Windows 10: Getting "remove failed" when I try to remove a bugged bluetooth device?

Discus and support Getting "remove failed" when I try to remove a bugged bluetooth device? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, and thanks for reading. I just formated Windows 10 and after a week of normal use I have somehow bugged one of my bluetooth keyboards mac magic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Luka Mrkonjic, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Getting "remove failed" when I try to remove a bugged bluetooth device?

Hey, and thanks for reading.

I just formated Windows 10 and after a week of normal use I have somehow bugged one of my bluetooth keyboards mac magic keyboard 2. The problem is that I can not remove the device no matter how much I try.

Also, one weird thing is that the device is apparently "paired" all the time, even if the device is powered off / no bluetooth.

I have tried:

1. Removing the keyboard registry in local machines - system - devices -bthport and rebooted, didn't work.

2. Uninstalling the driver in device manager and rebooting, didn't work.

3. Removing the device normally in bluetooth, didn't work.

4. Removing the device in airplane mode, didn't work.

5. Removing the device under devices & printers, didn't work.

So yeah, I've tried a lot of stuff. Also, when I right click the device and go to properties, nearly all of them "unavailable", so no id or anything probably because of the previous removals.

Getting "remove failed" when I try to remove a bugged bluetooth device? 2eaf5cb1-2887-434f-88aa-945def0ea4c1?upload=true.png

Getting "remove failed" when I try to remove a bugged bluetooth device? 0901903f-c585-4ac2-a2ad-9f29d2bc2135?upload=true.png

What can I do to remove it? Am I out of luck?

Thank you so much! It is really bugging me.

:)

Luka Mrkonjic, Oct 18, 2020

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 18, 2020
  3. marknl Win User
    Bluetooth device can't be removed

Hey,
    I connected my bluetooth speaker today to my laptop to test if it worked: Acer Aspire 5742ZG
    It worked until today I wanted to remove the device. I'm unable to disconnect/remove it. It show's up in Devices and printers.

Why I want to remove it is because I want to connect a bluetooth keyboard.

In Windows there is this information on the device:

Getting "remove failed" when I try to remove a bugged bluetooth device? [​IMG]

Where in the screenshot can be read: Status: Attached was - is now Status: Removing device. (I right clicked remove device).
    That's all there is and it remains like: Status: Failed removing device and later I see Status: Connected again. How can I remove this device so that I can connect a new device?
    For the rest, there are also no settings in Windows 10 anymore that have to do with bluetooth.

Before I could easy setup bluetooth from the icon on the taskbar (the bluetooth logo). Now I see nowhere bluetooth except the device that can be shown on the first screenshot. For me this is a very difficult problem because bluetooth no longer works in Windows 10. I've set already wireless off to try to remove the device since it is a broadwell bluetooth device and the wireless LAN is also from broadwell. In Windows Device Manager there is no device related to bluetooth that can be removed. It also sounds strange to me the device is shown like a bluetooth peripheral device.

Getting "remove failed" when I try to remove a bugged bluetooth device? [​IMG]

Thank you so much for additional help !! *Rolleyes

mark

marknl, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Getting "remove failed" when I try to remove a bugged bluetooth device?

How to Remove Bluetooth Device

how to remove the bluetooth device stock-in in the searching for bluetooth devices ? always remove failed when i try to remove.

[Original Title: Bluetooth]

lloydtrigo#, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Getting "remove failed" when I try to remove a bugged bluetooth device?

1. Getting "remove failed" when I try to remove a bugged bluetooth device? - Similar Threads - Getting remove failed

2. Duplicate Bluetooth Device Removal Keeps Failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Bluetooth Device Removal Keeps Failing: To be specific, I previously connected some earbuds to my computer. After I changed the Wi-Fi card and re-connected the earbuds, another device for those buds popped up while the old one stayed, which is the one I can't remove....
  3. Duplicate Bluetooth Device Removal Keeps Failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate Bluetooth Device Removal Keeps Failing: To be specific, I previously connected some earbuds to my computer. After I changed the Wi-Fi card and re-connected the earbuds, another device for those buds popped up while the old one stayed, which is the one I can't remove....
  4. Bluetooth devices FAIL to remove and randomly disconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth devices FAIL to remove and randomly disconnect.: Hi,I recently changed my motherboard from a b550 from a prebuilt to a rog strix b550f. Absolutely everything works flawlessly and booted with no errors of any kind however windows has an issue with Bluetooth devices. I have tried two different wireless cards and the problem...
  5. Bluetooth devices FAIL to remove and randomly disconnect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth devices FAIL to remove and randomly disconnect.: Hi,I recently changed my motherboard from a b550 from a prebuilt to a rog strix b550f. Absolutely everything works flawlessly and booted with no errors of any kind however windows has an issue with Bluetooth devices. I have tried two different wireless cards and the problem...
  6. Bluetooth removed Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth removed Device: I had accidently removed my mouse Rival 3 Wireless from Bluetooth, and I cant seem to get it back it wont appear on the Bluetooth add-ons and it does have enough batteries but I dont know what's wrong with it. If anyone can help me that would be great, right now I have my...
  7. Bluetooth device failed to remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth device failed to remove: I am having an issue with removing my Xbox One controller from Windows 10 under bluetooth settings. I was having an unrelated issue I was trying to resolve and I used a USB bluetooth adapter that came from my desktop to see if it was my laptop's bluetooth device that was...
  8. Bluetooth keyboard, when removing I get - "remove failed". Tried deleting registry &...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth keyboard, when removing I get - "remove failed". Tried deleting registry &...: Hey guys! I have a bluetooth keyboard that just will not budge in the bluetooth panel. I've tried removing the BTH entry I found on it as well as uninstalling the hidden bluetooth device manger driver and it still shows up after reboot. When I right click the device every...
  9. Bluetooth device remove failed

Bluetooth device remove failed: I have kensington Slimblade mouse. It used to quit and I would remove and reinstall. Now it says "remove failed"?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-device-remove-failed/a479b8c7-cad7-4c79-9ac4-e34d82d5e298
  10. remove bluetooth devices

remove bluetooth devices: I have unacceptable lag in Bluetooth keyboard and mouse response. I also have built a considerable and duplicative list of Bluetooth devices in Windows 10 Settings list. Will deleting the duplicate devices aid keyboard and mouse response? Is there an easy way to control...