Windows 10: Getting rid of windows.old

Discus and support Getting rid of windows.old in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had this folder on my computer for some time now, and everytime i try to delete it, i get a message saying that i need a permission to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cerawy, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Cerawy Win User

Getting rid of windows.old

I have had this folder on my computer for some time now, and everytime i try to delete it, i get a message saying that i need a permission to delete it. I googled this issue, but the only suggestion i could find was to do a disc cleanup. I have done that many times without results.

:)

Cerawy, Jun 29, 2018
  2. Sajer Win User

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. *Smile

Sajer, Jun 29, 2018
  3. Skylark80 Win User
    Can't get rid of old device tab syncing in Internet Explorer

It keeps showing up in my IE11 Frequent tab at the bottom, no matter what I do. I deleted it from my device list in my Microsoft account page. I also turned off sync on all my other devices and followed the steps here:

Internet Expolorer 11 Unsync old PC or remove synced devices

and waited till the following morning to reenable sync on all of them. Is there something else I can try to get rid of it?

Skylark80, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Getting rid of windows.old

old windows

Hi I have just reset my daughters laptop to factory settings and updated it to windows 8.1 on the hard drive I have a windows folder and an old windows folder can I get rid of the old windows folder and how would I get rid of it, as I am not used to win 8.

cookiemonster, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

Getting rid of windows.old

1. Getting rid of windows.old - Similar Threads - Getting rid old

2. Can't get rid of old Teams Work or School account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of old Teams Work or School account: I can't seem to get rid of a MS Teams account from a former employer.The account from my former employer, continues to show up as a login option when I open the new Teams. I've followed the instructions for removing old accounts, and it does not show up as an option to...
  3. Can't get rid of old Teams Work or School account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get rid of old Teams Work or School account: I can't seem to get rid of a MS Teams account from a former employer.The account from my former employer, continues to show up as a login option when I open the new Teams. I've followed the instructions for removing old accounts, and it does not show up as an option to...
  4. Can't get rid of an old work account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of an old work account: I had a work Exchange account which I used on my personal laptop for OneDrive, Outlook, Teams, etc. I no longer work there and I can't access the account. But try as I might I can't get rid of all the traces of it. It took me a long time to work out how to stop the...
  5. Can't get rid of an old work account

Can't get rid of an old work account: I had a work Exchange account which I used on my personal laptop for OneDrive, Outlook, Teams, etc. I no longer work there and I can't access the account. But try as I might I can't get rid of all the traces of it. It took me a long time to work out how to stop the...
  6. get rid of old outlook account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    get rid of old outlook account: Hi, I had an outlook account with a group of professionals I no longer work with. I created a new account for our new group. Every time I log in I first get prompted to open the account I no longer have a password for and don't want to use anymore. How do I get rid of...
  7. How do I get rid of the old PowerShell

How do I get rid of the old PowerShell: I just install the new PS 6.24 and was able to remove the UWP app. I also unchecked Powershell 2.0 in the CP. How do I get rid of the old Power shell? 151016
  8. How to get rid of old USB drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get rid of old USB drivers?: Rollback is grayed out. I uninstall the device "M25 digital scale" but a re-install picked up the old USB that are not working. They worked for an USB ASIC miner that I used at one time. The scale works perfectly on another win 10 1903 system. What is strange is that the...
  9. get rid of it

in Windows 10 Support
    get rid of it: That area, where I typed "get rid of it", is supposed to be for a Group Name. I don't want it, not there anyway; I need the space now. How can I get rid of it? It wasn't there to start with. I put there somehow by mistake. Don Cole 125622
  10. How to get rid of someone's old user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to get rid of someone's old user account?: I have installed Windows 10 on a computer that was given to me by a friend. I have my microsoft user account with my name Claudia's PC. But when I look on my Administrator's folder which I renamed 'Claudia' on my desktop and compare it with when I put that same folder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting rid of windows.old folder