Windows 10: Getting Skype Calls - How to Stop?

Discus and support Getting Skype Calls - How to Stop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Today, I rec'd pop-ups telling me I had a incoming call via Skype. But I don't have Skype installed and searching Control Panel can find any kind of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by l_turn9, Dec 17, 2018.

1. l_turn9 Win User

Getting Skype Calls - How to Stop?

Today, I rec'd pop-ups telling me I had a incoming call via Skype. But I don't have Skype installed and searching Control Panel can find any kind of Skype. How can I stop getting these Pop-Ups? Is Skype bundled somewhere inside of Microsoft or Windows?

Thx

:)

l_turn9, Dec 17, 2018

2. Enable Video Call for Skype

My personal experience was very easy (my difficulty is getting nokia messaging to send!). I simply updated to 1.2 and i have a friend i regularly talk to on Skype. At first there was no option for video calling, they logged on later and it appeared - i clicked
    their name and it had the usual 'skype call' 'skype im' and under that it had 'skype video call'.

What i'd suggest doing first is download the latest skype on your PC (the version is listed in this thread i believe), log in with a separate account to the one on your N900, do 'echo' and check it's working and also connect a webcam if possible. Then add
    that accout to your contacts list in the account you actually use (so, the one on the N900 needs your 'test account' added in the contacts list). Go online for both, open contacts and click on that contact and with any luck it should say 'video call'

richwhite---01, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Cortana crashes when using skype and stops the call

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10. In order to help you better, please provide the information:
    1. Are you facing any issues while using the application individually? Have you tried to check the Cortana without using Skype call?

2. Are you able getting any error message?

I would suggest to perfrom below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I would suggest you to run the playing audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Tap on Windows Key
    and click on search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

3. Then click on View All
    on the left panel of the Screen.

4. Click onPlaying Audio.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to disable cortana and check if the Skype call is freezing or not.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-cortana

Reply with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance and we will be glad to help

Nyima Yonten, Dec 17, 2018
  4. surfinjo Win User

Skype can't receive calls

I have Skype on my desktop and my laptop.

It is working fine on my desktop.

On my laptop, I can make calls but am unable to receive any. I have tried using my desktop skype to call my Laptop skype, but it doesn't register at all. I have tried sending text messages to my laptop skype and these are permanently pending, never received.

I have checked settings. I have checked the blocked senders list.

Both PCs are using Windows 10, with all updates and the latest version of Skype.

Appreciate some advice. I really need Skype on my Laptop.

surfinjo, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting Skype Calls - How to Stop? - Similar Threads - Getting Skype Calls

2. Stop adding Skype Call to my Calendar meetings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop adding Skype Call to my Calendar meetings: Does anyone know how to stop the Windows Calendar app from automatically adding Skype to every meeting I create? Every time I set up a new meeting, as soon as I add an invitee, Calendar turns on the Skype Call option. This causes massive confusion for the invitees if I forgot...
  3. Stop adding Skype Call to my Calendar meetings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop adding Skype Call to my Calendar meetings: Does anyone know how to stop the Windows Calendar app from automatically adding Skype to every meeting I create? Every time I set up a new meeting, as soon as I add an invitee, Calendar turns on the Skype Call option. This causes massive confusion for the invitees if I forgot...
  4. Music over Skype call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music over Skype call: I have been having piano lessons over Skype for 18 months successfully. Last week on 9th November 2021 the class was abandoned. The connection was up, and voice fine but the piano sounded like poor electronic noises. A further attempt on the 12th was the same. It is the same...
  5. Music over Skype call

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music over Skype call: I have been having piano lessons over Skype for 18 months successfully. Last week on 9th November 2021 the class was abandoned. The connection was up, and voice fine but the piano sounded like poor electronic noises. A further attempt on the 12th was the same. It is the same...
  6. skype video calls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    skype video calls: during skype video calls my contacts only see a grey screen with a video icon crossed out. they also can't hear me. what can I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-video-calls/f543066c-71dc-40b3-9705-fbe92c6c84aa
  7. Skype Video Calls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skype Video Calls: When I tried using Skype on my laptop to call our Son. The computer screen is all purple and green and I am unable to see anything. It was fine last time I used it, but sadly not today and I was unable to see my little Grandson. There was a windows update today which meant...
  8. Skype: How To Record Calls?

Skype: How To Record Calls?: Hi computing experts, I just want to record the audio content of my Skype calls between me and one other person into any kind of audio format. I'm not wanting to record video. I know it's possible to record Skype calls from within the Skype now, but I don't want to use...
  9. skype to skype video call screen display

in Windows 10 Customization
    skype to skype video call screen display: Is there a way to full screen an incoming video skype to skype call on my computer , instead of seeing the caller in a small window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-to-skype-video-call-screen-display/ad12afb3-fa41-4f7f-8108-301ae220f47a
  10. Skype Call Problems

Skype Call Problems: Is anyone else having problems with Skype in Window´s 10? I make daily outgoing calls to Companies and none of the switchboards are picking up my "tone" when I´m making an option selection from an automated operator. I´m also finding the "click to call" very slow (but not...