Windows 10: Getting sound on tv using HDMI from laptop Windows 10

Discus and support Getting sound on tv using HDMI from laptop Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In hooking up a flat panel tv to my laptop, I only have sound on my laptop. I've tried doing the "device search" through the Control Panel, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffBrowne2, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Getting sound on tv using HDMI from laptop Windows 10

In hooking up a flat panel tv to my laptop, I only have sound on my laptop. I've tried doing the "device search" through the Control Panel, but it didn't find the tv. Any ideas???

:)

JeffBrowne2, Jun 19, 2021

2. Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound

Hello,

When I connect my laptop (Windows 10) to TV using HDMI, I can get the video, but no sound.

I tried various solutions listed on internet and Microsoft community, like updating drivers, looking for disconnected or disabled HDMI/TV, etc.

I do not see TV/HDMI in sound control panel under soundplay back devices. TV/HDMI does not show as sound output option. Could this be a problem?

Sound and display graphic drivers are updated.

I will appreciate you help.

Thanks,

Verma

AKVerma_71, Jun 19, 2021
  3. SJLPHI Win User
    HDMI device detected Windows 10 producing sound but no sound on TV

Hello,
    I've recently fresh-installed Windows 10 Home on my Alienware 15 laptop. I've had it working with an external TV connected through HDMI. before the fresh install. In short, hardware wise nothing should be wrong. Cable, the TV and HDMI jack were working just fine a few days ago.

Since the fresh install, I've got many things to work properly except the sound through the HDMI. I did re-install and rolled back the audio driver many times but still no success. Everything else is up to date and I am out of ideas.

Getting sound on tv using HDMI from laptop Windows 10 [​IMG]

Windows 10 is producing sound fine, I can hear it fine through the headphones when I set the headphones as default devices but when I switch to the HDMI/TV as the default and output device, no sound comes out.

I would appreciate any help. I did try to google my issues but pretty much every suggestions I came across didn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

It got solved with a freakish unrelated patch. I installed On screen display application (https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...driverid=41ttf) for my laptop.

This is the strangest solution I've seen yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, nevermind. it did not get resolved. The sound sometimes works but sometimes doesn't. I have no idea what's going on!

- - - Updated - - -

Just to fill my curiosity, I tried thunderbolt, same result. However the TV sound works fine with other computers.

- - - Updated - - -

I found a "fix", I am testing whether it works consistently or not. It's a very weird sequence:
    1. Open the "Sound" option.
    2. Get to "Playback" tab.
    3. Go to properties of the TV connected through HDMI.
    4. Go to Advaced tab.
    5. Restore Defaults then apply.
    6. Change the default format to 16bit, 44.1kHz then test.
    7. Change the default format to 16bit, 32kHz then test.
    8. TV miraculously makes sound. Hit apply and close all options.

So far this survived one reboot. I will consider this solved if it survives more than 10 without me having to go through this again.

This is so strange, what could cause this?

- - - Updated - - -

Playing with input frequency is not a permanent solution, it stops producing sound while booted.

SJLPHI, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Getting sound on tv using HDMI from laptop Windows 10

No Sound on TV (HDMI) connected from Windows 10 laptop.

Old title: No Sound on TV (HDMI)

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting the sound to come out of my TV when hooked up to my laptop through the HDMI port.

There is perfect video, just no audio on the TV, it comes out of my laptop instead.

It worked fine when I had windows 7 (same HDMI cord) but ever since upgrading to windows 10 it hasn't worked.

When I go into playback devices the TV is not an option to select.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

NorthernAvalanche, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Getting sound on tv using HDMI from laptop Windows 10

1. Getting sound on tv using HDMI from laptop Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Getting sound using

2. Toshiba Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound.: Toshiba Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop-to-tv-windows-10-hdmi-no-sound/6d89adf5-f6e3-45a0-b618-3c64d90fa81e
  3. Toshiba Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound.: Toshiba Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop-to-tv-windows-10-hdmi-no-sound/6d89adf5-f6e3-45a0-b618-3c64d90fa81e
  4. Toshiba Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No HDMI Sound From TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  6. No HDMI Sound From TV

No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  7. HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV: Dear MSCSMy sound from my laptop does not work through my TV connected via the HDMI Cable, though I have a perfect picture.My laptop is a Dell XPS 17 L702X upgraded to Win10 and the drivers for the sound that it has, are:High Definition Audio DeviceRealtek Audio - works with...
  8. HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV

HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV: Dear MSCSMy sound from my laptop does not work through my TV connected via the HDMI Cable, though I have a perfect picture.My laptop is a Dell XPS 17 L702X upgraded to Win10 and the drivers for the sound that it has, are:High Definition Audio DeviceRealtek Audio - works with...
  9. HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. No sound from TV with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from TV with HDMI cable: Hello everyone, I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh...