Windows 10: Getting rid of Photos

Discus and support Getting rid of Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got this machine from a friend and it was my first experience with Windows 10. My previous unit ran Windows 7, and I was quite happy with it. I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Senior Citizeno, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Getting rid of Photos

I got this machine from a friend and it was my first experience with Windows 10. My previous unit ran Windows 7, and I was quite happy with it. I do not like Windows 10 as it is and would like to disable or completely get rid of Photos. I have other issues (like the white taskbar) but those in due time. In contacting Microsoft support, I got answers - but incorrect answers. I've no problem playing with .regedit. Thanks for your time!

:)

Senior Citizeno, Feb 23, 2021
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Getting rid of Photos [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Getting rid of Photos

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Getting rid of Photos

1. Getting rid of Photos - Similar Threads - Getting rid Photos

2. Getting rid of Photos

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Getting rid of Photos: I got this machine from a friend and it was my first experience with Windows 10. My previous unit ran Windows 7, and I was quite happy with it. I do not like Windows 10 as it is and would like to disable or completely get rid of Photos. I have other issues (like the white...
  3. Getting rid of ads

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting rid of ads: How do I get rid of ads in Microsoft Edge? I keep getting these ads popping up on the right side of my screen. I have gone to Site Permissions/ads but the site has a place to add sites but it will not take any text,...
  4. How do I get rid of the photo at startup? Any photo!

How do I get rid of the photo at startup? Any photo!: How do I get rid of the photo at startup? Any photo! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-photo-at-startup-any-photo/6bf00a8e-461b-4fbb-8aec-4f00aa0917d7
  5. get rid of it

in Windows 10 Support
    get rid of it: That area, where I typed "get rid of it", is supposed to be for a Group Name. I don't want it, not there anyway; I need the space now. How can I get rid of it? It wasn't there to start with. I put there somehow by mistake. Don Cole 125622
  6. How to get rid of Get rid of ms-resource:appDisplayName "bug" ?

How to get rid of Get rid of ms-resource:appDisplayName "bug" ?: This was already asked on the insiders forum (?) and someone told all of us using final builds to post the question here so... Since RS3 (Is this the proper name for the release?) (don't know what build) update that the start menu has an unremovable...
  7. Get rid of Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of Messenger: Goodday Forum Friends: I hope every one I having a good day. I'm currently trying to get rid of a host of Microsoft crap that their system is trying to foist off on me. (There's about a half dozen I'm trying to work through.) Right now I'm trying to get rid of Messanger....
  8. how to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to get rid of this?: Hi guys: after i did a clean install of Win 10 TP, every time i boot too desktop i'm presented with this; see pic attach. 4481
  9. Getting rid of bloatware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting rid of bloatware: Hi , I want to perform clean windows 10 installation as my laptop comes with pre-installed windows image and I found that there are plenty of apps that I don't use ! So my question if I make clean windows installation will all my drivers work fine (including finger print...
  10. windows 10 photo viewer, get rid of scroll effect ?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 photo viewer, get rid of scroll effect ?: Hey all, so i installed windows 10 home on a new ssd from scratch, all is going great except the image viewer is making me a bit dizzy from the scrolling while viewing images. i'm thinking there must be a way to disable that effect when changing pictures and just have...