Windows 10: getting rid of a remote computer

Discus and support getting rid of a remote computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a home and buisness Computer they tell me that i can not have a remote computer on my system. Then why do I have a group policy dating back to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mark.oo., Nov 18, 2018.

1. Mark.oo. Win User

getting rid of a remote computer

I have a home and buisness Computer they tell me that i can not have a remote computer on my system. Then why do I have a group policy dating back to 2006. I noticed it 9-18-2012 been trying to get rid of it ever since.

:)

Mark.oo., Nov 18, 2018
  2. lbeck Win User

Can I start a computer remotely?

It occurs to me that maybe I'm working on the wrong computer. Possibly the remote computer is configured properly and the problem is with the computer sending the wake-up call.

Can someone recommend a step-by-step protocol for pinging or sending a wake up command to the remote computer?

Thanks

lbeck, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer

We suggest that you disable any security program on your computer and check if it resolves the issue.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as
    soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Then follow the steps below to ensure remote desktop is enabled:

• Click Start.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Right-click This PC.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Remote settings in the upper left hand corner.
    • Ensure the option Allow remote connection to this computer and
      Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer is selected.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Sajer Win User

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. getting rid of a remote computer :)

Sajer, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

1. getting rid of a remote computer - Similar Threads - getting rid remote

2. how to get rid of a hacker on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get rid of a hacker on my computer: How can i get rid of a hacker who keeps controlling my computer and has access to my admin username and password---i have an acer ntro 5 and a macbook pro and he has access to both--should i take one to the apple store and the other just sell?***Moved from Outlook / Outlook...
  3. how to get rid of a hacker on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get rid of a hacker on my computer: How can i get rid of a hacker who keeps controlling my computer and has access to my admin username and password---i have an acer ntro 5 and a macbook pro and he has access to both--should i take one to the apple store and the other just sell?***Moved from Outlook / Outlook...
  4. Do you trust the publisher of this remote app program -How to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you trust the publisher of this remote app program -How to get rid of this?: Hey friends,I'm trying to make this process smooth for users who access it from outside public internet and would like this pop screen to not show up. I've tried so much with no luck. In my computer GPO, I've tried adding the Thumbprint of the certificate, with no luck. I...
  5. Do you trust the publisher of this remote app program -How to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you trust the publisher of this remote app program -How to get rid of this?: Hey friends,I'm trying to make this process smooth for users who access it from outside public internet and would like this pop screen to not show up. I've tried so much with no luck. In my computer GPO, I've tried adding the Thumbprint of the certificate, with no luck. I...
  6. Getting rid of McAfee from the computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting rid of McAfee from the computer: I have just factory restored a HP Pavillion tower and have removed the McAfee from the Programs and features and also deleted the keys bar one in the registry editor - clicking on it to delete the very last entry tells me that it isn't accessible . Anyone got any ideas on...
  7. Microsoft Remote Desktop -- does anyone know how to get rid of these icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Remote Desktop -- does anyone know how to get rid of these icons?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dantjenkins2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g9rnuy/microsoft_remote_desktop_does_anyone_know_how_to/
  8. getting rid of computer and want to delete everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    getting rid of computer and want to delete everything: how do I delete everything on computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-rid-of-computer-and-want-to-delete/805e5284-5ea5-46b0-8e95-dff20370f71d
  9. Purchased used Laptop, cant get rid of remote user!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Purchased used Laptop, cant get rid of remote user!!: Purchased a used laptop, I noticed user/users, would not recover, so I created recovery drive. After several days of trying to update, restore, Who ever stopped updates, stopped recovery attempts...Finally i thought I accomplished my restoration.....And then suddenly its...
  10. get rid of it

in Windows 10 Support
    get rid of it: That area, where I typed "get rid of it", is supposed to be for a Group Name. I don't want it, not there anyway; I need the space now. How can I get rid of it? It wasn't there to start with. I put there somehow by mistake. Don Cole 125622