Windows 10: getting system error while updating my BIOS and running DISM commands

Discus and support getting system error while updating my BIOS and running DISM commands in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] getting system error while updating my BIOS and running DISM commands pls what does this means... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ahmedrashid11, Mar 8, 2021.

1. getting system error while updating my BIOS and running DISM commands

getting system error while updating my BIOS and running DISM commands 16838661-2c69-4446-b4bf-ec8118a5d33b?upload=true.png

getting system error while updating my BIOS and running DISM commands pls what does this means

:)

ahmedrashid11, Mar 8, 2021

2. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Mar 8, 2021
  3. DISM commands not working.

Hi Rosca,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• Are you facing any kind of issue in your PC, so you want to run DISM command?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to run DISM command?
    Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 8, 2021
  4. getting system error while updating my BIOS and running DISM commands

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

getting system error while updating my BIOS and running DISM commands

1. getting system error while updating my BIOS and running DISM commands - Similar Threads - getting system error

2. my pc cant run DISM command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc cant run DISM command: hi,i have run sfc command in powershell admin but dism/cleanup-image/restorehealth is not running.look at picture and log belowdism log.txt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-cant-run-dism-command/572add68-8c11-4676-a74a-45eaeb65242e
  3. my pc cant run DISM command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc cant run DISM command: hi,i have run sfc command in powershell admin but dism/cleanup-image/restorehealth is not running.look at picture and log belowdism log.txt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-cant-run-dism-command/572add68-8c11-4676-a74a-45eaeb65242e
  4. Can't boot - error while performing sfc or dism commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't boot - error while performing sfc or dism commands: Hi,My computer crashed and since then it has been stuck in an BSOD with an error message of BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOAfter that windows tries to repair the problem, but unsuccessfully and it takes me to the recovery environment.I tried reverting windows updates, system restore...
  5. Can't boot - error while performing sfc or dism commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot - error while performing sfc or dism commands: Hi,My computer crashed and since then it has been stuck in an BSOD with an error message of BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOAfter that windows tries to repair the problem, but unsuccessfully and it takes me to the recovery environment.I tried reverting windows updates, system restore...
  6. Difficulty running Dism commands

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Difficulty running Dism commands: I searched for it online and found out to perform SFC /scannow via a command prompt I did that as well see screenshot [img] Issue with Windows 10 update stuck on Version 1809 (error 0x80240034)-sfc-scannow.png I got this "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files...
  7. Difficulty running Dism commands

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty running Dism commands: I searched for it online and found out to perform SFC /scannow via a command prompt I did that as well see screenshot [img] Issue with Windows 10 update stuck on Version 1809 (error 0x80240034)-sfc-scannow.png I got this "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files...
  8. Running the SFC and DISM commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running the SFC and DISM commands: The picture below shows how I run the sfc & dism cmds --- sfc should be run before & after the dism cmd --- [IMG] It works for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/running-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/3d325608-c97d-401a-8cbf-9d0a7f499bcb
  9. Issues while running DISM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issues while running DISM: I am having what I think is multiple issues with my pc. I have ran anti malware program(s), they say that I am good to go. However, certain issues keep arising. For starters I am getting a "there was a problem starting werconcpl.dll" as well as a "MMC has detected an error in...
  10. Issues while running DISM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues while running DISM: I am having what I think is multiple issues with my pc. I have ran anti malware program(s), they say that I am good to go. However, certain issues keep arising. For starters I am getting a "there was a problem starting werconcpl.dll" as well as a "MMC has detected an error in...