Windows 10: Getting Task View 30 days history without sharing activity to cloud?

Discus and support Getting Task View 30 days history without sharing activity to cloud? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, The new Task View seems really useful but at the moment I only seem to see things I have open at the moment or from the current day. I don't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thisisoldhat, May 22, 2018.

1. Getting Task View 30 days history without sharing activity to cloud?

Hi,
    The new Task View seems really useful but at the moment I only seem to see things I have open at the moment or from the current day.
    I don't want to share my activity with the cloud. I cant really think why storing the activity locally should not mean getting a full history in task view, but anyway I should see at least "several days" activity in task view.
    Does anyone know why I'm not seeing this? is there a setting I cant find?
    And can anyone think why they wouldn't let you see 30 days without cloud sharing ('they want the data' is my cynical guess)
    Thanks.
    O

From the windows site:
    "Timeline. See a timeline of activities from your PC and phone and resume supported activities on your PC. For example, let’s say that you were editing a Word document on your PC, but you were unable to finish before you had to leave the office for the day. If you selected the Let Windows collect my activities from this PC check box on the Activity history settings page, you would see that Word activity in your timeline the following day, and for the next several days, and from there, you could resume working on it. If you selected the Let Windows sync my activities from this PC to the cloud check box and you were unable to finish before you had to leave the office for the day, not only would you see that Word activity in your timeline for up to 30 days, but you could also resume working on it later from another device."

:)

Thisisoldhat, May 22, 2018
  2. Sergio_Sz Win User

No Tasks listed in Calendar's day view

Hi all.

After upgrading to WP 8.1 in my Lumia 720, I noticed that the new version of Calendar application has several changes.

That's fine, I just now don't see the tasks listed in the calendar single day view anymore, as it was in WP 8.0's version.

Now I have to go to the Tasks list, and see there what's coming... not very practical really. In the last version, I could see on the top of the day view in calendar the tasks listed.

Is this like that, or I'm loosing some setting maybe here?

Any comment?

Thanks and regards.

Sergio_Sz, May 22, 2018
  3. Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, May 22, 2018
Thema:

Getting Task View 30 days history without sharing activity to cloud?

1. Getting Task View 30 days history without sharing activity to cloud? - Similar Threads - Getting Task View

2. Activity History - extend history to more than 30 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activity History - extend history to more than 30 days: Windows' Activity History is extremely useful feature, but it only stores last 30 days. Is there a way how to change it / extend it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activity-history-extend-history-to-more-than-30/dcd27039-fdb2-4629-b4d3-f78e5711ddd6
  3. Activity History - extend history to more than 30 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activity History - extend history to more than 30 days: Windows' Activity History is extremely useful feature, but it only stores last 30 days. Is there a way how to change it / extend it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activity-history-extend-history-to-more-than-30/dcd27039-fdb2-4629-b4d3-f78e5711ddd6
  4. Activity History - extend history to more than 30 days

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history: The task view button used to show active tasks and a nice list by day of activity history. Now it only shows current active tasks and history for Jan 10-11.In settings/privacy, It is checked to collect activity history for my account.thank you...
  6. Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history: The task view button used to show active tasks and a nice list by day of activity history. Now it only shows current active tasks and history for Jan 10-11.In settings/privacy, It is checked to collect activity history for my account.thank you...
  7. Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. View or Store Activity History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View or Store Activity History: As I am reading and also deleting multiple trash emails in my Outlook mail, the following message appears on my screen:"You can only view or store activity history from this device. Synching activities across other devices is no longer available." WHY NOT ? I didn't change...
  9. TASK VIEW History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK VIEW History: My history is not showing in TASK VIEW so unable to retrieve previous windows. Is there a setting I need to change? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-history/891f4cfc-da2e-4b69-b9c2-70c1083a4a31
  10. Task View History Window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task View History Window: Why does the taskbar history leave some of the history that can’t be removed or cleared? I have 8 that I can’t remove or clear. Seema like it keeps adding some that can’t be removed....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. domain taskview 30 days

2. task view 30 days