Windows 10: Getting relevant Microsoft support - re. a non-MS Skype account.

Discus and support Getting relevant Microsoft support - re. a non-MS Skype account. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm in a situation where Microsoft support has me in a loop! I have a longstanding Skype account on my VOIP phone, which has no password, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fafhrd, May 5, 2017.

1. Fafhrd Win User

Getting relevant Microsoft support - re. a non-MS Skype account.

I'm in a situation where Microsoft support has me in a loop!

I have a longstanding Skype account on my VOIP phone, which has no password, and nothing on the phone to tell me anything other than the Skype username. Many overseas friends use this connection. The phone links with our house BT line.

As far as I know, there is nowhere to even enter a password on the phone.

It is impossible to get help on this from the *Skype help from Microsoft without involving my Microsoft account, and the only "help" offered is to send me a code to change my Microsoft account password, which I don't want to do and it will not help with the Skype problem, which has nothing to do with my Microsoft account.

If I go to Microsoft generally to tell them that I have a problem with Skype, they want to send me to the Skype help page at * above.

Any comments, feedback and requests I send on the help pages seem to get lost in space (yet it states not to include any personal information on the form including email and skype username), so how can I be contacted with specific help?

If I did manage to link the Skype phone username to a Microsoft Account, I'd also want it to be shared with my Wife, since both of us use the same Skype username on the phone.

:)

Fafhrd, May 5, 2017
  2. Palcouk Win User

Windows 10 Sync for sharepoint

So re-post to the relevant MS site for support

Palcouk, May 5, 2017
  3. JoelWhy Win User
    Remove 2-step verification on Skype

I have 2-step verification ON for non-trusted devices. However, on my work computer (which I have designated as a trusted device), whenever I log into Skype using my Microsoft account. And, every single time, it asks for 2-step verification. I looked on
    Skype on how to turn it off, but since it's verification of my MS account, it refers me to MS. Any idea how to fix this?

If it helps, I'm using the desktop version of Skype, running on Windows 10.

JoelWhy, May 5, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is? Can't you sign in to Skype?

Even before Microsoft acquired Skype and Skype started to use Microsoft accounts for users to sign in, it was impossible to have a Skype account without a password. You must have a password for your account, it's just that simple. It is irrelevant if you do not remember what it is or even if you can't remember ever setting one; there is no such thing than a Skype account without password.

You can try to recover the password by signing in with either your Skype name or phone number at Sign into your Skype account and following instructions:

Getting relevant Microsoft support - re. a non-MS Skype account. [​IMG]

Notice: before doing this, sign out from any possible Microsoft account in browser you are using; if you leave yourself signed in to a Microsoft account, that account will be automatically used because nowadays every Microsoft account is also a Skype account.

When signed in you will be asked to which existing or new Microsoft account you want to assign this old Skype name (obligatory, all old Skype names must be connected to a Microsoft account).

If recovery fails, if you simply can't do it, your only option is to start using a new new Microsoft account as your Skype account and inform all your friends and family about it. If as you say you share Skype account with your wife I recommend setting up a new Microsoft account exclusively for this purpose.

Kari, May 6, 2017
  5. Fafhrd Win User
    I can't call out or receive calls via computer on the Skype username that the VOIP phone uses.

As far as I can tell, the phone account username and password is identical, and has nothing to do with a MS account.

Fafhrd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting relevant Microsoft support - re. a non-MS Skype account. - Similar Threads - Getting relevant Microsoft

2. Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal': Hello,I've recently started using the Microsoft Authenticator app for my two work MS accounts. I also decided to add some personal accounts that are non-Microsoft to the app e.g. amazon, PayPal, non-MS mail etc by scanning QR codes from the website. All of them were added...
  3. Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal': Hello,I've recently started using the Microsoft Authenticator app for my two work MS accounts. I also decided to add some personal accounts that are non-Microsoft to the app e.g. amazon, PayPal, non-MS mail etc by scanning QR codes from the website. All of them were added...
  4. Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Is re image Microsoft supported program ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is re image Microsoft supported program ?: I keep keep getting pop ups from re imaging , is this a legit Microsoft program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-re-image-microsoft-supported-program/c6384e92-4c0b-4a2c-940f-f2f845cf8509
  6. MS calculator and relevant pop up message

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS calculator and relevant pop up message: Hello, I have been facing the following problem for the last couple of days.MS calculator automatically keep opening and there is no stopping of it. I have closed it again and again but it keeps coming. Then I tried the reset, terminate and uninstall option from the apps and...
  7. Combining Microsoft and Skype account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Combining Microsoft and Skype account: I just set up my new PC running Windows 10. It asked for my MS account or Skype name, I entered my Skype name. Now it often asks for my email address. I enter the email address associated with my MS account. I cannot go further, because I get the error message that the email...
  8. Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts merger

Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts merger: Hello team, I hope you can help me out. Back in time I had created different Skype accounts for work purposes. Since now, Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts are the same thing, I have a number of duplicate accounts mainly because the Microsoft accounts were directly...
  9. Microsoft account to use skype

Microsoft account to use skype: Hi, On Setptember 13th, I create a new Microsoft account to use Skype. It asked me my phone number, in which I received a code. Then I create the Skype account. In the next day, I tried to login using that account in Microsoft and it told me that it didnt recognized my...
  10. Installation of non Microsoft Skype

Installation of non Microsoft Skype: A friend of mine is not pc savvy, a friend screwed up his skype. We have been trying to reinstall it but it keeps coming up with asking for his microsoft account which he has long forgotten. I even went 'down the tubes' to look at his pc. Bearing in mind he knows very...