Windows 10: Getting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10

Discus and support Getting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; About nine months ago, I built myself a PC for the first time. I installed windows 10 for the operating system and it was working flawlessly until a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Martin Turnbull, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Getting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10

About nine months ago, I built myself a PC for the first time. I installed windows 10 for the operating system and it was working flawlessly until a few weeks ago. When I started the computer up and tried to click past the welcome screen and enter the login screen, it paused for a few seconds and then just went back to the welcome screen with the time and date. I tried restarting many times, and I managed to actually log in once. The 3rd party apps like chrome worked as well as usual, but everything in windows seemed to be very slow. I clicked on the search bar in the lower left corner and i

:)

Martin Turnbull, Aug 5, 2022

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 5, 2022
  3. Hendry Win User
    Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksGetting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10 :)

Hendry, Aug 5, 2022
  4. aronchick Win User

Getting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Getting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10

1. Getting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Getting Stuck welcome

2. Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen: So I have a Dell Optiplex 990 with an NVIDIA Geforce GT1030 installed in it, and I booted it up this morning and I am stuck on the welcome screen. I do not think it is hardware related, as I performed a test and nothing appeared to be defective. I cannot reach the pin or...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen: So I have a Dell Optiplex 990 with an NVIDIA Geforce GT1030 installed in it, and I booted it up this morning and I am stuck on the welcome screen. I do not think it is hardware related, as I performed a test and nothing appeared to be defective. I cannot reach the pin or...
  4. Getting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10: About nine months ago, I built myself a PC for the first time. I installed windows 10 for the operating system and it was working flawlessly until a few weeks ago. When I started the computer up and tried to click past the welcome screen and enter the login screen, it paused...
  5. Getting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10: About nine months ago, I built myself a PC for the first time. I installed windows 10 for the operating system and it was working flawlessly until a few weeks ago. When I started the computer up and tried to click past the welcome screen and enter the login screen, it paused...
  6. Windows 10 stuck at "Welcome" screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 stuck at "Welcome" screen: A few days ago Windows 10 began having an error where it would be stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots after logging in. I don't have anything plugged into the laptop, tried putting the laptop on airplane mode, tried doing a startup repair which was...
  7. Windows 10 is stuck on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is stuck on Welcome screen: I cannot log in in any way, the screen is blurred and no user charges me, I have already restarted the computer several times, removed the battery and I cannot advance. Can someone help me? please [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 stuck on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 stuck on Welcome screen: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When the computer boots up, it displays a temporary Welcome screen which is nothing but a blue screen with Welcome written on it and spinning circle of dots. At times, this screen stays longer and sometimes permanent that you end [...] This post Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 stuck on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 stuck on Welcome screen: Having Windows get stuck on the Welcome screen and prevent you from using your computer is a very frustrating experience. This guide will walk you through some fixes to help get you back to your desktop when this happens. A simple solution to try is unplugging all external...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen: When trying to open iTunes, i get an error that a .dll file is corrupted or something (can't remember the name). So, obviously, I try to reinstall iTunes, but I can only do it through Microsoft Store (first time I've used it). Everything works fine and I keep working on my...