Windows 10: Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10

Discus and support Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎02-‎24 OS build 19044.1889 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Liam Downs, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10

Hi,Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎02-‎24 OS build 19044.1889 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 I've been experiencing frequent and intermittent freezing/lockups running Windows 10. Checking the event viewer has only left me stumped as to the cause, and it's getting me quite concerned. I've been getting a few recurrent 10016 errors/warnings:The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID&nbs

:)

Liam Downs, Aug 14, 2022
  2. winzhi Win User

Windows 10. Small freeze, then black screen and hard lockup

Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10 [​IMG]

As both harddrives are SSD I didnt run SeaTools.

I tried using another SATA cable and swapped the SATA port, but I still get the CRC attention "error" on my 850. Dont know if its a serious thing. Is it?

HDSentinel test:

winzhi, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Win10 lockup/Freezing

does anyone know what is causing the lockup or freezing while win10 is running i'm getting it alot just wanted to know if anyone has figured out how to fix it

DavidSutton_687, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10

Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue??

Okay - so an update.

PC woke up sometime during the night between 01:50 and 04:00 (I woke to go to the toilet at 4am and the PC was on. A simple tap of the on/off button put it back to sleep).

As per the advice from steve108 in this post on this link https://www.hellotech.com/blog/why-does-my-computer-keep-waking-from-sleep-mode I followed the steps under the section 'How to Find Out What’s Causing Your Computer to Wake Up'

I ran powercfg from an elevated command prompt.

powercfg/lastawake was no help as it showed the power button which I used to turn the pc on this morning (!)

If this happens again (pc wakes from sleep), I'll have to leave it on and then run the powercfg/lastawake command

powercfg/waketimers is puzzling as it shows the hard disk volume 2 as the culprit.

I have no idea what 'StartMenuExperienceHost' is but it looks like ONG's suggestion of looking in the Startup programs and Background Apps may bear fruit.

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed shows two entries for both the mouse and keyboard. Both now disabled.

Command Window:

Startup Programs/Apps as follows:

I'm thinking I don't need the following to be enabled?

Adobe Gamma Loader
    Apple Push
    Cortana
    Eraser
    Intel Driver and Support Assistant
    Quick Time Task

However some advice/confirmation would be great.

CDA Server (Part of Samsung Easy Printer Manager) for a wireless networked AiO Printer and as such should be running? Apparently, an obsolete or defective version of CDASrv.exe can cause problems

There were 31 'Background Apps' that were turned ON.

List follows:

Apart from, perhaps, Windows Security and maybe iTunes, is there any reason for any of these to be on?

For example, I don't use One Note, Skype nor the Xbox Game Bar (I'm not a gamer) so I'm confident in turning those off (inded I already have).

Are there any that I really NEED to be running in the background - e.g Get Help and Office?

At the moment, Get Help and Office, Settings, Windows Security and iTunes are the only ones that I have leftswitched on.

Help/suggestions as to whether (or not) I need these apps running in the background are most welcome.

Thanks to all that have offered help and suggestions so far, it is much appreciated.

Art

ArthurDent, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10

1. Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Getting repeated intermittent

2. intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intermittent freezing: Because my computer had become very slow I recently performed a complete re-install of Windows, Office 365 and Photoshop. I deleted unwanted data files and performed defrag. No other software was installed. This seemed to work initially. However, over about a week problems...
  3. intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    intermittent freezing: Because my computer had become very slow I recently performed a complete re-install of Windows, Office 365 and Photoshop. I deleted unwanted data files and performed defrag. No other software was installed. This seemed to work initially. However, over about a week problems...
  4. Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10: Hi,Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎02-‎24 OS build 19044.1889 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 I've been experiencing frequent and intermittent freezing/lockups running Windows 10. Checking the event viewer has only left me...
  5. Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10: Hi,Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎02-‎24 OS build 19044.1889 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 I've been experiencing frequent and intermittent freezing/lockups running Windows 10. Checking the event viewer has only left me...
  6. Intermittent Freezing of Windows 10

Intermittent Freezing of Windows 10: I bought a new laptop a few months ago, and I'm having an intermittent problem that I'm trying to stop. It usually occurs when I have multiple applications open and have been working for some time. The following occurs: * The mouse freezes and unfreezes repeatedly. *...
  7. Getting random lockups on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting random lockups on Windows 10: This is going to be a doozy. I have a phantom bug in my computer that causes random lockups in Windows 10. It makes it to where I cannot ctrl+alt+delete out of it and I have no choice but to do a hard shut down. I have no idea what triggers it, so there is no way I can...
  8. Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues

Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues: What is the latest on this? Multiple posts on this in MS Communities but there seems to be no solution yet.Even with a clean boot and startups disabled it would freeze on boot and desktop and become unusable....
  9. Random Lockup/Freeze NO BSOD

Random Lockup/Freeze NO BSOD: Seeing as I don't ever get a a BSOD I took it that I couldn't post in the BSOD thread. Important thing to note is when it occurs. 1. Fail to start right from turning on (no BIOs splash screen). Although this is rare and has only happened a few times. 2. Lockup on...
  10. Intermittent lockup using mouse

Intermittent lockup using mouse: I successfully upgraded (well not without issues!) to Win10 Pro. I have been having issues where when I click on something the computer just goes into La La Land. Only way I can get out is to do a hard reset or hold down the power button for four seconds. I am not sure what...