Windows 10: Getting the file size on disk from command line

Discus and support Getting the file size on disk from command line in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the correct place but it was the closest and most populated subreddit. I need to find actual disk space of a file, to figure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vovsuchinternet, May 31, 2020.

1. Getting the file size on disk from command line

I'm not sure if this is the correct place but it was the closest and most populated subreddit. I need to find actual disk space of a file, to figure out the downloaded ratio of torrent files.

I know it can be seen in file properties and there are ways to get reserved space for a file from cmd, but I couldn't find a way for actual size of file.

Thanks

submitted by /u/vovsuchinternet
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vovsuchinternet, May 31, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Getting the file size on disk from command line :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, May 31, 2020
  4. OneMoar Win User

Getting the file size on disk from command line

Increase image file upload size cap

its still a extra step worse still its command line ... the whole point is to spend less time taking fking screenshots and more time posting ...

OneMoar, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Getting the file size on disk from command line

1. Getting the file size on disk from command line - Similar Threads - Getting file size

2. Windows 10 Restoring Startup Disk from Command Line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Restoring Startup Disk from Command Line: I recently added an SSD to my desktop Windows 10 machine and copied all of the files and switched the boot drive to the new SSD.The old hybrid drive was left as is with all of my files and Windows 10 on it and I've used it for three or four months off of the SSD.I just...
  3. Windows 10 Restoring Startup Disk from Command Line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Restoring Startup Disk from Command Line: I recently added an SSD to my desktop Windows 10 machine and copied all of the files and switched the boot drive to the new SSD.The old hybrid drive was left as is with all of my files and Windows 10 on it and I've used it for three or four months off of the SSD.I just...
  4. Windows 10 Restoring Startup Disk from Command Line

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  6. Command Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line: I am attempting to copy and entire directory from one HDD to another, by keep getting an error of "Invalid umber of parameters." The file path to the Directory is as follows: G:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\OLD OS FOLDER The destination folder is C:\OLDOS Can someone PLEASE...
  7. Batch command to include random line from file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch command to include random line from file?: Hello, i was wondering if i can include random line from file into a Windows 10 batch script command. Command is: wmic computersystem where name="%COMPUTERNAME%" call rename name="Computer%RANDOM%" and instead of "Computer%RANDOM%" i would like to input random line from...
  8. How to display a file from command line using File Explorer?

How to display a file from command line using File Explorer?: How can I pass a file to explorer.exe from the command line, and display it in File Explorer? When I try something like: explorer.exe mypic.jpg It opens the file in my default app for jpg files. I just want to open Explorer with the file displayed and highlighted....
  9. Deleting files with command line

Deleting files with command line: I used del filename and it was successfully deleted. I also used dir to double check. However, when I checked the Recycle Bin; the file wasn't found inside. Was this file permanently deleted?...
  10. Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically: I have the following commands which need to be run in the command line: sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled sc.exe stop wuauserv I want to create a file which, when launched, opens the command line, sends the above commands to the command line, and then closes the...