Windows 10: Getting same disk identifiers

Discus and support Getting same disk identifiers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LarryWorthey, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Getting same disk identifiers

Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue.

:)

LarryWorthey, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Airider Win User

why do 2 Local Disks get isolated?

This HP has a new SSD. I just now found this and wonder if it is stupids and/or dangerous to try <

"How to delete EFI partition with Diskpart

Step 1. Hit "Windows Key + R to open the run dialogue box, enter "diskpart" and click "OK" to open a black command prompt window.
    Step 2. Type "list disk" to display all the disks of your computer. Type "select disk n" to identify which disk you need to work with. Here n stands for the disk letter.
    Step 3. Type "list partition" to display all the volumes on the hard drive. Type "select partition n" to identify which partition you want to remove. Here n stands for the volume letter.
    Step 4. Type "delete partition override" to remove the EFI partition. Finally, type "exit" to close the windows when you receive the message says, DiskPart successfully deleted the selected partition"

just for a better understanding, but not wanting to complete it, I took these steps >

Getting same disk identifiers [​IMG]

in this context >

Getting same disk identifiers [​IMG]

so C: should be using 70GB I assume (461- 391)

Am sure my lack of expert knowledge is showing!

Airider, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Disk

Hi,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to play a CD? Please send us a screenshot.
    • Have you tried using other disks to check if you're having the same issue?
    • What application are you using to play CDs?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button, and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Getting same disk identifiers

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Getting same disk identifiers :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Getting same disk identifiers

1. Getting same disk identifiers - Similar Threads - Getting same disk

2. Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks: Hi, Yes, i have seen the other posts regarding this error. No i have not cloned any disks. The error started about 3 weeks ago. I'm on windows 10 Version 10.0.19041 build 19041 As Disk 3 holds my media files each time the event occurs the media stream is cut-off. The disk...
  3. Identifying Dualboot Partitions in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Identifying Dualboot Partitions in Disk Management: [ATTACH] Hi everyone! I used to have a Dualboot PC, with two similar copies of Windows 10. Image #1 became unstable, so I resorted to Image #2 and formatted the partition containing #1. The EFI & Recovery partitions for Image #1 still remain in my HD & I'd like to format...
  4. Windows Defender Identifies The SAME PUP As A Threat Repeatedly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Identifies The SAME PUP As A Threat Repeatedly: Since the implementation of W10 V2004, Windows Defender has now been defaulted to identify PUPS as a threat. As a result, many are now made aware of their presence. And they are "remediated", on the spot, to prevent them from causing any mischief. The problem occurs on...
  5. wired disk error Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers

wired disk error Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers: here is the error the disk 3 is a old backup drive i had in my old system and is mounted in a hard drive docking station along with another disk, but this error i don't no what to do about this any help greatly appreciated as i have lots of files on this hard drive, very...
  6. Disk X has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks (eventvwr)

Disk X has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks (eventvwr): Disk 12 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue. This is causing windows firewall to add rules with path's that display as...
  7. Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks

Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks: hey all, I am looking for some help with my external HDD's I have 3 x 8TB Seagate Backup+ Drives and 1 2TB Seagate Backup+ plugged into my PC via separate USB ports. All drives except the 2TB have external power supplies. all my hdd's shut down when I am using them and...
  8. How To Identify Cause of 100% Disk Usage?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How To Identify Cause of 100% Disk Usage?: I have a win10 machine that keeps slowing down drastically and when I check with Task Manager I see there's 100% system disk usage. And I can't figure out what is causing it. And I can't understand how it could be that important that is would slow the machine. 100% usage...
  9. Event ID 158 - disk identifiers duplicate

Event ID 158 - disk identifiers duplicate: On every restart, I see this warning message: Disk 1 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue. This did not happen on Windows...
  10. Disk 4 has the same disk identifiers ... KB2983588... doesn't resolve

Disk 4 has the same disk identifiers ... KB2983588... doesn't resolve: From the event log: Disk 4 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue. Let me digress... Funny that, as the support forum...