Windows 10: Getting stuck on screensaver

Discus and support Getting stuck on screensaver in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Howdy, I tried restarting my pc today because I was having some audio troubles, started restarting it, screen went black so I held the power button to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/murkaber, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Getting stuck on screensaver

Howdy, I tried restarting my pc today because I was having some audio troubles, started restarting it, screen went black so I held the power button to turn it back on, guess it wasnt off on the way cause that turned it off. Turned it back on and now I'm stuck on the screensaver page. I click something, screen goes black then right back to the time and date stuff. I'm in the advanced options right now, should I reset my computer or do I not need to go that far? Or am I SOL?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/murkaber
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/murkaber, Apr 30, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Getting stuck on screensaver :)

terrace, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Can't Remove Screensavers

Well since there is no way to uninstall the two screensavers I made it was suggested I uninstall the program. Unfortunately, even after uninstalling Axialis Screensaver, the screensavers I made are still listed. Not a big deal just wonder where the data is hiding? Normally they should of been created in the system32 folder but in searching none where found. *Mad

Winmicro10help, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Getting stuck on screensaver

Stuck on screensaver

Okay how on earth am I meant to click on the start button when I can't log in? I can't get past the screensaver and neither the keyboard or the mouse work. Kind of makes doing any of the suggested solutions impossible

Donnellyharsh, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Getting stuck on screensaver

1. Getting stuck on screensaver - Similar Threads - Getting stuck screensaver

2. Windows 11 stuck on screensaver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck on screensaver: Hello,Since a few months I have been having issues with my laptop. Often, when the laptop shuts to the screensaver it won't allow me to get to the screen to enter my password. This is fixed by using control+alt+delete and escape, then I have to restart Windows explorer,...
  3. Windows 11 stuck on screensaver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck on screensaver: Hello,Since a few months I have been having issues with my laptop. Often, when the laptop shuts to the screensaver it won't allow me to get to the screen to enter my password. This is fixed by using control+alt+delete and escape, then I have to restart Windows explorer,...
  4. Screensaver constantly gets removed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver constantly gets removed.: I'm using Windows 10 Home and I've brought all of the Windows XP screensavers over to Windows 10. And I've really taken a liking to the Pipes screensaver, which I've had set as my screensaver.Emphasis on had, because every now and then, my screensaver gets changed from Pipes...
  5. Screensaver constantly gets removed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver constantly gets removed.: I'm using Windows 10 Home and I've brought all of the Windows XP screensavers over to Windows 10. And I've really taken a liking to the Pipes screensaver, which I've had set as my screensaver.Emphasis on had, because every now and then, my screensaver gets changed from Pipes...
  6. Screensaver constantly gets removed.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows computer stuck or frozen on Screensaver

in Windows 10 News
    Windows computer stuck or frozen on Screensaver: [IMG]Some users are reporting that their computer is stuck or frozen on the screensaver. In this guide, we have a few solutions to resolve the issue. Screensavers were created to save our CRT, Plasma, and OLED monitors from phosphor burn-in while the computer is idle. The...
  8. Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None

Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None: Every few days, I notice my screensaver doesn't come on. I'll go into the settings, and see that it's set to NONE. Why is this ? I never had this problem with Windows 7. I really don't want to mess around with the registry, as if I end up bricking my computer, my main source...
  9. windows 10 laptop stuck on screensaver

windows 10 laptop stuck on screensaver: I have a windows 10 Lenovo laptop and it is stuck on ther screensaver screen and will not allow me to access the login screen. I have tried to boot in safe mode but the options of reinstalling didnt work. trouble shooting didnt work and system restore didnt work either. I...
  10. Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen

Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen: Wondering if anyone else has this issue and has resolved it. When I wake my computer up, instead of my normal background and password logon showing up, this yellow screen shows up with no mouse control and gets stuck like this for a minute or longer. The odd thing is I can...