Windows 10: Getting stuck when trying to set up a PIN

Discus and support Getting stuck when trying to set up a PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there. I just recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I’ve been trying to set up a PIN to make signing in easier. However, whenever I try... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tyler L. 466, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Getting stuck when trying to set up a PIN

Hi there. I just recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I’ve been trying to set up a PIN to make signing in easier. However, whenever I try and set up a PIN I can never can manage to do so.

What happens is that I get to the “Set up a PIN” prompt and enter in my desired PIN in both the “New PIN” and “Confirm PIN” fields. (I’m just trying to create a typical numerical pin by the way, no letters or symbols.) When I press OK, the window disappears for a few seconds, and then reappears like when I first opened the prompt with none of the fields filled out. No matter how many times I try, no matter what I do, this always happens.

Pressing Cancel or the close button doesn’t work either. The prompt reappears every time I try and close it. Enabling letters and symbols and trying another PIN gives me the same result.

Is there any way I can fix this? I’d like to be able to use a PIN for my device. Thank you all in advance.

:)

Tyler L. 466, Feb 2, 2019
  2. d1nky Win User

atx pin stuck in connector

im currently sleeving and well this hasn't happened before until now.

I literally ripped the wire from the pin and now the pin is stuck inside the atx connector and im finding it impossible to get out!

any suggestions?

I have plenty of tools apart from a thin pair of pliers, I cant find them and its effing me off tbh!

thanks guys, and yea noob mistake!

d1nky, Feb 2, 2019
  3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Getting stuck when trying to set up a PIN

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Getting stuck when trying to set up a PIN

1. Getting stuck when trying to set up a PIN - Similar Threads - Getting stuck trying

2. Trying to set up a new laptop. Get to set up pin and it won't accept the pin, doesn't let...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trying to set up a new laptop. Get to set up pin and it won't accept the pin, doesn't let...: I'm trying to set up a new Lenovo laptop with Windows. It's asking for a pin but won't accept it and won't etc me confirm it the tells me that provided pins don't match...
  3. Trying to set up a new laptop. Get to set up pin and it won't accept the pin, doesn't let...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to set up a new laptop. Get to set up pin and it won't accept the pin, doesn't let...: I'm trying to set up a new Lenovo laptop with Windows. It's asking for a pin but won't accept it and won't etc me confirm it the tells me that provided pins don't match...
  4. Trying to set up a new laptop. Get to set up pin and it won't accept the pin, doesn't let...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up: I am trying to set up windows hello face. I already have a windows hello pin set up on the computer. When I go to set up the face, it asks me to create a pin as well. I put in the same pin I am already using, the setup process closes, and nothing is changed. When looking at...
  6. Stuck on set up pin page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on set up pin page: Setting up new mini pc . Brand: OuvisliteI can not bypass PIN page keeps spinningPlease advise i have pressed the power button and unplugged several times. same result still stuck...
  7. Stuck on set up pin page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on set up pin page: Setting up new mini pc . Brand: OuvisliteI can not bypass PIN page keeps spinningPlease advise i have pressed the power button and unplugged several times. same result still stuck...
  8. Stuck on set up pin page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Stuck in loop when asked to set up account pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in loop when asked to set up account pin: 1. I log into my new laptop using my microsoft account password 2. After a few moments, a screen appears that suggests that I create a PIN 3. If I click the NEXT button, a message appears that a PIN cannot be created at this time 4. If I click RETRY, a message...
  10. Settings gets totally stuck when trying to get to Settings > System

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings gets totally stuck when trying to get to Settings > System: It gets totally stuck when trying to get to system, all the other subcategories are fine, so I don't understand why Settings > system doesn't work....