Windows 10: Getting SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD when changing any BIOS OC setting

Discus and support Getting SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD when changing any BIOS OC setting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Specs: Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x CPU Cooler: stock Wraith Spire Chipset Version: 19.10.16 Avg CPU temps: ~54.4°C GPU:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZachAlbia, Jul 22, 2019.

1. ZachAlbia Win User

Getting SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD when changing any BIOS OC setting

Specs:
    Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus
    CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
    CPU Cooler: stock Wraith Spire
    Chipset Version: 19.10.16
    Avg CPU temps: ~54.4°C

GPU: Geforce RTX 2070
    GPU driver version: 431.36
    Avg GPU temps: ~37°C

With a clean Win 10 install after putting this build together, I tried going into the BIOS and changing some OC settings like enabling X-AMP. It started BSODing inside Windows with SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED without any file name. It's weird as it's seemingly random and it happens after using the computer for some time. Reverting to BIOS defaults fixes this. Next I tried to enable SVM for running VMs. It starts crashing again, and reverting to defaults fixes it again.

:)

ZachAlbia, Jul 22, 2019

2. BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Hello Ethan,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on your system. We will certainly help you.

Blue screens (BSOD) is mostly occur due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM, video card problem
    and BIOS.

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000007E. This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

We suggest you to kindly follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know the status of the issue and the result of troubleshooting. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

When I start my laptop. It's always restart and show BSOD : SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

(Cl.dll). Please give me your suggestion.

Athipphakone, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Getting SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD when changing any BIOS OC setting

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Getting SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD when changing any BIOS OC setting - Similar Threads - Getting SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD

2. getting Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with BSOD: My windows 10 computer executed an update and now my computer keeps going to the blue screen with this error code. "STOPCODE: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" No file is indicated, and the ASUS G752VT just stays on BSOD until I hold down power button to force it off....
  3. BSOD (System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD (System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled): I had gone out of station for a couple weeks and when I returned, my desktop refused to boot instead giving a BSOD. I analysed the generated dump file and it states that winquic.sys is responsible for the BSOD. I am able to boot fine in safe mode. Please help me to restore it...
  4. BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe: I recently just reinstall windows 10 because i was getting problems and i just felt it would go away but I'm still getting the same error but i don't how to fix it can anyone please help out. I ran some memtest to see if it was my ram but i passed 4/4 times Attachment 124503...
  5. Random BSoDs - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (!!!)

Random BSoDs - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (!!!): Hello! I am having an unsightly problem with my computer suddenly starting to randomly crash out of the blue. It's entirely random, and sometimes it doesn't even throw up a BSoD. Sometimes it just hangs and I can't do anything at all. I have gotten a BSoD that I can show...
  6. BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled

BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled: Hello there!! did you find any solution?? I have EXACTLY the same problem, I got that BSOD since 3 days already, happening at random times and "Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+c8a88, EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!!!)" . but, I have an Asus K53SV with Intel HD3000...
  7. Occasional SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD

Occasional SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD: Got a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD. Opened the MEMORY.DUMP with windbg to see that the faulted driver was a Broadcom wireless driver (bcmwlhigh6.sys) that is not listed in Device Manager. So I thought I'd stop by here for some advice. The requested zip file is...
  8. "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" when gaming

"SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" when gaming: Hello, I recently bought a GTX 1080 and installed 32gb of ram to my rig. I was playing Witcher 3 and Warhammer until I got this error message that I have no idea what it could be. I ran Memtest for 3 runs with no effect. I ran driver verifier and it found one faulty driver...
  9. Unable to OC and USB does not work to get into BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to OC and USB does not work to get into BIOS: This is weird. I was going to just leave with that but I figure it might help to explain...lol I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit First I had trouble getting into my bios as the keyboard and mouse did not initialize until the log in screen showed up. I was able to find...
  10. BSOD on startup SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD on startup SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi, i am getting BSOD on startup nearly every time, I do not know what it is, i did have some BSOD issues with memory but i had it RMA'd about a month ago. 26611