Windows 10: Getting SMB responding again after a Windows reinstall

Discus and support Getting SMB responding again after a Windows reinstall in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On reinstalling Windows 10 (in order to have it reside on an SSD instead of an HDD) connection from a non-Windows system using SMB has ceased to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BernardBuk, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Getting SMB responding again after a Windows reinstall

On reinstalling Windows 10 (in order to have it reside on an SSD instead of an HDD) connection from a non-Windows system using SMB has ceased to work even after redefining shared directories. The PC uses both Defender and Avast. I have checked that SMB is active (ticked in Features), that Advanced Sharing settings allow discover and sharing without pasword protection.

The SMB client reports 'Connection down', and Event Viewer Security shows a 4634 at about the same time (not sure if it's relevant).

The PC can be pinged, and other ethernet dependent apps continue to work, so I assume it's purely an SMB problem.

:)

BernardBuk, Apr 25, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Getting SMB responding again after a Windows reinstall :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 25, 2019
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Getting SMB responding again after a Windows reinstall

Get Windows 10 app not responding after changing product key

• Windows 8.1 was with KMS license
    • Reserved free upgrade to Windows 10
    • Bought Windows 8.1 product key and changed product key via PC info app
    • Get Windows 10 app not responding.
    Steps tried

• Uninstall KB 3035583 using wusa /uninstall
    • Restart
    • Reinstall KB 3035583 using Windows Update
    • Restart
    • Click on Get Windows 10 icon, not responding.

Yao BinThen, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Getting SMB responding again after a Windows reinstall

1. Getting SMB responding again after a Windows reinstall - Similar Threads - Getting SMB responding

2. SMB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%97%A0%E6%B3%95%E8%8E%B7%E5%8F%96-smb/bf35c45b-b074-4706-8052-248ece481a71
  3. Windows 10 upgraded to windows 11. Then, mother board died. Reinstalled again after getting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgraded to windows 11. Then, mother board died. Reinstalled again after getting...: Windows 10 upgraded to windows 11. Then, mother board died. Reinstalled again after getting a new motherboard and getting the activation error. Tried to activate it using the troubleshooter but windows is unable to activate it.Please advise.Thanks....
  4. Windows 10 upgraded to windows 11. Then, mother board died. Reinstalled again after getting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 upgraded to windows 11. Then, mother board died. Reinstalled again after getting...: Windows 10 upgraded to windows 11. Then, mother board died. Reinstalled again after getting a new motherboard and getting the activation error. Tried to activate it using the troubleshooter but windows is unable to activate it.Please advise.Thanks....
  5. SMB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMB: Hello I would like to active SMB 1.0 /cifs file sharing support in windows server 2003, i don't have powershell. can i active the SMB 1.0 via manage your server?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb/4f36f984-61cc-4871-bc5a-7c827d7dbf40
  6. smb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    smb: my segate external hard disk goflex home cant work with windows 10 please helppppp me make it work as i know it discontinued from segate support. thanks and waiting for yr feed back ASAP....
  7. Problem with Windows getting my SMB server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Windows getting my SMB server: Hi! I am trying to make a NAS made with Amahi fedora work with my PC. I made the neccesary configuration on the NAS, and when I tried to connect with the credentials, it just doesen´t appear on my PC. I tried with my phone, and it detected the SMB server perfectly and could...
  8. Personalized Settings (Not Responding) after an attempted OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personalized Settings (Not Responding) after an attempted OS reinstall: I have seen a number of threads about getting the Personalized Settings problem after an update, but I'm experiencing it after attempting a recovery of Windows 10 in an attempt to jump-start my Store, which was refusing to install any apps. The reinstall took over six hours...
  9. Again new update and again explorer not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Again new update and again explorer not responding: As title says again explorer not responding after updating and all i get is black screen. Tried running SFC/SCANNOW It found corrupted files and fixed them, but it didn't fix anything....
  10. 1703 - Master Browser/SMB Broke Again?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1703 - Master Browser/SMB Broke Again?: Hi folks. I see quite a few posts around regarding issues with Homegroups and Network Sharing. It appears to me that SMB is broken again in Creators Update 1703. I have 3 of 4 tems on 1703, the other is on 1607. What I see is that if any of the 1703 tems is the first...