Windows 10: Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11

Discus and support Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am a blind user who frequently uses the Notepad application. On my Windows 11 laptop, I’m having difficulty to read the content and Braille. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OlivierD'Anjou, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11

Hello, I am a blind user who frequently uses the Notepad application. On my Windows 11 laptop, I’m having difficulty to read the content and Braille. I can hear it with my screen reader, but I can’t read it properly. So, when I want to write code properly, I use my Windows 10 PC. Is there a way to have the old version of Notepad? If not, is there any alternative?Regards,Olivier

:)

OlivierD'Anjou, Mar 22, 2022
  2. Berton Win User

Notepad on Windows 7\

Suggestion would be uninstall then new install on Win7. Maybe an older version would work better? A list, maybe Version 7?
    News | Notepad++

Berton, Mar 22, 2022
  3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 22, 2022
  4. John Zab Win User

Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11

desktop - Notepad window openx when Windows 10 is stated?

Hi John,

To help resolve the issue regarding the opening of notepad during startup, we suggest that you open the startup items and check if it's added.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • If this is the first time you opened Task Manager, you'll get a compact list of running apps. Just select
      More details to open the full view.
    • Once the full view is opened, click Startup tab.
    • If Notepad is listed, right-click on
      Notepad
      then select disable.
    Let us know the result.

John Zab, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11

1. Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Getting old version

2. Is there any way to use the old version of Notepad in Windows 11 and fix "New > Text...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to use the old version of Notepad in Windows 11 and fix "New > Text...: Ok, here's the situation. I use Windows 11 and I've been trying to restore the old version of Notepad because I like how it's more simple and it opens faster than the new one. Eventually I found out that you can just uninstall the new Notepad through the start menu and...
  3. Old Notepad win 11

Old Notepad win 11: Hello, I am new to win 11 and just was able to access and use old windows notepad. I cannot find out how to make old notepad my default editor in win 11. Can anyone advise me?...
  4. Old Notepad win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Notepad win 11: Hello, I am new to win 11 and just was able to access and use old windows notepad. I cannot find out how to make old notepad my default editor in win 11. Can anyone advise me?...
  5. I want the old version of notepad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want the old version of notepad.: How can I roll back to the original version of notepad? The new version is less useful and I don't want reminders to upgrade to a newer version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-the-old-version-of-notepad/863469aa-d26f-497a-880f-6f625e4f3f60
  6. I want the old version of notepad.

I want the old version of notepad.: How can I roll back to the original version of notepad? The new version is less useful and I don't want reminders to upgrade to a newer version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-the-old-version-of-notepad/863469aa-d26f-497a-880f-6f625e4f3f60
  7. How downgrade to old version of notepad on win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How downgrade to old version of notepad on win11: How can I download previous version of windows notepad from before the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-downgrade-to-old-version-of-notepad-on-win11/de4bc5f5-4db0-4910-bf64-7ac928a37517
  8. How downgrade to old version of notepad on win11

How downgrade to old version of notepad on win11: How can I download previous version of windows notepad from before the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-downgrade-to-old-version-of-notepad-on-win11/de4bc5f5-4db0-4910-bf64-7ac928a37517
  9. How to get Notepad with Tabs in the stable version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to get Notepad with Tabs in the stable version of Windows 11: Microsoft introduced Notepad with Tabs in Windows 11 a few days ago. The feature is currently only available in the Developer Channel of the Windows Insider Program, but you don't have to wait for it to come to the stable channel, you can just sideload the new version of the...
  10. Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11: Hello, I am a blind user who frequently uses the Notepad application. On my Windows 11 laptop, I’m having difficulty to read the content and Braille. I can hear it with my screen reader, but I can’t read it properly. So, when I want to write code properly, I use my Windows 10...