Windows 10: Getting rid of McAfee from the computer

Discus and support Getting rid of McAfee from the computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have just factory restored a HP Pavillion tower and have removed the McAfee from the Programs and features and also deleted the keys bar one in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ICIT2LOL, Dec 24, 2020.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Getting rid of McAfee from the computer

I have just factory restored a HP Pavillion tower and have removed the McAfee from the Programs and features and also deleted the keys bar one in the registry editor - clicking on it to delete the very last entry tells me that it isn't accessible .

Anyone got any ideas on how to remove this last remnant from the regedit please

:)

ICIT2LOL, Dec 24, 2020

2. McAfee security

Read through this and it will show you step by step how to remove McAfee from your computer

PC Hell: How to Uninstall McAfee

hTconeM9user, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Sajer Win User
    Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. Getting rid of McAfee from the computer :)

Sajer, Dec 24, 2020
  4. ted_r Win User

how do I get rid of McAfee in Windows 10?

How do I get rid of McAfee which was preinstalled when I reset my Windows 10?

ted_r, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Getting rid of McAfee from the computer - Similar Threads - Getting rid McAfee

2. How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?: MacAfee pop-ups tell me I have 5 viruses and I can't get rid of the pop-ups. Tell me hoe to do this, please. One third of my screen is covered with them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-pop-ups/cd0f1c27-c541-4af0-aa2e-7bda0e578242
  3. How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?: MacAfee pop-ups tell me I have 5 viruses and I can't get rid of the pop-ups. Tell me hoe to do this, please. One third of my screen is covered with them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-pop-ups/cd0f1c27-c541-4af0-aa2e-7bda0e578242
  4. how to get rid of the horrible mcafee pop ad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get rid of the horrible mcafee pop ad: i can't get rid of the mcafee pop ad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-the-horrible-mcafee-pop-ad/a9e2ab56-8d22-46a3-bf3e-7c6fa5bf66d0
  5. how to get rid of the horrible mcafee pop ad

how to get rid of the horrible mcafee pop ad: i can't get rid of the mcafee pop ad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-the-horrible-mcafee-pop-ad/a9e2ab56-8d22-46a3-bf3e-7c6fa5bf66d0
  6. How to get rid of all messages from Mcafee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of all messages from Mcafee: I had McAfee on my old pc but uninstalled it. I have never had it on this laptop yet they keep messaging me, from unintelligable email addresses, to tell me to renew, it is obviously scammers but I keep reporting them and they keep sending messages, now I have had a pop up on...
  7. How to get rid of all messages from Mcafee

How to get rid of all messages from Mcafee: I had McAfee on my old pc but uninstalled it. I have never had it on this laptop yet they keep messaging me, from unintelligable email addresses, to tell me to renew, it is obviously scammers but I keep reporting them and they keep sending messages, now I have had a pop up on...
  8. How to get rid of all messages from Mcafee

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. getting rid of a remote computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    getting rid of a remote computer: I have a home and buisness Computer they tell me that i can not have a remote computer on my system. Then why do I have a group policy dating back to 2006. I noticed it 9-18-2012 been trying to get rid of it ever since....
  10. how do I get rid of McAfee in Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I get rid of McAfee in Windows 10?: How do I get rid of McAfee which was preinstalled when I reset my Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-in-windows-10/718b9839-5e54-4caa-9d47-2bde60f012b4"