Windows 10: Getting the error: 'Couldn't update the system reserved partition' when trying to update to...

Discus and support Getting the error: 'Couldn't update the system reserved partition' when trying to update to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The article provided in this site is of no use because I can't check the properties of my relevant disk (properties button is faded), which shows:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Donato Doley, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Getting the error: 'Couldn't update the system reserved partition' when trying to update to...

The article provided in this site is of no use because I can't check the properties of my relevant disk (properties button is faded), which shows: 'Disk 0 partition 1'. Also, that disk seems to be 100% free with 100mb capacity. Can anyone help me here?

Everytime I try to update windows the same error comes up. Why does something as basic as updating need to be so complicated?

:)

Donato Doley, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Anthony Gal, Nov 23, 2019
  3. "we couldn`t update the system reserved partition" error while upgrading to Windows 10

Original Title: windows 10

hi,i have windows 7 and trying download 10

get near the end and message pops up

`we couldn`t update the system reserved partition

any help please

john f`

jordanfriend, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Getting the error: 'Couldn't update the system reserved partition' when trying to update to...

We couldn't update the system reserved partition - Windows 10 1803 Updates won't install

The usual suggestion is to clean it out.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3086249/we-couldn-t-update-system-reserved-partition-error-installing-windows

Are you implying DISM is showing a message about bootmgr? What is the message exactly? You may need to use a different DISM syntax and point to a /source:

Otherwise it may be bogus. For a possibly related incident see

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update-winpc/windows-10-update-kb3213986-fails-repeatedly-with/46d9b1af-71a6-4d39-acaf-c3882047ac12

What are the details for that?

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Getting the error: 'Couldn't update the system reserved partition' when trying to update to...

1. Getting the error: 'Couldn't update the system reserved partition' when trying to update to... - Similar Threads - Getting error 'Couldn't

2. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...: Hi,I need help,please.. I'm currently using Windows 11 but I keep getting BSOD crashes when turning on my computer. I tried all the solutions to troubleshoot this but I still couldn't figure out what's causing all these crashes. So today, I decided I'll reinstall Windows 11,...
  3. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...: Hi,I need help,please.. I'm currently using Windows 11 but I keep getting BSOD crashes when turning on my computer. I tried all the solutions to troubleshoot this but I still couldn't figure out what's causing all these crashes. So today, I decided I'll reinstall Windows 11,...
  4. Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition: Every time I Try to Update, I Get the Error Message: We Couldn't Update the System Reserved Partition I tried Deleting My Fonts but It Still Shows the Error...
  5. Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition

Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition: Every time I Try to Update, I Get the Error Message: We Couldn't Update the System Reserved Partition I tried Deleting My Fonts but It Still Shows the Error...
  6. We couldn't update system reserved partition error when trying to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't update system reserved partition error when trying to update: let me first start with I know there is a support page for this issue but those options did not resolve my issue. My drive has the GPT partition and I proceed with all the correct steps as stated and it still does not work. My ESPY: drive is still shown as pretty much full...
  7. We couldn't update system reserved partition error when trying to update

We couldn't update system reserved partition error when trying to update: let me first start with I know there is a support page for this issue but those options did not resolve my issue. My drive has the GPT partition and I proceed with all the correct steps as stated and it still does not work. My ESPY: drive is still shown as pretty much full...
  8. We couldn't update system reserved partition error when trying to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. we couldn't update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    we couldn't update the system reserved partition: Trying to download Windows 10 (I have Windows 7) here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I go through that DL process and it shoots an error message: "we couldn't update the system reserved partition" and I find this is a pretty common error message...
  10. We couldn't update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn't update the system reserved partition: I have googled this issue a lot and I see a lot of things that can be done but I some are not working. My partitions look different so its a little strange. When I try to upgrade to 10, I get the error message "We couldn't update the system partition". I had an older SSD that...