Windows 10: Getting required device isn't connected or can't be accessed when booting from that drive

Discus and support Getting required device isn't connected or can't be accessed when booting from that drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently added a 256gb drive that I had laying around that has windows 10 on it and I want to be able to boot from it. I connected it as my e drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JimS0313, Mar 20, 2023.

1. JimS0313 Win User

Getting required device isn't connected or can't be accessed when booting from that drive

I recently added a 256gb drive that I had laying around that has windows 10 on it and I want to be able to boot from it. I connected it as my e drive and I can see files on it and I actually successfully restored from a backup, but I can't boot from it.I tried repairing startup and I get errors mentioning log files put in a directory called C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\SrtThe SrtTrail.txt file has this in it:Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log --------------------------- Number of repair attempts: 1 Session details --------------------------- System Disk = Windows directory = C:\Windows

:)

JimS0313, Mar 20, 2023

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Mar 21, 2023
  4. btarunr Win User

Getting required device isn't connected or can't be accessed when booting from that drive

Can't boot from DVD drive

Is your controller in RAID/AHCI modes? If so, the DVD drive will be listed as a separate device in the list of available boot devices, not as "CDROM". Remember that when setting boot device priority. Otherwise, read the manual to see which hotkey during POST brings up the boot menu that lets you select which device to boot from. Even here, the drive will be listed separately, and not as "CDROM".

btarunr, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

1. Getting required device isn't connected or can't be accessed when booting from that drive - Similar Threads - Getting required device

2. Getting required device isn't connected or can't be accessed when booting from that drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting required device isn't connected or can't be accessed when booting from that drive: I recently added a 256gb drive that I had laying around that has windows 10 on it and I want to be able to boot from it. I connected it as my e drive and I can see files on it and I actually successfully restored from a backup, but I can't boot from it.I tried repairing...
  3. Getting required device isn't connected or can't be accessed when booting from that drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting required device isn't connected or can't be accessed when booting from that drive: I recently added a 256gb drive that I had laying around that has windows 10 on it and I want to be able to boot from it. I connected it as my e drive and I can see files on it and I actually successfully restored from a backup, but I can't boot from it.I tried repairing...
  4. error 0xc000000e "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed"

error 0xc000000e "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed": I unplugged the other storage devices that my OS wasn't installed on and it allowed me to boot up until I hit a black screen saying to "Reboot and Select a proper media device"There's one problem with that... my KEYBOARD doesn't work when the computer boots up again and...
  5. A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000e: I received the error code - A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000e I tried all of the fixes on the internet to fix it and nothing worked. Really disappointed that the windows repair tool would not repair it. So I went and bought a...
  6. "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed" Error 0x000000e on Windows 10

"A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed" Error 0x000000e on Windows 10: I wanted to install an SSD in a Laptop with 2 HDDs, one of which is not used. I took out the HDD which was not used, replacing it with the SSD and leaving the HDD with thecurrent Windows 10 Operating system. I then installed Windows 10 from media creation on the new SSD. But...
  7. Windows 10 - BSOD ""a required device isn't connected or can't be accessed 0xc00000f"...

Windows 10 - BSOD ""a required device isn't connected or can't be accessed 0xc00000f"...: Hi, Windows is trying to install latest updates I think it's 1903/1909, but during the installation process after the second or third reboot I get this dreaded BSOD. I can repair the machine using a Restore Point, but the problem returns the next time the Update installs....
  8. A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed: Hello. I have the following problem: "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed". I56400 Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P SSD 128Gb Kingstone HDD 1Tb Samsung Fresh windows installed this morning and after 5-6 hours PC crashed with this error: " A required device...
  9. Error code 0xc00000e A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Works after I...

Error code 0xc00000e A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Works after I...: When I launch my PC after it has been off for a while it gives the information listed in the title. I then push escape to enter the bios and then launch windows from the bios with no issues. I've tried looking for a solution but I couldn't find one exactly like my issue....
  10. "Required device isn't connected/can't be accessed" after SSD replace

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Required device isn't connected/can't be accessed" after SSD replace: Today, I got a 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD. Intending to replace my hard drive, I connected it with an optical drive adapter caddy and cloned my current HDD (500 GB, 202 GB used) with Easeus Todo Backup Free. I used Partition Master to create an NTFS partition from the remaining...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a required device isnt connected 0xc00000e