Windows 10: Getting the Boot MGR missing message after cloning

Discus and support Getting the Boot MGR missing message after cloning in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hey, so I've cloned my HDD to my SSD and everything worked perfectly fine. I then wanted to switch back to my HDD as the boot device to see if I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Ghost Prodigy, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Getting the Boot MGR missing message after cloning

Hey, so I've cloned my HDD to my SSD and everything worked perfectly fine. I then wanted to switch back to my HDD as the boot device to see if I can fix some broken directories but was greeted with the "boot mgr missing" message. I'm not sure as to why this would be as I literally haven't touched anything on the HDD after the cloning process.

This is how everything looks in computer management

Getting the Boot MGR missing message after cloning [​IMG]

Disk 1 is the SSD

Disk 0 is the HDD

:)

Ghost Prodigy, Jan 23, 2020

2. Boot Mgr Missing...Windows 10

Yes i did. I just keep getting the boot mgr missing message. Here's another screen i got i think from F9. When i press R, it does the same thing...boot mgr missing.
    Getting the Boot MGR missing message after cloning b9383870-d0fc-4893-be01-2bd22cd3f8fa.jpg

Jordansmom769, Jan 23, 2020
  3. byali Win User
    win10 boot mgr missing

I have upgraded to win1064bit.Now the screen is showing " boot mgr missing".I don't have recovery disk. How to solve this

byali, Jan 23, 2020
  4. chokd Win User

Getting the Boot MGR missing message after cloning

boot mgr missing

I have sony vaio originaly installed with 2000.

Upgrade with xp professional

upgrade to memory to install vista

Accidently lost original 2000 cd and tried to upgrade xp and vista

but i get boot mgr missing and can not go further

[Moderator Edit: Moved from: Windows Insider / Windows Insider Preview / Desktop and Start / PC]

chokd, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Getting the Boot MGR missing message after cloning

1. Getting the Boot MGR missing message after cloning - Similar Threads - Getting Boot MGR

2. battery missing from D Mgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery missing from D Mgr: Follow online instruction to reinstalll battery icon but battery not showing in Device Manager.How to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-missing-from-d-mgr/f17cb284-2316-4e4a-b789-cf4c02c0e7e9
  3. battery missing from D Mgr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery missing from D Mgr: Follow online instruction to reinstalll battery icon but battery not showing in Device Manager.How to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-missing-from-d-mgr/f17cb284-2316-4e4a-b789-cf4c02c0e7e9
  4. battery missing from D Mgr

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Gettings SSD to Boot, Cloned with AOMEI

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Gettings SSD to Boot, Cloned with AOMEI: So I have a bit of HDD spaghetti I need to sort out so I felt it best to clone my windows 10 drive to an SSD as I will be transferring it to new hardware (also a dell). Ive attached a screenshot of my current disk management screen on the original/old computer. Disk 0 is an...
  6. Recovery media missing after cloning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery media missing after cloning: hey, so i recently cloned my hdd to a new ssd. i used minitool partition wizard. i clicked on migrate os to hdd/sdd. i chose option a. replace system with another hard disk. Now after i completed that process i swap the sdd in and booted up fine. i used the laptop like i...
  7. SSD won't boot after clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    SSD won't boot after clone: Hi all, I have cloned several SSDs in the past without trouble, but this time I am stuck. I cloned the original Toshiba hard drive using Macrium Reflect to a new Samsung SSD. And it appeared to clone everything correctly. I then powered off my computer and swapped out the...
  8. BOOT MGR missing after playing with settings in Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BOOT MGR missing after playing with settings in Disk Manager: Help.. I will try to get straight to the point and I really appreciate anyone who can help! I googled a lot and tried things but nothing is working out. Problem: BOOT MGR missing + main drive w/ OS cannot be found in BIOS after Disk Manager settings were changed...
  9. boot mgr not found endless loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot mgr not found endless loop: When we started the computer this morning we got the message Windows was going to automatically repair itself. After several cannot repair messages we tried the advance options - repair, restore from system restore, restore from backup, boot into windows safe mode and...
  10. win10 boot mgr missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 boot mgr missing: I have upgraded to win1064bit.Now the screen is showing " boot mgr missing".I don't have recovery disk. How to solve this 21550