Windows 10: Getting rid of Ubuntu and installing Windows 10

Discus and support Getting rid of Ubuntu and installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a laptop with Ubuntu 18.10 and i am trying to install windows 10 on it. I have a bootable usb with windows 10 but the install does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Neville0512, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Getting rid of Ubuntu and installing Windows 10

Hi, I have a laptop with Ubuntu 18.10 and i am trying to install windows 10 on it. I have a bootable usb with windows 10 but the install does not automatically start when i restart the laptop.

Any guidance on how I can resolve this?

:)

Neville0512, Feb 21, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 21, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Sajer Win User

Getting rid of Ubuntu and installing Windows 10

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. Getting rid of Ubuntu and installing Windows 10 :)

Sajer, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Getting rid of Ubuntu and installing Windows 10

1. Getting rid of Ubuntu and installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Getting rid Ubuntu

2. windows installation on ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows installation on ubuntu: hicurrently am using linux . but the linux os unable to run in pc .so i want to upgraded to windows 10 . what are the step should i follow .pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-on-ubuntu/b8ffb947-f2bf-48a8-97b1-23f7cb87ecc0
  3. Install Windows 10 from Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 10 from Ubuntu: Hi, I want to know how to create a Windows 10 bootable image from the linux distro, Ubuntu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-from-ubuntu/fd250cf5-803c-4d10-a29c-536bfe13058e
  4. Install Windows 10 from Ubuntu

Install Windows 10 from Ubuntu: Hi, I want to know how to create a Windows 10 bootable image from the linux distro, Ubuntu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-from-ubuntu/fd250cf5-803c-4d10-a29c-536bfe13058e
  5. Remove Ubuntu and install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove Ubuntu and install Windows 10: I have a Dell laptop that came with Windows 10, I have completely removed Windows 10 and installed Ubuntu. Now I would like to install Windows 10 back. I have created a bootable USB with Windows 10.However during the Windows installation setup, I cannot select a partition to...
  6. Installing Windows 10 from Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows 10 from Ubuntu: I don’t know shit about computers so please bear with me. so I recently installed ubuntu on my failing laptop and it’s fine. but I messed up and didn’t do the try ubuntu thing so all my windows files are deleted. I want to install windows 10 on my laptop again and I have the...
  7. Removing Ubuntu and Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing Ubuntu and Installing Windows 10: I used to have Windows 10 on my laptop (HP) and it got screwy so I wiped the hard drive and installed Ubuntu 18.04. Ubuntu is super cool and all, but there are many programs I can't use with it (mostly music related), so I got a live USB with Windows 10 on it, but I can't...
  8. Get rid of Windows 10

Get rid of Windows 10: Yet again the Windows Gnomes have denied me access to my computer for an hour while they put more updates that I neither want nor need on it. The immediate effect of their latest interference has been to disable my printer so that I am now faced with having to uninstall and...
  9. Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu

Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu: I want to install Windows 10 on my pc that I'm currently running ubuntu on. In the past when I attempted to install windows and ubuntu, it erased all of my linux partitions in the process. How do I prevent Windows from accessing, erasing, or modifying these partitions during...
  10. installing Windows on Ubuntu

installing Windows on Ubuntu: I have Ubuntu 18.04 but I would like to install Windows 10 either along side it or instead. I have the ios on a usb that I have mounted using MultiWriter. When I restart the laptop and click boot options, the usb is not presented as one of the options. I would appreciate as...