Windows 10: Getting this error when I try to play videos in Movies & TV app & videos will not...

Discus and support Getting this error when I try to play videos in Movies & TV app & videos will not... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can get my videos to play on other video players, but I need them to be working in the Movies & TV app because the software that I work with for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EpicMattman, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Getting this error when I try to play videos in Movies & TV app & videos will not...

I can get my videos to play on other video players, but I need them to be working in the Movies & TV app because the software that I work with for video editing reads them from that app & now non of my project files can open the videos and I cannot do any of my work on my computer. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling Drivers with no luck, I've been digging through all sorts of settings with no luck. This started after the most recent windows update, so maybe I can roll the version of windows back somehow? any help would be appreciated.

:)

EpicMattman, Feb 12, 2021

2. [BUG] Movies and TV app

Hi, I noticed a bug on the Movies & TV app after a recent update. This bug is pretty hard to notice so I didn't get any support. I checked it on two other PCs and found the same.
    Please follow the steps and give me feedback. Do you experience the bug.? A simple Y/N is enough.

• Open the Movies and TV app (also called Films and TV)
    • Open any video folder
    • Play the last video from the folder
    • [BUG] Can you see "Next video" button on the right side.?(Also no
      previous video button)
    • When you click on the next video button which video gets played. Is it the
      second video
      in the folder?

I J Sankar, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Movies and TV UWP app will not play security cam AVI

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to play AVI files using Movies & TV app. The Movies & TV app supports most of the video file formats including AVI. For more information, see

File formats supported by the Movies & TV app in Windows 10

However, it would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• What happens when you try to play AVI videos in Movies & TV app?
    • Do you receive an error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to download the
    MPEG-2 Video Extension
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Getting this error when I try to play videos in Movies & TV app & videos will not...

Movies and TV Videos won't play on PC

As the title suggests, I can open the Movie I wish to watch, the video loads, and then..... nothing. No errors, no nothing. It's a tad frustrating considering this is a windows 10 machine and Movies and TV is a windows native app...

How do I fix this?

Drakoneous, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Getting this error when I try to play videos in Movies & TV app & videos will not...

1. Getting this error when I try to play videos in Movies & TV app & videos will not... - Similar Threads - Getting error try

2. Getting this error when trying to watch a video with Movies & TV player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting this error when trying to watch a video with Movies & TV player: Getting this error when trying to watch a video with the Movies & TV player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-this-error-when-trying-to-watch-a-video/4955a069-53f9-44a6-bee0-2eae5421ae33
  3. Getting this error when trying to watch a video with Movies & TV player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting this error when trying to watch a video with Movies & TV player: Getting this error when trying to watch a video with the Movies & TV player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-this-error-when-trying-to-watch-a-video/4955a069-53f9-44a6-bee0-2eae5421ae33
  4. Error 0xc00d36bb when trying to play 360 video with TV&Movies App after upgrade to Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc00d36bb when trying to play 360 video with TV&Movies App after upgrade to Windows...: Hello,I have a problem with playing back 360 videos with default TV&Movies App. It occurs after upgrading or installing Windows 2022 January Update. Player doesn't start and shows error 0xc00d36bb. If video doesn't have audio - using timelapse - it plays without problem.It...
  5. Error 0xc00d36bb when trying to play 360 video with TV&Movies App after upgrade to Windows...

Error 0xc00d36bb when trying to play 360 video with TV&Movies App after upgrade to Windows...: Hello,I have a problem with playing back 360 videos with default TV&Movies App. It occurs after upgrading or installing Windows 2022 January Update. Player doesn't start and shows error 0xc00d36bb. If video doesn't have audio - using timelapse - it plays without problem.It...
  6. error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good

error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good: when i play a movie with movie and tv App its tell me "Missing codec" and the error code 0x887a0004. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-while-playing-videos-with-movies-and-tv-app/54c1fd67-0825-478c-90cf-3b5d82571bc0
  7. GPU overheating when playing a video on Movies & TV

GPU overheating when playing a video on Movies & TV: I literally wanted to watch a video on the app and after 2 min. my PC shuts off. I thought it overheated. The next day i wanted to see what did that. So i opened MSI Afternurner and played a video on the app and saw the GPU temperature was going up fast until it shut off to...
  8. speed videos in Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    speed videos in Movies & TV app: How can I speed videos in Movies & TV app? I mean I want to watch a one-hour video in just 30 or 40 minutes just like in YouTube. Thank you in advance. Greetings...
  9. Getting error code 0x80004002 when trying to play any video with the Movies and TV app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting error code 0x80004002 when trying to play any video with the Movies and TV app: I spent a good amount of money for a bunch of movies, and cannot even watch them. It is strange, because if I sit there the movie will load and play in the background, but when I click close on the error message box the gray screen will disappear and show the movie like it is...
  10. No Color in Movies and TV while playing videos

No Color in Movies and TV while playing videos: Why no color in The app Movies and TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/no-color-in-movies-and-tv-while-playing-videos/e8321ded-81c1-4e47-982b-9618990b361d