar to the RAM only the page file is meant for programs that haven't been used for a longer period.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting regular BSOD's playing games, tried almost everything - Similar Threads - Getting regular BSOD's

2. Getting BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting BSOD while playing games: I've been trying to play games but after an hour or so my computer BSODs and I see either IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_ERROR. Most of the time I see it being caused by ntoskrnl.exe and I don't know...
  3. Tried almost everything to fix wifi adapter.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tried almost everything to fix wifi adapter.: So I'm Running on an HP Elitebook 840 G3. Win 10 of course.Monday morning I attempted to use the internet and notice the wifi bars are gone and have been replaced with the ethernet globe. Saying "not connected no connections available". Figuring something was up with the...
  4. Get BSOD when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Get BSOD when playing games: i get BSOD when playing Dead by Daylight for around 20 minutes and on other games, on some other games like Left 4 Dead i get it like once a month so it doesn't bother me that much but on other games it does.i tried to fix it before but it didn't work i did memtest86 once...
  5. i’ve tried almost everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    i’ve tried almost everything: i have a huge problem that i can’t fix. it has to do with the internet settings. when i go to it to try and trouble shoot, i can’t even press it because it crashes when i open the status bar that you see on the left. i’ve tried countless tutorials on some ways to fix the...
  6. Getting BSOD while playing game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD while playing game.: I am constantly getting the BSOD while playing Valorant. I've been playing this game for last 8 months until an update from Windows.Specs:Dell Latitude E6530RAM: 8GBCPU; i5 3210M I've updated the windows and reinstalled the game even.I've analyzed the minidump file and it...
  7. BSOD After trying to play games

BSOD After trying to play games: 1.I have this error where I play almost every single game it is freezing for like 2-10 seconds constantly after couple of freezes it gives me BSOD. In BSOD it says as reason "memory_managment". Some games are unplayable becouse it gives me BSOD every time i try to play like...
  8. I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi: A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a popular game from a reputable website, or so I thought. It came with a program that seemed as though it was spam so I deleted it. Shortly after I could not connect to WIFI. Now I am using a 25ft Ethernet cable running through my house....
  9. regular bsod on games

regular bsod on games: one game in particular, x3 reunion i start new game and it crashes every time i have checked reliability history and this is the errors i am getting Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name:...
  10. Tried everything and still getting BSODs

Tried everything and still getting BSODs: Hello Everyone, I have recently bought some hardware and put together a PC. But for some reason it keeps crashing even after I replaced almost everything! Power supply 600W Aerocool KCAS (NOT replaced) EVGA GTX 1070 (replaced with PNY GTX 960) 16GB DDR4 2400MHz - Nanya...