Windows 10: getting rid of volume control on left screen

Discus and support getting rid of volume control on left screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; does anyone know how I can get rid of or hide the volume control, which is now displaying on the top left of my screen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kj63MI, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Kj63MI Win User

getting rid of volume control on left screen

does anyone know how I can get rid of or hide the volume control, which is now displaying on the top left of my screen?

:)

Kj63MI, Oct 30, 2019

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Oct 30, 2019
  3. How do you get rid of then sound volume bar in the upper left hand corner of the screen on a surface pro?

I cannot get rid of the volume bar that indicates sound level from 0-100 from the upper left corner from my screen.

LindaFitch1, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Quigster Win User

Volume indicator upper left of screen

Howdy, new here and my first post. I just upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit to Windows 10 Home. Install went smooth but I am noticing something undesired. Whenever I adjust my volume, a vertical bar appears in the upper left of my screen indicating the volume level. It looks like this:

getting rid of volume control on left screen [​IMG]

The box is immovable, but only lasts for 5 seconds (I adjusted the length of display to the minimum time allowed). My personal preference is to either move the bar or disable it; I find the location rather bothersome. However, I cannot seem to find any method to relocated the bar or disable it. Anyone have any experience with this, or suggestions?

Quigster, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. getting rid of volume control on left screen - Similar Threads - getting rid volume

2. How to get rid of left vertical bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of left vertical bar?: Hello,Could you please explain to me how to get rid of this vertical bar, that camefrom nowhere, I must accidentally mouse about and clicked on somethingto get this one. This is a nonsense that I do not need.There is no way to get rid of it, no option!!!!!!Please help me with...
  3. How to get rid of left vertical bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of left vertical bar?: Hello,Could you please explain to me how to get rid of this vertical bar, that camefrom nowhere, I must accidentally mouse about and clicked on somethingto get this one. This is a nonsense that I do not need.There is no way to get rid of it, no option!!!!!!Please help me with...
  4. How to get rid of the volume bar at will?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of the volume bar at will?: I sometimes accidentally turn the volume up with my extra keys while gaming and it takes forever to fade away. Its normally slightly annoying but I steer the mouse on the UI to close it, but there isnt a close button, so the bar stays even longer to go away (because the mouse...
  5. How to get rid of the widget-type-thing on the top left when adjusting the volume on...

How to get rid of the widget-type-thing on the top left when adjusting the volume on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pyRSL64 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jrs9sq/how_to_get_rid_of_the_widgettypething_on_the_top/
  6. Is there no way to get rid of this volume ODS?

Is there no way to get rid of this volume ODS?: Any time I change volume I can notice gynsc stops working.. it's jarring to say the least. Is there a way to turn it off? submitted by /u/Klubhead [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbkt21/is_there_no_way_to_get_rid_of_this_volume_ods/
  7. How do i get rid of the media controller at the top left of the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i get rid of the media controller at the top left of the screen.: The highlighted red part on the top left of the screen. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-media-controller-at-the/d88d45ee-7f0a-476a-9b3c-f48c547d56aa
  8. How do you get rid of then sound volume bar in the upper left hand corner of the screen on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you get rid of then sound volume bar in the upper left hand corner of the screen on...: I cannot get rid of the volume bar that indicates sound level from 0-100 from the upper left corner from my screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-get-rid-of-then-sound-volume-bar-in-the/f7c0b55b-d86b-404a-8469-57944ea8dc43
  9. On-screen Position of Volume Control

in Windows 10 Customization
    On-screen Position of Volume Control: I'm using a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. When I hit a volume control button (mute, volume up, or volume down) an on-screen slider is displayed corresponding to the current system volume and what I am doing. How do I get the system to display this slider...
  10. Volume indicator upper left of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Volume indicator upper left of screen: Howdy, new here and my first post. I just upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit to Windows 10 Home. Install went smooth but I am noticing something undesired. Whenever I adjust my volume, a vertical bar appears in the upper left of my screen indicating the volume level. It looks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Lenova laptop volume indicator permanently on