Windows 10: Getting stuck on bios splash screen while trying to boot off of windows USB

Discus and support Getting stuck on bios splash screen while trying to boot off of windows USB in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is a prebuilt PC with a B350M Bazooka. It has a hard drive, but I want to add an ssd. When I go to the boot menu and click on uefi USB, it brings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dvduu, Jan 4, 2021.

1. /u/dvduu Win User

Getting stuck on bios splash screen while trying to boot off of windows USB

This is a prebuilt PC with a B350M Bazooka. It has a hard drive, but I want to add an ssd. When I go to the boot menu and click on uefi USB, it brings me to a frozen screen, which you can see in the picture. I have tried unplugging the hdd to swap it with the ssd, but it doesn't make a difference. No matter what, when I try to boot off of the USB, it just gets frozen. Anyone have any ideas?

https://imgur.com/0lRPo8q

submitted by /u/dvduu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dvduu, Jan 4, 2021
  2. mrpumpkin Win User

Stuck at splash screen, can't boot from USB or DVD

Symptoms:

Windows infinite circle of dots when booting. (PC was a fresh install months ago, and was working fine until returning from vacation).

Hard drive light goes solid during attempts to boot (during splash screen).

Diagnostic repair begins to load, but never completes (Using shift Key to boot or 3 hard resets), again, solid HD light

Repairs attempted:

Downloaded Windows Creation tool to both USB and DVD. Attempts to boot (splash circles), then black screen, and solid HD light.

Reset Bios to defaults
    Disabled fast boot in Bios
    Changed boot order to 1) USB Flash drive 2) DVD 3) System hard drive

Specs: (This is not my PC, so this is what I know)

i3 6100 using on board graphics
    16 gig ram
    MSI MB
    Samsung SSD
    UEFI

At this point I can not even reformat, as the USB and dvd boot, but do not load. I am not familiar with SSD failure symptoms, but the fact that I am able to get to the splash screen would indicate that it is working.

At a loss as what to try next.

Summary:

Can't load windows past the splash
    Can't boot from USB or DVD past the splash
    All attempts lead to a solid light on the SSD

I

mrpumpkin, Jan 4, 2021
  3. slsagucio Win User
    Black screen after BIOS splash screen.

Black screen after BIOS splash screen.

My computer does this every time. I reformat my PC then after 2-3 shut downs, it gets stuck at a black screen after bios splash screen.

I tried updating my BIOS and all my drivers but the problem stills persists

Tried turning fast boot off, tried updating all of windows 10 and not updating but still it persists.

Turned appreadiness off also and disabled the internal graphics of the pc but still the problem is there.

I have a GA-h81m-ds2v ver 1.0 motherboard and gtx 1070 ti vid card.

slsagucio, Jan 4, 2021
  4. NolanTM Win User

[Bug | Help] Boot screen graphics replaced with BIOS splash screen

Summary

There was a recent problem after reinstalling the OS on a desktop after using the USB key to do the very same on a laptop. The laptop installation went fine, but went the OS was installed on the desktop, the Windows 10 load/boot screen graphics were replaced
    with the BIOS splash screen, although the rotating dots remained in place.

Explanation

This may seem unlikely, there may have been a virus of sorts on the USB key, although that seems farfetched as there's really no explanation for that. Since RAM gets cleared on a PC reset, some source of manipulation from this also seems unlikely. There
    may simply be no virus at all as the cause, unless the BIOS has been tampered with.

As of note, when booting up an updated copy of the Windows 10 installation from the USB key, the graphics are also replaced. So this seems to point to a problem with the BIOS, or perhaps it needs to be taken a step further by formatting the main drive and
    reinstalling again with the updated installation.

This doesn't seem to be a very popular problem.

NolanTM, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Getting stuck on bios splash screen while trying to boot off of windows USB - Similar Threads - Getting stuck bios

2. Pc stuck in splash screen while trying to install windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck in splash screen while trying to install windows: Hello I built a new pc but when I try installing windows it wont work and it’s stuck in the splash screen.Specs:B550 aorus pro Ryzen 5600xAmd Radeon 66008x2 3600mhz ram pny xlr8Pny cs2140 Nvme ssdI’ve tried everything I used Rufus and power iso to make the iso file bootable I...
  3. Pc stuck in splash screen while trying to install windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuck in splash screen while trying to install windows: Hello I built a new pc but when I try installing windows it wont work and it’s stuck in the splash screen.Specs:B550 aorus pro Ryzen 5600xAmd Radeon 66008x2 3600mhz ram pny xlr8Pny cs2140 Nvme ssdI’ve tried everything I used Rufus and power iso to make the iso file bootable I...
  4. Black screen no bios splash screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen no bios splash screen: I recently had to perform a force shut down because windows froze for over a minute, even my rgb on my keyboard and mouse froze. After the shutdown I am not able to boot back into windows, I get a black screen with no bios splash screen, the keyboard and mouse do not get...
  5. PC wont boot past bios splash screen

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wont boot past bios splash screen: I have a seperate thread in BSOD forum. As paart of fixing the problems I downlaod a memtest program and shut down my pc to run it. On startup the pc went to the bios splash screen (ASUS) and now just sits there. It wont enter the bios or do anything. I'm assuming it is a...
  6. Bios splash screen missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bios splash screen missing: Today I updated my Windows to v1903 and ever since during my start up my bios splash screen is gone. Its just a 5 sec black screen and then followed up by the login screen. I can go into my bios my pressing F12 during the start up but its still a black screen, I can press ESC...
  7. PC Stuck in booting up after BIOS Splash screen and before win logo.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Stuck in booting up after BIOS Splash screen and before win logo.: Hello, I recently upgraded to a Gigabyte B450M DSH3 3 weeks ago and everything was fine the first day but after I turned it off and tried to turn on the next day it got stuck after the Gigabyte logo in something that appeared to be a console window from MS_DOS (kinda like...
  8. Windows 10 skips BIOS splash screen?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 skips BIOS splash screen?!: I'm encountering this strange issue: when I restart Windows 10 x64 (1809) (or power on my computer), sometimes (quite often in the last hour...) the BIOS splash screen just doesn't show up and Windows just straight up shows the Windows log in screen.... I'm quite confused as...
  9. [Bug | Help] Boot screen graphics replaced with BIOS splash screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [Bug | Help] Boot screen graphics replaced with BIOS splash screen: Summary There was a recent problem after reinstalling the OS on a desktop after using the USB key to do the very same on a laptop. The laptop installation went fine, but went the OS was installed on the desktop, the Windows 10 load/boot screen graphics were replaced with...
  10. Stuck at splash screen, can't boot from USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at splash screen, can't boot from USB or DVD: Symptoms: Windows infinite circle of dots when booting. (PC was a fresh install months ago, and was working fine until returning from vacation). Hard drive light goes solid during attempts to boot (during splash screen). Diagnostic repair begins to load, but never...