Windows 10: Getting restarts and PFN List Errors

Discus and support Getting restarts and PFN List Errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been getting restarts just a few minutes as the PC starts. I thought it was relegated to when I play games but now its happening even if I just play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ranina, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Ranina Win User

Getting restarts and PFN List Errors

Been getting restarts just a few minutes as the PC starts. I thought it was relegated to when I play games but now its happening even if I just play videos.

I checked WhoCrashed and got this error report

Specs of my PC

Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 1909, build: 18363
    Windows dir: C:\Windows
    Hardware: Z390 AORUS MASTER, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z390 AORUS MASTER-CF
    CPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 8664, level: 6
    8 logical processors, active mask: 255
    RAM: 17107947520 bytes 15.9GB

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

On Tue 19/01/2021 8:26:15 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\011921-10359-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C3B20
    Bugcheck code: 0x4E 0x2, 0xF1E, 0x4BDFFF, 0x1
    Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number PFN list is corrupted.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 19/01/2021 8:26:15 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: afd.sys afd+0x58943
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\afd.sys
    description: Ancillary Function Driver for WinSock
    Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number PFN list is corrupted.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 18/01/2021 8:34:54 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\011821-9703-01.dmp
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 16/01/2021 2:54:04 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\011621-9828-01.dmp

On Thu 14/01/2021 7:08:21 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\011421-9703-01.dmp

On Fri 08/01/2021 1:57:47 am your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\010821-9593-01.dmp

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Its likely a driver error but I dont know how to isolate it.

Thanks in advance

:)

Ranina, Jan 19, 2021

2. BSOD PFN List Corrupt

Solution 5 – Check the hard drive

Fix PC Errors

If there’s something wrong with your hard drive, BSODs are a common occurrence. For that matter, you need to check the condition of your hard drive. And to do that, use the chkdsk command. This command basically scans your partitions and resolves any potential
    problems.

Here’s how to run the chkdsk command in Windows 10:

Enter the Advanced Startup (Restart your computer while holding the Shift key).

Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.

Select Command Prompt from the list of options.

When Command Prompt appears, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line in order to run it:

bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

PFN LIST CORRUPT Windows 10 error

bootrec.exe /fixmbr

bootrec.exe /fixboot

Some users are also suggesting that you need to run additional chkdsk commands as well. To perform these commands, you need to know drive letters for all your hard drive partitions. In Command Prompt you should enter the following (but remember to use the letters
    that match your hard drive partitions on your PC):

chkdsk /r c:

PFN LIST CORRUPT Windows 10 error

chkdsk /r d:

This is just our example, so keep in mind that you have to perform chkdsk command for every hard drive partition that you have.

Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Solution 6 – Disable Microsoft OneDrive

OneDrive was a part of the Windows Essentials suite for many years, but with the rising popularity of cloud storage, it became a default application on Windows 10. OneDrive is a great tool that allows you to collaborate and share files with others, but unfortunately,
    several users reported that OneDrive can also cause PFN LIST CORRUPT error. In order to fix this issue, you’ll have to disable OneDrive, and you can do that by following these steps:

Press Windows Key + S and enter group policy. Select the Edit group policy.

edit-group-policy

When Local Group Policy Editor opens, in the left pane navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > OneDrive.

In the right pane, locate Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage and double click it.

prevent-usage-of-onedrive

Select Enabled and click Apply and OK to disable OneDrive.

disable-onedrive

Alternatively, you can use Registry Editor if you prefer so. To disable OneDrive by using Registry Editor, to do the following:

Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Press Enter or click OK to start Registry Editor.

regedit

Once Registry Editor starts, you need to navigate to the following key in the left pane:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftWindows

Expand the Windows key and search for OneDrive key. If the key doesn’t exist, go to the next step to create it.

Right-click Windows key and choose New > Key. Enter OneDrive as the name of the key.

windows-new-key

Select the OneDrive key. In the right pane, right click and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Enter DisableFileSyncNGSC as the name of the new DWORD.

new-dword

Double click the DisableFileSyncNGSC and change its Value data to 1. Click OK to save changes.

If you cannot access Windows 10 due to PFN LIST CORRUPT error, you’ll have to perform these steps from Safe Mode. To enter Safe Mode, do the following:

Restart your computer few times while it boots. This should start Automatic Repair process.

Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings. Click the Restart button.

Once your computer restarts again, you’ll see a list of options. Press F5 or 5 to select Safe Mode with Networking.

Once the Safe Mode starts, disable the OneDrive.

READ ALSO: Quick Fix: ‘no Boot Device Available” Error in Windows

Solution 7 – Uninstall the problematic software

BSoD errors are often caused by certain software, and many users reported that PFN LIST CORRUPT error is caused by your antivirus. It’s worth mentioning that almost any antivirus software can cause BSoD error, so be sure to uninstall any third-party antivirus
    software.

