Windows 10: Getting Rid of a Keylogger

Discus and support Getting Rid of a Keylogger in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whilst roaming about the net, I seem to have picked up a keylogger. I know this because I got an email today with my user name and a valid password for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gurn Blanston, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Getting Rid of a Keylogger

Whilst roaming about the net, I seem to have picked up a keylogger. I know this because I got an email today with my user name and a valid password for a site I frequent in the subject line. The email is threatening me with embarrassing details being broadcast to everyone in my address book unless I provide a bitcoin, yadda yadda yadda.

I have seen these phishing emails before, but they have never had my password before, so I know I've been keylogged. My question is, how do I find the logger and how do I get rid of it? I am running Malwarebytes and it didn't find it. I also used SuperAntiSpyware and Windows Defender, but nothing showed up there either. I have changed my passwords using another PC, but I want to clean my machine from this. I'm using 1909, fully updated.

Anyone have any ideas?

:)

Gurn Blanston, Apr 15, 2020

2. keylogger

does anyone know how I can get rid of a keylogger on my computer. windows defender does not seem to pick it up during a complete scan.

michael1249, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Sajer Win User
    Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. Getting Rid of a Keylogger :)

Sajer, Apr 15, 2020
  4. dencal Win User

Getting Rid of a Keylogger

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

Type Diskcleanup in Cortana, bottom left.
    Click on Cleanup System Files, There you will see a second option in yellow highlight, More options.
    Do note the bottom Attachment comes up first.

dencal, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Getting Rid of a Keylogger

1. Getting Rid of a Keylogger - Similar Threads - Getting Rid Keylogger

2. Enable keyloggers win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable keyloggers win11: Good morning.I learned that Windows 11 already has a keylogger built into the operating system.I'm managing a PC that I often find modified with malfunctions, therefore, it would be useful for me to understand what was done and at what times.However, I don't know how to...
  3. Enable keyloggers win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable keyloggers win11: Good morning.I learned that Windows 11 already has a keylogger built into the operating system.I'm managing a PC that I often find modified with malfunctions, therefore, it would be useful for me to understand what was done and at what times.However, I don't know how to...
  4. support Keylogger version windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    support Keylogger version windows: I am can't connect device D. bút can't config bitlocker . I wan team microsoft can support open drive D file.tks team. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/support-keylogger-version-windows/d5a498ac-72a4-4d66-828a-ffec66b277e1
  5. Keylogger or uh.. logger?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keylogger or uh.. logger?: So I use AVG, one of the features is blocking "risky connections" and such. A 'warning' pops up when a risky connection a blocked so it can lul you into buying the PRO version. Then I seen that a risky connection was blocked to something called zennolab, never heard of it,...
  6. Identifing Keylogger

Identifing Keylogger: 1. How can I identify if there is a keylogger installed in my PC? 2. To what extent SAFE MODE (with networking) will protect from keylogger. 3. Antivirus will only detect a known keylogger not a custom built. 4. How can I be certain that Microsoft itself is not a keylogger or...
  7. Keyloggers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keyloggers: Clarify the terminology of containing the directory " And " Intended to contain directory " I got this from this site. https://norfolkinfosec.com/tag/hsmbalance-exe/...
  8. Bugged windows 10/Keylogger

Bugged windows 10/Keylogger: Recently I've been getting login attempts from all my accounts from different places around the world. I've secured all my accounts and traced the bug to an email. I'm now wondering how do I find and remove the keylogger/rat whatever it is and take this idiots access away...
  9. get rid of it

in Windows 10 Support
    get rid of it: That area, where I typed "get rid of it", is supposed to be for a Group Name. I don't want it, not there anyway; I need the space now. How can I get rid of it? It wasn't there to start with. I put there somehow by mistake. Don Cole 125622
  10. Keep getting infected.. Rootkit, Bootkit, Keylogger ?

Keep getting infected.. Rootkit, Bootkit, Keylogger ?: Hello! from a new guy. I must say what a great forum ya have here, knowledgeable & helpful people. Tutorial's are awesome (even I can follow them & that's no small feat). Anyhow, I've been reading like mad trying to fix stuff myself. Following Kyhi's guide I made a...