Getting Started with Windows 10 Videos

Discus and support Getting Started with Windows 10 Videos in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I've been making Windows 10 videos at night to help out friends and family, and because it's fun. Windows 10 comes out July 29th, and it takes what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Mystere, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Mystere Win User

Source: http://www.hanselman.com/blog/Gettin...Windows10.aspx

:)

Mystere, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

windows 7 getting started videos won't play

I just realized that this thread is nothing to do with Windows PHONE 7, the forum you posted in.

If you want, I can move this to the Internet Explorer 9 forum if that's the browser you use. If you use another browser, ask that browser's support forum.

My last piece of general advice would be to try the videos in another browser. So if you use Internet Explorer, download Firefox and see if the videos play.

Entegy, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Allan Bradsahw Win User
    windows 7 getting started videos won't play

I installed a new Lenovo 64 bit PC running windows 7. Seems odd, that of all things, the "getting started" videos will not play. The first time or two the first one started for about 10 seconds and then went to buffering. Lately
    every time I try to view them nothing happens except if I click once or twice then a "Silverlight" screen comes up. That brings up another question.... What is silverlight??

I have checked with my ISP and they say my high speed connection is up to snuff

Any help will be appreciated AL..

Allan Bradsahw, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

FYI, lots of good videos there (some quite long) covering Windows 10 in pretty good detail for laymen.

Mystere, Jul 28, 2015
  5. IownAmoneyPit Win User
    @Mystere since you are also a member of 7 & 8 forums posting these videos there would be helpful to those upgrading to Windows 10.

These videos will certainly help those upgrading from Windows 7 as the learning curve from 7 to 10 contains many new features & requirements that were previously unknown.

IownAmoneyPit, Jul 28, 2015
  6. linw Win User
    Thanks for those vids. Got them earmarked!

linw, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Getting Started with Windows 10 Videos - Similar Threads - Getting Started Videos

1. Get Started App - Video Won't Play

in Windows 10 News
    Get Started App - Video Won't Play: I've just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. Videos play fine in Windows 10 from VLC and Media Player but the Get Started App fails to play a video. What may be wrong? 55772
  2. Un-Installed Mixed Reality But Can't Get Rid of Icons in Start

in Windows 10 News
    Un-Installed Mixed Reality But Can't Get Rid of Icons in Start: win 10 pro. I successfully un-installed Mixed Realty using the link below: https://www.askvg.com/tip-how-to-uni...in-windows-10/ but I can not figure out how to remove the icons from the start menu. See attached pic. Look on the left of the picture the two entries after...
  3. BSOD started getting frequent - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 News
    BSOD started getting frequent - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi all, Lately i have been getting a few BSOD's. The first couple i never saw them as i had my PC idling overnight and it had restarted. Looked in Event Viewer but nothing jumps out what the fault it so i just assumed it was a power cut or something like that. However...
  4. where is the Get Started Video?

in Windows 10 News
    where is the Get Started Video?: on the icon Get Started, there is a video of what is new in Windows 10 Can someone tell me where this video is? What folder? I want to copy it and put it on my laptop to show to my seminar I am doing in march, rather then making a power point presentation thanks 4163
  5. #ifdef WINDOWS – Getting Started with Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 News
    #ifdef WINDOWS – Getting Started with Mixed Reality: moUBTFRE8Hg I sat down with Vlad Kolesnikov from the PAX Mixed Reality team in Windows to talk about what mixed reality is and how developers can get started building immersive experiences. Vlad covered what hardware and tools are needed, building world-scale experiences,...
  6. #ifdef WINDOWS – What is Windows Machine Learning & how to get started

in Windows 10 News
    #ifdef WINDOWS – What is Windows Machine Learning & how to get started: q8yUa0ZH058 With the next release of Windows, developers will be able to evaluate trained machine learning models locally on Windows 10 devices, allowing developers to use pre-trained models within their applications with hardware-accelerated performance by leveraging the...
  7. Playing Get Started Videos

in Windows 10 News
    Playing Get Started Videos: Just downloaded Windows 10. Went to Get Started page and tried to play each of the videos. Each one failed to play. Any idea why? 10493
Getting Started with Windows 10 Videos solved