In order to completely remove an antivirus software, it’s recommended to use a dedicated uninstaller. Many antivirus companies offer these uninstaller tools for their software, so be sure to download and use one of these tools. After you removed the antivirus
    software completely, you can download the latest version of the same tool, or you can switch to a different antivirus solution.

In addition to your antivirus, certain drivers can cause PFN LIST CORRUPT. Users reported that they fixed the error by removing the Etron driver. To remove a certain driver from your PC, you need to do the following:

Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu and select Device Manager from the list.

device-manager

Once the Device Manager starts, you need to locate the driver you wish to remove. Right click it and choose Uninstall.

uninstall-driver

If available, check Delete driver software for this device and click OK.

confirm-uninstall-driver

Restart your computer.

Users reported that after removing the Etron driver their issues with PFN LIST CORRUPT BSoD were fixed. Bear in mind the almost any driver can cause this error, you might need to do a bit of research before you find a driver that is causing you this problem.

In addition to your antivirus and drivers, sometimes regular applications can cause a BSoD error. Few users reported that Philips Incenter Offline was the main cause for this error, and after removing it the issue was completely resolved. Again, almost any
    software can cause these types of errors, so it’s best that you remove any recently installed software.

Solution 8 – Check your hardware

Rather often PFN LIST CORRUPT error can be caused by faulty hardware, most commonly RAM, so make sure to check if your RAM is working properly.

To do that, download MemTest86+ and run it for a couple of hours. Many users reported that after replacing their RAM the issue was completely resolved.

Even though your RAM might be the common cause, be sure to check if other components, such as your motherboard, network card, and graphics card, are working properly.

PFN LIST CORRUPT BSoD error can be problematic, but since

this error is often caused by a software issue, it can be easily fixed by following one of our solutions.

Juliet Erum, Jan 19, 2021
  3. PFN List Corrupt

I have Windows 10 32 bit tablet and I get the message that my computer is being fixed every time I boot it... but only when I turn it off and reboot. It refers to PFN List Corrupt. I am not a programmer and have no idea how to fix it.... PLEASE HELP.

gilconsult, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Getting restarts and PFN List Errors

PancakezRule, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Getting restarts and PFN List Errors

1. Getting restarts and PFN List Errors - Similar Threads - Getting restarts PFN

2. PFN List Corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PFN List Corrupt: Been getting blue screens the past two days. Got this message this morning but a different one yesterday. I installed a fresh windows yesterday to see if this fixed it and apparently it didn't. Can anyone tell me what the problem is please? DMP file is linked below. Thank...
  3. PFN List Corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PFN List Corrupt: Been getting blue screens the past two days. Got this message this morning but a different one yesterday. I installed a fresh windows yesterday to see if this fixed it and apparently it didn't. Can anyone tell me what the problem is please? DMP file is linked below. Thank...
  4. PFN List Corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PFN list Corrupt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PFN list Corrupt.: I've been receiving this error for some time, but it is becoming more and more further I have already done a reformat, I was using a Noname off brand SSD and since upgraded now to a Samsung evo 1TB. and still pops up. it only happens on pc shut down or reboot and weird enough...
  6. PFN list Corrupt.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PFN list Corrupt.: I've been receiving this error for some time, but it is becoming more and more further I have already done a reformat, I was using a Noname off brand SSD and since upgraded now to a Samsung evo 1TB. and still pops up. it only happens on pc shut down or reboot and weird enough...
  7. PFN list Corrupt.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. BSOD: PFN LIST CORRUPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: PFN LIST CORRUPT: Today I faced BSOD on my laptop. Specs: i7-7500U, 8GB RAM, 512SSD, 2GB AMD GPU. BSOD STOP CODE: PFN LIST CORRUPT Onedrive link for Minidump and msinfo32 files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlS-d0Mh6mPMn2kTYDoVPumYZToO?e=E6XLjZ...
  9. BSOD: PFN LIST CORRUPT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: PFN LIST CORRUPT: Today I faced BSOD on my laptop. Specs: i7-7500U, 8GB RAM, 512SSD, 2GB AMD GPU. BSOD STOP CODE: PFN LIST CORRUPT Onedrive link for Minidump and msinfo32 files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlS-d0Mh6mPMn2kTYDoVPumYZToO?e=E6XLjZ...
  10. PFN LIST CORRUPT BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PFN LIST CORRUPT BSOD Error: I recently downloaded Ryzen Master and had a stable overclock for a few hours one night. When I booted up my PC the next morning (the OC was undone upon a restart as usual) I started noticing issues (like games crashing) so I uninstalled Ryzen Master. It was working fine for...